Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a good thread, I kind of needed to remind MYSELF what my regimen is, I've been slacking.

I like to keep it simple.

1. Prepoo with any oils I have laying around, I heat them a bit and sleep with a cap on overnight.

2. Detangle the next morning and section.

3. Shampoo, depending on the week or my hair's needs I clarify, mud wash, or use a sulfate free wash.

4. Deep condition under a hooded dryer for 15-25 mins

5. Rinse with cold water, apply leave in, seal, and start on whatever style.

I used to be strict about doing this weekly, now it seems to happen every other week or once a month.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazitones View Post
    Very good thread even for us veterans. I need to find another regime because my old one wasn't working. :nohuh
    Yes! Me too!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

old thread

Current regimen:

Weekend-
    1. Rinse hair under running water to let tangles out; use conditioner if necessary
    2. Rhassoul clay goes in for 40 min to cleanse
    3. Moisturize w/ glycerin spritz. It's winter so I am supplementing with some Cantu Shea Butter, and olive oil (we'll see if it holds up)
    4. Seal ends with vaseline
    5. Style in two chunky fat twists or twist and tuck kinda thing

Once a week

1. Oil rinse or co wash
    2. Re-moisturize w/ glycerin and re-seal with vaseline.
    3. Restyle in above styles

This glycerin seems not to want to keep my hair moisturized now that the dew point kinda sucks. It worked well last year, though. Wish I had some Qhemet's AOHC to try or something. What do people use when winter rolls around?

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now see, I just assumed I'd posted in this thread since I've been here for freaking EVER...looks like most of it was developed while I was in locs though so that's probably the reason why...

General regimen regardless of style:
    - Wash once a week, normally with conditioner. Every four weeks, wash with shampoo and do a protein DT and a moisture DT. If I am wearing regular twists (see below) I do not wash or wet my hair with the twists in.
    - Apply leave-ins (normally LOC method unless I'm doing a WNG, in which the C is replaced by some sort of styler designed to enhance the coils)
    - Air-dry
    - Sleep on a satin pillowcase
    - Trim every 8 weeks or so or if I think my hair needs it

WNG regimen:
    - Night: Put in mini-puffs or bands, cover with a scarf
    - Morning: Rewet with water, usually lightly with a spritz bottle but sometimes by dunking the head under the shower; apply additional styling product if necessary

Loose hair (twistout/braidout) regimen:
    - Initial: Put hair in twists, braids, or a combination
    - Nightly: Put in large puffs, mini-puffs, or bands, cover with a scarf; may rewet and apply product depending on how dry it feels
    - Morning: Take down and fluff

Regular twists regimen:
    - Initial: Put in mini-twists on dry stretched hair
    - Nightly: Go to bed
    - Morning: Apply oil if necessary
    - Take out after about 10 days and wear the twistout for another 2-3 days before washing

Rope twists regimen:
    - Initial: Put in mini-rope twists on dry stretched hair
    - Nightly: Go to bed
    - Morning: Apply oil if necessary
    - (I haven't done this yet but I'm going to try it with this next set of twists) Every 3 weeks, after washing and drying, coat liberally with coconut oil, take each twist down, remove shed hair, and twist back up
    - Take out completely after...? (The last set I took down after four weeks; I'm going to see how long I can go with this next set while doing retwists every 3 weeks.)
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678