Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone had success with any of the at home teeth whitening kits. I don't want to waste money on something that isn't going to work.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am on day 5 of the Crest Whitestrips Premium set ($35 @ Walmart), and I love the results they are giving me! I'm only half way through, and my teeth are already much whiter. I can't wait to see how white they will get in the end!

I know that different factors affect the results. I'm 30, and my teeth were just beginning to turn more brown than I liked. I thought about getting a cosmetic whitening, but I decided to hold off on that until I reach my goal weight. It will be a prize for me. But I had to do something in the meantime. Well I'm glad I decided to go with the Whitestrips.
    BC March 31, 2003
    [url="http://www.slide.com/s/5vQrHwOq2D9B6ybQcCGz40IQosuR3xOl?referrer=hlnk"][img]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/4/S/5000000092c2615/1/92/NPvG7Oqu3T_OkPg18WIb3oroyiQX2_8g.jpg[/img][/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question: what about your back teeth?

i see on all these commercials that people areonly putting the strips and molds over their front teeth. so basically only the teeth that are shown when you smile are being whitened. is this correct? are do they give you some strips for your back teeth? doesn't it seem odd to have crispy white teeth in the front and your back teeth are dingy in color?

so for those of you trying this method of strips or at home kits, how does that work out?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colgate has a whitening gel product with a brush (Colgate Simply White-Night), so you can put it on as many teeth as you like. Thats what I'm using now. I've used for a week and I've seen pretty decent results.

I've heard that the strips work better though. I just don't want to fork out the 30 or someting dollars. But I'll sacrifice to get closer to those pearly whites .

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried the whitening gel first, about 8+ months ago. It worked okay. I love the results I am getting with the strips. Colgate has kits as low as $19.00 at Walmart. I just chose the Premium because it is supposed to have longer lasting, and quicker results. It was money well spent!

Next year I plan to have my dentist do them. I'm going to talk to him about it tomorrow at my 6 month cleaning.

As far a whitening just the front, it doesn't bother me. When I smile or laugh ointlaugh: those are the teeth everyone sees. I'm not opening my mouth wide enough for someone to detect a difference in the color of my teeth. If they do see it, then they need to back up anyway! My teeth and gums are very healthy, it's a cosmetic thing to whiten them for a brighter smile.
    BC March 31, 2003
    [url="http://www.slide.com/s/5vQrHwOq2D9B6ybQcCGz40IQosuR3xOl?referrer=hlnk"][img]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/4/S/5000000092c2615/1/92/NPvG7Oqu3T_OkPg18WIb3oroyiQX2_8g.jpg[/img][/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ they need to backup.

ok thats cool. i just wanted to know if it was going to be a noticeable difference.

micahlee is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried the Crest strips about a year ago and they were ok, the thin strips kept sliding off my teeth. I recently tried the Walgreen’s version which was on sale and I LOVE it. The strip is actually made out of plastic and I can see a difference and have received many compliments within the last month.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My grandmother decided one day that she wanted to try these whitening strips that even her dentist that did her and my dad's braces said would work. I guess she wanted somebody to do with her and it turned out to be me. I was game but I don't think I had too much faith in the Crest strips we decided to go with but we got them. I think by the second day, there was already a difference in both of our teeth. It really worked...I mean its been since the beginning of the summer and my teeth are still white. I think they worked better on me than my grandmother...I'm only seventeen...but it did work.

vixxen13 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by gigglezk@Aug 21 2005, 08:19 AM
    question: what about your back teeth?

i see on all these commercials that people areonly putting the strips and molds over their front teeth. so basically only the teeth that are shown when you smile are being whitened. is this correct? are do they give you some strips for your back teeth? doesn't it seem odd to have crispy white teeth in the front and your back teeth are dingy in color?

so for those of you trying this method of strips or at home kits, how does that work out?
    [snapback]968610[/snapback]
    Thats how I feel too. My sister used four strips at once instead of two. Two strips on the top row of teeth and two on the bottom. That way she gets all the teeth. It costs more but it gets it done. I can't have only whitened front teeth. Its all or none for me.
    Warmaking doesn't stop warmaking. If it did, our problems would have stopped millennia ago. - Colman McCarthy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i use plain old hydrogen peroxide after i brush then follow with mouth wash a friend used it and told me its the same thing thats in those kits but the kits use a very low percentage... after doing this for two weeks so many people complimented me on my whiter teeth which was a blessing cause i smoke and drink coffee and tea my mouth also feels and smells fresher with this and i know i'm killing bacteria not sure if this is good for long term use though but so far so good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast