User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    _Empress_ Guest

Ok ladies, I've reached my limit. One year natural and I've begun fighting with this hair on my head. It has passed the stage of cute fro and now just looks wild. I turned sideways in the mirror the other day and I swear I saw sonic the hedgehog! When I wear braids or twist my scalp goes crazy and won't stop flaking until I take them out. So I normally just wear a shake and go. I wish my hair would fall just a bit instead of stickting straight up in the air so ideas have been creeping into my head about using a texturiser to allow my hair to fall a bit to the sides...sigh I'm so weak, help me

What dd you ladies do when you got to your "in between" stages after a yr or so of being natural?

Empress' Website: http://spaces.msn.com/members/butterfly-expressions/

babygirlwoman Guest

Maybe u should try some new products so your scalp wont flake up so.

Wild isn't a bad thing...maybe try experimenting with new styles

Stay away from the chemicals...dont even consider that an option.

Is your goal length or something? Otherwise why not just cut it to the cute fro you loved before?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, don't give up! Sounds like you need a few things....

1. A good cut...go to the barber and have him shape your hair up so it has some style
    2. Product switch...you are using something in your twists that dosen't agree with your scalp. It's not you, its the product. Maybe just use an oil instead of a gel.
    3. Get creative.
    4. Lastly, do some pretective styling for awhile until this phase passes over...

HTH
    [SIZE=2]-JazzyNap
    Rockin' Teenage, Rambunctious, Miscihevious Locs
    [/SIZE]

Nx2brat Guest

You have to be patient... the same way you had to be patient to grow out your TWA. The right styling can help you deal with the tween stage. Natural goes out....even after you attain more length. If your goal is to get your hair to fall down... I think you might want to re-direct your focus. Just continue to learn and love your hair. When you're in a hair funk...it's usually the perfect time to experiment...

Brat :P

carmenjones Guest

Im at the in between stage right now. And frankly its kicking my butt.

I started out with a real cute twa but now it's almost 5 months later and my hair is driving me nuts! I don't wanna do a weak chemical fire cream, but I am at my wits end and Im THISCLOSE to chopping it all off again just to make life simple.

But the suggestions in this thread are good. My hair IS extremely uneven so I need to go get a cut that is meant for the length of hair that I have. Im just gonna try to keep it healthy and even while its growing out. Hopefully, I'll be out of this stage in a few weeks.

_Empress_ Guest

Thanx so much ladies, I'll try to stay positive and won't do anything serious. I'll trim a bit and see what happens. I suppose I did lose focus like you said...damn these influential tv shows! Back ot basics...thnx again ladies...it's nice to come here when you're down

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm at that stage too! i am sticking with puffs, and trying new styles.
    twists are really looking right at this length, and i can't seem to get some other styles down ...if you look in my album i tried a 'half mohawk' with one side going back and the rest in a twist out...it was cute for a minute then it looked like my hair was just 'half done'

if i was you, i'd figure out what up with the scalp though so you can try other styles, maybe even braid or twist extensions. or just chop nothing wrong with that. in september i'm going to take off a couple of inches
    <div align="center">
    OBAMA &#39;08!

~~ : ~~
    "Not everything that is faced can be changed,
    but nothing can be changed unless it is faced."
    ~James Baldwin
    ...:::...
    *itch and moan all you want, but unless and until you ACT, change will not occur.
    ~Ms. Custard

3 years loc&#39;ed!! Latest photos can be found HERE!!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...zM8/weight.png
    </div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another person checking in at that in-between phase. I&#39;ve been stuck here for the past 6 months or so due to a major hair mishap (not heat, but using a permanent color that severely dried out my hair). Now that I&#39;ve stopped chopping, I can finally see some growth. I&#39;m trying to be patient. Usually when I get fed up I try some braid extensions for awhile. Just be patient with your hair -- or chopping has been mentioned as another alternative. Back away from the chemicals before you do something you may regret later.

TrueSugar Guest

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Billyne Guest

Originally posted by babygirlwoman@Jul 23 2005, 01:35 PM
    Maybe u should try some new products so your scalp wont flake up so.

Wild isn&#39;t a bad thing...maybe try experimenting with new styles

Stay away from the chemicals...dont even consider that an option.

Is your goal length or something? Otherwise why not just cut it to the cute fro you loved before?
    [snapback]935633[/snapback]
    those are good ideas....or how about scarves--i like to use those when i have those retarded hair days----they got some cute ones at target!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast