Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by enelohcin View Post
    Hello all,

Quick question: are braids ever a good option for hair styling? I'm thinking of twist extensions and cornrows- not micro braids. I understand that you'd need to moisturize.
    Braids are an excellent, low maintenance protective style. Be mindful to not braid too tightly.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Chachadiva

Quote Originally Posted by chachadiva View Post
    Braids are an excellent, low maintenance protective style. Be mindful to not braid too tightly.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could anybody tell me any chemical free natural/organic products you use to groom your locs? Petroleum free, etc free. Thanks much

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Confused

Ok, I am the type of person that likes to research everything before I "try" it but reading more it making me more confused . I BCed six months ago but wasnt really sure of what to really do with my hair so I have been getting braids done and wearing wigs. Anyway, I am more confused about the actually steps of the regime.

From reading it seems like the general regime should be prepoo with essential oils, shampoo with sulfate free shampoo and then condition the hair with moisterizing conditioner? Is that correct?

When is the hair supposed to be deep conditioned? Also, doesnt a "deep conditier" require heat to the hair?

When are you supposed to use ACV on the hair, I understand that it is after the shampoo to remove buildup on hair but does that replace the clarifying shampoo that you are supposed to do once a month???

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thompsonkim7 View Post
    Ok, I am the type of person that likes to research everything before I "try" it but reading more it making me more confused . I BCed six months ago but wasnt really sure of what to really do with my hair so I have been getting braids done and wearing wigs. Anyway, I am more confused about the actually steps of the regime.

From reading it seems like the general regime should be prepoo with essential oils, shampoo with sulfate free shampoo and then condition the hair with moisterizing conditioner? Is that correct?

When is the hair supposed to be deep conditioned? Also, doesnt a "deep conditier" require heat to the hair?

When are you supposed to use ACV on the hair, I understand that it is after the shampoo to remove buildup on hair but does that replace the clarifying shampoo that you are supposed to do once a month???
    Thanks in advance

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Welcome to the site, what you mention in your post are general recommendations. They is no 'should be' beyond the general keep your hair clean and moisturise. The trial and error method is the best one. IOW you do not have to use AVC, you do not need to prepoo, you do not need to use sulphate free shampoos, if you do and it works for your hair all good.
    I notice you are wearing wigs is that because you are styled challenged in that you do not know how to style your hair? Try browsing through youtube there are some good tips on there on How to do______ or even browse the Loose Inspiration thread for what it says on the tin 'Inspiration'!
    Last edited by Denny; 05-02-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    http://public.fotki.com/Lockyladyden

Join date March 2004
    Locks installed 12/2005.
    Go PANK you know you want to...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is extremely helpful (especially explaining the co-wash..because that didn't make since to me at first..) I will keep all of these tips in mind. My last Relaxer was 3/11/12 and I have Senegalese twists in now..I will apply these techniques when I take these twists out

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Questions, and i need Ideas

I havent Put a relaxer in my hair for a year so my question is AM I past the transitioning pahse? I also would like ideas on styling I used to get my "hair blown out" but now since is summer it"s a waste cause my hair gets frizzy. I would like to learn how to do natural styles to my hair

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bzempressk
    I havent Put a relaxer in my hair for a year so my question is AM I past the transitioning pahse? I also would like ideas on styling I used to get my "hair blown out" but now since is summer it"s a waste cause my hair gets frizzy. I would like to learn how to do natural styles to my hair
    You'll be past the transitioning phase when all your relaxed ends are gone. As for styles, there are tonnes listed in the how are you wearing your hair today threads?. Also, YT has some a variety of styles and how to's. Frizzy is good.

HTH

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    Revelation 21:4 - Psalm 51 - Psalm 121 - Ephesians
    (All words typed above are my experience and/or opinion, please feel free to agree or disagree....just please, do so without malice.)
    Loc'ed: 19/NOV/08 - Love ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NP Convert since 06/08

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Posting for reincarnation!
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021