Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by NappyPrncess@Nov 19 2003, 05:59 PM
    ^^I agree with everything except one thing you said, "God takes life". God does not take life. He can if he wants to because he can do anything, but death is not of God, it is of the devil. God IS life! Sin equals death! We cause death upon ourselves because we are born into a world of sin, and that is not something that God chose for us, his plan for us is to live in spiritual harmony with him forever and have total dominion over the Earth, but when Adam and Eve sinned they not only cursed theirselves to death but also their offspring (all of mankind). Because we are sinful human beings, death is something that can't be avoided. It's like when we sin, we will automatically die because in a way God has no control over the matter, because sin is like the complete opposite of who He is. Just like life is the complete opposite of death, God(who is life) is the complete opposite of sin(which is death). If we were all saints and perfect we wouldn't die. But since we're not we have to die, however God has made a way for us to not be eternally dead, but have eternal life. Death is God's enemy. He doesn't go around creating diseases and appointing certain times for people to die. I don't know if I explained it clearly but people tend to always think that God's will is for us to die someday at a certain time, when the bible shows that it isn't so! In the bible it says that Death will be the last Enemy that God will destroy.
    This world and all living things are made up of cycles. The cycle of life and death. Look at the seasons.

Death is not evil is enivable. Everything has a balance and an opposite. There is a necessary death that needs to occurr to keep the cycle and quality of life going. As humans we learn from unnecessary death. If we don't, we keep getting what we get as a whole and individual. Hence the quality of life.

Choas that is caused by man/womans ego (devil or lower beastly ways) creates distruction and dispair in our lives, communities and the world. But because the spirit over powers ego, something good always comes out of bad (we have to sometimes such for it, but it's always there).

Is this god's will? Maybe not in a christian way but in a spiritual /science rationale, it is. It's part of a cycle.

Hum.......don't believe that we were born out of sin ( my parent were married in the eye of "god" and I was concieved out of love). I do, believe that we are born with a balance of good (live) and bad (evil, live spelled backwards).

It's what side we choose to nurture that determines who we are.
    Grow In Your Own Patch, Stay Put And Blossom.......Ntozake Shange

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ladies I love this discussion and the replies! If any of you have read the books by Octavia Butler, the great black woman sci fi writer, I think her idea of God as presented in particularly the Earthseed series is quite interesting. God is change is the shorthand for quite a few verses she puts out there, she never I think comes out and states that we are God, but implies it by implying we can control God. Interesting stuff.
    For at no time are any events predestined. There should be no such word in your vocabulary, for with every moment you change, and every heartbeat is an action, and every action changes every other action - Seth, channeled via Jane Roberts in the Early Sessions Book 5, page 49.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12