Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Found out at my last dentist visit that it's time to get my wisdom teeth extracted. Two are impacted and two are half-way in but there's not enough room for all four. I'm reeeal nervous about it, but my appointment is already set.

Who else has had their wisdom teeth pulled? How was it?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a dental asssitant and it will not be as bad as you think. If you have the teeth removed at the oral surgeon or your regular dentsist you have the option to have nitrous oxide or (gas). The gas should make you comfortable. The after effects from having them removed would be that you may have some swelling. After i had mine removed I looked like a chipmunk. It will be no problem!!!! :2cents:

brande3 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had all 4 of my wisdom teeth extracted at the same time. The gas was not an option for me because I had to drive myself home. I also had swelling and the blood scared me but everything was fine overall.

good luck!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's not as bad as people make it out to be.
    i had the procedure done a couple of months ago (on two seperate occasions) and both times it was really quick and painless... except for the shots of novacain, but i'm not a big fan of needles anyway.

but yeah, after that, the areas were really numb and it was a snap. it must've taken about half an hour tops.

there was some slight discomfort for about a week after. the perscription pain killers that i was given helped with that. ^_^
    let the city meet your soul...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had all 3 of mine taken out (the 4th one was never there) at the same time. I though, was given the option to go to sleep, so I did. 30 minutes later I was awake and an hour after that I was home. After the meds wear off, it was painful only the same day. The days that followed I was just fine. Its amazing how quickly the mouth heals. Warm water rinses helped a lot too.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually had 5!!!!! The fifth one was impacted under another wisdom tooth...!!!

I was put completely under for mine...IV and everything... All I remember was the anestheologist telling me to count backwards from 100. I think I got to 98...When I woke up, I was drunk as hell and in no pain.

I had swelling and lots of drugs. I had desolvable stitches, so I didn't even have to go back to get them removed...My only problem was that the knot to one of the stitches slid down my throat and made me choke...I hacked it up...(sorry I know that's gross...)

Anyhooo, don't worry you'll be fine. You just have to worry about looking like a chipmunk for about a week... :P
    Natural-Ree
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."
    Chinese Proverb.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had 3 cut out at once, my fouth never came. I am extremely frightened of dentists so I had the shot, gas, and they put me to sleep. I wasn't taking any chances :icon_headshake:
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::
    March '08 NOTM
    http://public.fotki.com/ChaoticSoul2
    *Dreads...expect the unexpected*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my wisdom teeth in need of removal. It's only been a recent problem. The one on the bottom left rose and started to nip at my cheek sometimes when I chewed for about a month. It has since calmed down....gum has grown over it.

Then I have on the top left that started to poke through in the past two weeks. I still feel it a little, but I think it's cool now.

I don't have dental insurance so they'll have to be left alone for now....

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry. I don't want to scare you, but having mine pulled HURT LIKE HELL!!!

I was put under with gas and I was kind of in and out of it during the surgery. I was awake and asleep at times. There was even a time that I started to feel some of the surgery. I had to let them know that they needed to give me another doseage. Aside from that, I have a really small, tight jaw (my mouth does not open wide at all), so my mouth had to be propped open. It hurt like hell because my mouth felt like it was being stretched and I couldn't close and relax my mouth.

I was in pain for about a week following the surgery. I experienced nausea and of course, I couldn't eat solid foods. (That week, I discovered a love for broccoli and cheese soup!) I was restless and disgusted because I HATE being in pain.

The two at the top are still there. I will die with them. I will NEVER have that type of surgery again, unless they club me and keep me sedated for a week.
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/Tralicious/"]My Hair Album [/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must say when I had my wisdom teeth pulled it was the most restful weekend of my life. I slept like a baby for two days straight. I only got up to eat and take meds. All i remember is goig to the Dentist's office and seeing that his assistant was a really fine brotha!

When I woke up, I was in the hotel room with my parents. They came from Memphis for the surgery, b/c stuff like that usually freaks me out.

I will say this. FOLLOW THE DENTISTS DIRECTIONS. PLEASE! IF YOU DON'T YOU WILL EXPERIENCE A NEW KIND OF PAIN!

I know, I was hard headed.....

[SIZE=2]Even when I&#39;m a mess I still put on my vest with a "S" on my chest!! </span> <span style="color:#3366FF">Z-Phi![/SIZE]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast