Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay ladies,

I need some suggestions. After considering this for quite some time, I am starting over with my loc journey. I chopped them last night down to the hair that wasn't locked and probably have about an inch of hair left. First question - my hair is not quite even - should I get it evened first or does that even make a difference - meaning I have sections that are quite a bit longer? My sections will be about twice the size that they were or at least close to that. Parting - I am not sure that I want neat parts - what is the difference when you start out with random parting or sectioning so to speak? I have twisted my hair a little this morning and it's holding (but then I figured it would) because my hair ain't nothin' but O's - the ends are still mad coily though so is it likely that they will seal starting with shorter hair or no - just a question out of curiosity if someone can shed some light? Also I am excited about going through that short, wild, untamed locs phase (part of why I started over) can anyone share what it was like for them at that stage? TIA!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW! ... Shocker!!! ... :shocker: ... Congrats to you on a brand new start.

I'm certainly no expert at seven months, but I can speak from my personal preference. I would get the hair evened up because I would just like the "look" of the hair growing out in length as uniform as possible. If it were to just grow uneven after that it wouldn't bother me because for me it would be just doing what it was supposed to do, but I'd like for everything to start off on an even keel, at the same starting line so to speak.

I hope that you'll update this new journey with pics. Looking forward to following your progress!
    My album: [url="http://public.fotki.com/justice4alw/"]http://public.fotki.com/justice4alw/[/url]
    Napptural since 2000; [b]*Locs started 12/09/04.[/b]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@justice - Thanks for the feedback. I guess that I will get it evened before I start again. I updated my album. I wasn't sure if I was going to yet but decided that I'd like to share . You can check it out if you like!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great! I'm so glad that you updated! Your texture is simply beautiful.

I also love the Loc Blog Thought in your signature. It's deep, very deep.

Will you be starting the new babies off as braids or will you be freeforming?
    My album: [url="http://public.fotki.com/justice4alw/"]http://public.fotki.com/justice4alw/[/url]
    Napptural since 2000; [b]*Locs started 12/09/04.[/b]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@justice - Thanks! I did a test run with a few twists this morning to see if they would hold and then rinsed them and it was all good. My hair is pretty coily so I think that I will go that route - they honestly look like coils I'm sure because it's so short. I will just spend the next week or so deciding on the size that I want and then me and my SO will put them in

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still in shock and will need to reread your post but you can check me out during my first few months of locing with short hair and comb coils. WOW !! You started your journey only 1 day after I started mine and next month would have been 1 years.

What happend? Do you mind saying. I can respect it if you don't.

I hated my first few months of frizzies but I embraced it because it was part of the journey. It was going through that phase that discourages me to even want to start over, at least with that length.
    5 YEARS LOCED pw = smile
    Loc Journey pw = smile
    I may be MIA for the most part but I pop in from time to time.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Now!

justice gave you good advice about getting your hair trimmed. my locs were started by a loctican and she gave me even parts. personally i like the even parts b/c now that i am maintaining them myself it is easier for me to care for them. she did the back stadium style and the rest just neat parts.

i LOVE this funky look! my locs @ the crown DO NOT LAY DOWN, they just stick up! the crown is loc'd except for 3 that are taking their sweet time.

enjoy your continuing journey, i think you will like starting w/ shorter hair... i hope this helps
    Album updated: Jan. 17, 2008 </span>

Album

<span style="color:red">Hair stats:
    Last perm: 3/04
    Locs started w/ coils: 9/04

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@linette - I knew that it would be a shocker for some - I will check out your album again.

ETA: My preference changed a lot to be honest. I want thicker locs and a bit more of an unruly look. I started to combine some of my locs but they didn&#39;t really mesh. I realized yesterday that I couldn&#39;t really get to the look that I wanted without starting over and I&#39;m not one for picking out locs. I also want to experience shorter locs - I LOVE that look! For me personally, starting my locs with length was a bit of security for me. Even now as I type I am a bit nervous - about starting them myself and about starting with shorter hair - it will definitely teach me more discipline and patience. I WILL love how they will loc sooner though.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Khardelya - Thanks! What are stadium parts? I wouldn&#39;t mine some sticking up locs either so is that attributed to size you think?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:shocker:

But I love your short cut. You have luscious thick hair. I have to agree with Justice though. I would even it out to get a good start. Short locs are so cute and now that you have had some experience you will enjoy them more.

Good luck on your travels.
    7 year locs, relaxing and enjoying life

album pw: gummy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast