Headache - check
    Pain - check
    Upper jaw and tooth ache - check
    Tenderness around the nose, forehead and cheeks - check
    Swelling and pressure around the eyes - check
    Fever - check
    Weakness or fatigue - check
    A cough, runny nose or nasal congestion - check

Yeap! Me thinks me got one! AND IT HURTS LIKE HELL!

I have tried warm compresses, OTC drugs, upping my water intake. BUT I STILL HURT! *where is that crying smilie? * I even snorted salt water (saline solution) Not even a crack in the dam.

It feels like my head is about to explode and i wish it would hurry up and do so so me head can have some peace!

Help me :help:

suggestions?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aaaawwww :smil3f9cf915b71bf:

Have you tried inhaling steam from a vaporizer or hot cup of water?

oops I see you tried the compress

Is this cronic for you? If so I read something about folks getting releaf from surgery.
    5 YEARS LOCED pw = smile
    Loc Journey pw = smile
    I may be MIA for the most part but I pop in from time to time.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:smil3f9cf915b71bf: The only thing that ever helps me is sleep and steam...when I'm sleeping I'm not feeling the pain, and the steam loosens everything up.

Living abroad? Thinking of moving, or just moved back? Check out the Expat Nappies group!

Don't forget to THANK PANK!

NappyNiece Guest

If this is chronic, make sure to keep it in check because there has been some sort of a relationship between certain meningitis infections. A co-worker of mine suffered from chronic sinusitis which got out of control and the bacterial somehow traveled.

I also use steam and I turn on my vaporizer, dim the lights in the room and pray it will just pass. If it doesn't subside in a week or so, I take a trip to the Dr.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.... I have been drinking tea and inhaling the steam from it all morning long. I just took a nap on my office floor ( i have a air bed in here for the baby) and it seems to have worked a little bit... the lights are OFF and i can only look at the comp for little burst of time (can ya tell i aint been posting much today? lol)

It’s not chronic though. I think i get a sinus infection like once every 2 years or so. I hardly ever get sick. Maybe once or twice a year but when i do, it is a doozy! We both had strep and the flu last week. My voice is just now starting to come back but last night and the night before i could really feel it draining (my sinuses) and i kept waking up coughing.

Does anyone know if those breathing strips may help work to clear it up (just thought about it)? Don’t they have the medicated ones?

feepee Guest

awwwww girlie, i know the feeling them thangs suck!!! to my knowledge if it IS an actual sinus infection you'll need antibiotics. and i'm not one to run to the doc swiftly, but that is one thing i'll take medication for. cuz if it's bacterial it will just get worse.

i'd say if u can last a week, if u don't get better and feel better for at least 3 days. go to the doc.

((hugs))

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by feepee@Jul 11 2005, 02:59 PM
    awwwww girlie, i know the feeling them thangs suck!!! to my knowledge if it IS an actual sinus infection you'll need antibiotics. and i'm not one to run to the doc swiftly, but that is one thing i'll take medication for. cuz if it's bacterial it will just get worse.

i'd say if u can last a week, if u don't get better and feel better for at least 3 days. go to the doc.

((hugs))
    [snapback]921250[/snapback]
    Thanks. im actually still on antibiotics for the strep throat though. Last time i went to the doc for one they gave me this thing that i had to shoot up my nose (some spray) and they didnt even give me the anti's. It HURT LIKE THE FIRES OF HELL! can u say the sinus infection pain was less hurtful then that damn spray :shocker:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nasal sprays can hurt
    here's a trick my doc taught me: get one of those baby thingys you use to squirt up the nose or extract snot. fill it with water which is slightly salty and squirt it up you nostrils as hard as you can. the water should not be salty enough to burn you. This helps to break up the mucous.

Oh and lay off dairy products, they are mucous forming.

"What is for you cyaah be unfor you" Colin Channer
    5 year lock update
    5 1/2 year update

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by bajanempress@Jul 11 2005, 04:17 PM
    nasal sprays can hurt
    here's a trick my doc taught me: get one of those baby thingys you use to squirt up the nose or extract snot. fill it with water which is slightly salty and squirt it up you nostrils as hard as you can. the water should not be salty enough to burn you. This helps to break up the mucous.

Oh and lay off dairy products, they are mucous forming.
    [snapback]921387[/snapback]
    lol that is what i have been doing. (i think i said i was snorting salt water or something like that) but yeah... narthin! As for dairy... i dont do it... it dont like me... sept cheese and i have not had any for a few weeks

NappyNiece Guest

My hubby likes those breath-right strips. They have some that have vick's vapor rub on it too. There is also a vick's vapor steam. It is a cup in which you add a tablet(fizzes like alkaseltzer) to warm water and inhale. Works ok too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast