Thread: "I Am God"

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see the following thought process a lot on religion boards. "God is everywhere and in everything, including me, so therefore, I am God...or at least a god."

No offense, but that makes very little sense to me. Maybe it has to do with how I identify God. Those of you who have spiritual paths that makes you, in essence, a god or a potential god, could you please explain to me how that works? How do you define God, to begin with? And what process qualifies you to be god? Or is it even a matter of qualification to begin with?

Living abroad? Thinking of moving, or just moved back? Check out the Expat Nappies group!

Don't forget to THANK PANK!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ha! yes I believe that. I first heard that from Creflo Dollar one day looking at t.v. Then I let it marinate a lil and Let me explain.

When, God made man. He breathe his spirit in to him/her. Thus the essence of man's spirit comes from God. The body is from the earth but the soul, spirit, energy comes from God. Thus sons of God. Also, there is a scripture in the old testament that says that ye are gods.

Also, I must add that the word God is simply a title and not the name of God.

Anyway. I feel that the spirit of God, holy spirit lives in me and made me. I am god cause I am a child of God. I come from the source but I am not the source. nahmean? It's like your parents. you come from them but you are not them. they created you but you are not them. it is sort of along those lines.

eta that this comes from my christian perspective and experience
    Napptural since 01/01/2003. Locked twice. Currently loose napps.
    www.fotki.com/starrchild

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very aware the most Christians believe they are mortals. Immortality does not make sense to mortals. Some are aware that there are many realms outside of the matrix. Knowing how to exist and maintain in more than just one realm. I am God, because I am a creator. Everything I see in the physical is inside of me and has been created in other realms prior to the physical realm. Creator and Creation is the same thing. Everyone's true being is God; we just choose to manifest on the physical realm as human. In ATR, Khemetic ATR specifically, we have a pantheon of deities. Man in his physical body is also on this pantheon. All deities are one entity, One god. Whether you choose to reflect your energy as Ausar, Maat, or Geb(earth form) you are still GOD. You are literally God. Your person (vehicle for the energy you essentially are) is not who you are, its not even real.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by tjolims@Nov 12 2003, 04:13 PM
    I see the following thought process a lot on religion boards. "God is everywhere and in everything, including me, so therefore, I am God...or at least a god."
    My thought process is a little different, but I think the difference is significant: I don't think God is IN everything, I think God IS everything. So it would make sense that I am God in essence, but not in magnitude. I am part of everything, but I am not everything in totality.

Take the ocean for example. A drop of water taken out of the ocean is still water, but it is not the ocean itself.
    I'd straighten my hair, but that style doesn't really look good on me.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My interpretation of "god" is the universe. I believe in a spiritual science. Micro/Macro is what the ancient Khamitains meant by "as above, so below". My guess is that astronomy/cosmolgy etc was translated into folklore to teach man/woman about thy self. Our ability to descend in a moral sense and be resurrected (renewal). Metaphorically and literally.
    It's a little complexed but worth the understanding!

So my perception is that religious origin is based on the cycles of the universe.
    ( this is prob why most scientist usually didn't believe in religion but just recently admitted to being spiritual based on the study of conscious energy).

The way I see it, we are a physical manifestation of the universe. We are made up of everything found in the universe and here on earth.
    Galaxy=earth=body, (dark matter) which could be why the first people were dark in hue.
    wind=breath, ( don't know if there is air/oxygen in the universe as of yet)
    Sun=fire= blood,
    Water ( water has been discovered in the universe)= ocean=bodily fluids.
    Not to mention the nutrients and mineral needed to survive.
    We also have polarities (opposites), night/day, sleep/awake(concsious/unconscious), positive/negative which we are capable of experiencing all of these things at the same time.

Therefore, "god" is everything and everywhere all at the same time reguradless of realm, time/space or conscious level.

I am this thing called "god".

I know I probably didn't make any sense to ya'll but that the way I see it.
    Grow In Your Own Patch, Stay Put And Blossom.......Ntozake Shange

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by starchild@Nov 12 2003, 11:26 AM
    When, God made man. He breathe his spirit in to him/her. Thus the essence of man's spirit comes from God. The body is from the earth but the soul, spirit, energy comes from God. Thus sons of God. Also, there is a scripture in the old testament that says that ye are gods.

Also, I must add that the word God is simply a title and not the name of God.

Anyway. I feel that the spirit of God, holy spirit lives in me and made me. I am god cause I am a child of God. I come from the source but I am not the source. nahmean? It's like your parents. you come from them but you are not them. they created you but you are not them. it is sort of along those lines.

I believe we are all part of one whole. I don't know about the whole Creationism idea, but I see what you are saying starchild and I guess I have pretty much the same reasoning.

I am glad that you pointed out that scripture in old testament that stated "Do ye not know ye are God" because I asking some one about theat scripture before and they tried to convince me I was interpreting it wrong. But my interpretations is why keep looking outside of yourself for God, when God is in you. Many people have religious beliefs that lead them to believe God is external. I've found to be truth for myself that if I look inside myself the God I have been looking for is right there.

@LotsofLocs I agree, I don't believe in mortality, or that we only get one chance at life. The law of conservation states energy is neither created or destroyed, simply altered. I believe that what holds us to our physical body is our ego, our desire not to lose our sense of self.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that everything that exists is part of an infinite, all-consuming spark, including us. We can call it God if we like. With this in mind, I also have to bring attention to the law of opposites which is evident throughout nature. There can be no good without evil, just as darkness cannot exist w/o light, hot w/o cold, etc., etc. If the God of all Gods and Creator of all Creation does exist, then He would have to be all these things combined. God would be ALL there is and we are manifestations of that. Therefore, we are gods, in a sense...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my understanding we are all made in God's image. Thus we have God-like qualities. We posses the goodness of his nature which is, love, kindness, etc. Just like you might inherit some qualities from your parents, we inherit all good aspects of ourselves from God because he is our creator. Every positive characteristic that human beings posses is what God has but in greater magnitude. We have the potential to be good because we were created by goodness (God). The saying goes "ye are gods" not "ye are God". God isn't capitalized in this phrase so it's not saying we are Jehovah, it's just saying that we basically have God's knowledge but to a lesser extent. Human beings are all sons/daughters of God but the bible says that we all became gods when Adam and Eve ate of the Tree of Knowledge: “For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes will be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.” Remember before Adam and Eve ate the apple they were innocent and only knew good. They couldn't even percieve evil, thus they were not gods, although they had free will. So knowing what good and evil is what being a god is all about. Now you can be a good god if you choose good. And you can be a bad god if you choose evil. All the angels in heaven are gods. In fact Satan is a god, but he's a bad god.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh pooh!!!

Everyone already said what I was gonna say. I'd just be redundant. But what is your definition of God? And from there compare us to those ideals that create a God as in it's power.

God gives life--- We do also.

God takes life--- we do it on a daily basis

God can heal the sick--- last I heard people live over 100 now a days and we've found cures for once fatal diseases.

God is all loving---that we are...

God is non-vengeful--- this is an idea to some and the bible doesn't seem to show it...i.e. Sodom and Gomorrah

God is all----And we live in this all making us part of this all and hence we are all as well.

But the ladies stated above. And what I defined as God, is what I have recieved from other's perceptions that relate to us.

And I love that quote from the bible because that's what I use to prove my point. If God is real and we are made in the likeness of God then we are a God and hence share the powers and gifts of God. Which brings me to Jesus. But that's a whole other topic.

Arthur + Guinevere = Eternity of Love

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^I agree with everything except one thing you said, "God takes life". God does not take life. He can if he wants to because he can do anything, but death is not of God, it is of the devil. God IS life! Sin equals death! We cause death upon ourselves because we are born into a world of sin, and that is not something that God chose for us, his plan for us is to live in spiritual harmony with him forever and have total dominion over the Earth, but when Adam and Eve sinned they not only cursed theirselves to death but also their offspring (all of mankind). Because we are sinful human beings, death is something that can't be avoided. It's like when we sin, we will automatically die because in a way God has no control over the matter, because sin is like the complete opposite of who He is. Just like life is the complete opposite of death, God(who is life) is the complete opposite of sin(which is death). If we were all saints and perfect we wouldn't die. But since we're not we have to die, however God has made a way for us to not be eternally dead, but have eternal life. Death is God's enemy. He doesn't go around creating diseases and appointing certain times for people to die. I don't know if I explained it clearly but people tend to always think that God's will is for us to die someday at a certain time, when the bible shows that it isn't so! In the bible it says that Death will be the last Enemy that God will destroy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast