Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@sed26: sorry, I'm just seeing this but many ppl twist their hair and then dust(lightly trim) the permed ends because you can usually see the permed ends that way.
    Last edited by lin19lyn; 12-13-2010 at 05:02 PM.
    BC'd: June 2010
    Last perm: End of 2009

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Miss L2911: If you are already using the tea tree oil with no relief, I am wondering if the braids are too tight back there and its pulling on your nape hair. With cornrows just make sure the braider knows that you don't want your hair braided tightly. I never had scab hair so I don't know anything @ that. And is it possible you are having a reaction to the added hair? I hope you can get some relief soon. Good luck to you.
    BC'd: June 2010
    Last perm: End of 2009

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks alot. I think I'm just getting reaccustomed to the braids. I haven't had braids in three years now. Even before transitioning, I never liked wigs or weaves etc. So right now this itching is driving me crazy! I cant wait until New Years to take this out and start taking care of my own natural hair...

Thanks again for the advice!
    Loc'ed and Lovely!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I have been transitioning for about a year, but I think I made a mistake. Instead of using a protective style, I had my hair blown out every two weeks and trimmed every four to six weeks. Now the back of my hair is completely natural but there are some chunks in the front are straight from the blow drying and heat I was putting on it. So now that I want to wear my hair in natural styles, it's hard because of these straight pieces. These pieces do not have relaxer on them, so are there any good conditioning treatments I could use to coax out the natural curl? Renae

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a weird question:

Is transitioning the same as no longer getting relaxers? I've seen things like, "Last Relaxer 1/2/10 been transitioning since 3/3/11" Is there a difference? Do you start to "transition" the minute you stop getting relaxers or is there something else that's required before you officially start?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so i just stated this process and my hair is still permed so really what should I be doing with my hair now? at this moment i don't have any new growth and i usually just wear roller wraps, sets or occasional iron out n i honestly don't know what to expect of my natural hair. I have been looking for good products and reading up that but i'm still a lil lost, i guess the one thing I know 4 sure is that i don't want any more perms and I would love to finally be natural!!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nikkijay, Welcome to NP.

When I transitioned, I used old-fashioned roller sets. I resisted using a flat.iron to smooth my hair.

When I had more new growth than rel.axed hair, I did try straw sets. As my hair grew, I had my ends trimmed...until I was ready for my chop...just my .03 cents worth!

Keep checking out NP for other tips and tricks! Hope the "old heads" will chime in!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 3 Months Natural

Hello!! This wesite has answered so many questions that I have. I am toying with he idea of the big chop. But Im kind of self-concisious about short hair. How can make transitioning better. I have No idea what to do with my hair,I have 1 inch of new growth(LOL) and numerous of inches of relaxed hair.... My qustion is what are some ways to make my transition smoother.....Help

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool I'll be needing color

Does going natural mean I have to live with the gray hair? Please tell me I have options!

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast