Thread: Kola Boof

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Thank you for sharing. I had never heard of her, but I enjoyed her website so I just ordered two of her books from Amazon. Nile River Woman and Long Train to the Redeeming Sin. I can't wait to receive them.

accborn is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for posting the interview!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely empathize with Kola and as a Black woman myself I understand her sorrow and rage. However I believe that White women are on a pedestal because their men, White men put them there. She's angry because throughout history most White women supported their men in the murder, rape, and degradation of our people. Today they still support them by pretending that the playing field is "equal" and we need to "pull" ourselves up by our bootstraps:rolleyes: (I absolutely HATE that saying)!

However, I do not believe people have to be a slave to what society says that they are.

I mean I live in a society that encourages my own son to be prejudiced against me--to covet whiteness to bring him comfort.
    It's hard to fight against a society since its very inception has portrayed us to be less than human. But to solely place the blame on society for some Black men's warped perception of Black women--women who nursed them from their breast, loved and respected them through slavery, got beaten, raped, or lynched fighting for their rights in the civil rights, and who mostly as a whole stick to them as their desired partners and marriage mates is just sickening on the part of these so called "Black men" to turn to the very society that still degrades them today for comfort and so called "normalcy". I WILL not let them off the hook morally and blame society solely for this disgusting atrocity.

White women are not slaves to White supremacy either. They feel comfortable with it because it's not their dignity, economics, or children's future on the cutting block.

I believe that most people in this world, Black, White, or whatever are extremely selfish and only care about ultimately about themselves.

:smil3f9cf95099cff: I went to Kola Boof's website and she is absolutely gorgeous! Her breasts are magnificent!
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/natural-forever/"]My Hair Album[/url]
    album password: NappturalRules (works for all albums)

[SIZE=2][b]Nappy Black women avatars and sigs:[/b] [/SIZE] [url="http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=103699"]Nappy Avatars And Signatures[/url]

mstnt is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Black men are as dissapointing as GOD", Why has that same thought been on my mind all week. :icon_headshake:

She is a very strong passionate woman, I can't believe she knew Bin Laden (Callin somebody else as infidel when he was slithering around).

What she said about Farrakhan shocked me to a point, I need to get her books.
    Brutally Honest

mahsoul1 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by sacral+Aug 20 2005, 05:52 PM-->
    Kola Boof :wub:

I love her!

ETA: I just read through her site. I am now officially and TOTALLY in love with this woman.........I didn't know Sistas like her existed. She is the TRUTH.

- Sacral
    [snapback]968106[/snapback]
    [/b]
    ME TOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Im young, only 22 and I sometimes think I am crazy for having the thoghts that I have and so it is so refreshing and enlightening to hear someone else put these thoughts together so eloquently.... I must read everything she has ever written :wub:

<!--QuoteBegin-Trula
    @Aug 20 2005, 06:01 PM
    Kola is a dear friend of mine and a very sweet, honest and fierce woman. I did an interview with her around 2 years ago and was knocked out and amazed by her. She is a wonderful mother and deeply, deeply cares for all her peeps in the diaspora. We don&#39;t see eye to eye on some issues, but she cared enough about my feelings to clarify what she means. If you haven&#39;t already check out her books!!! Support this sister!

[snapback]968114[/snapback]
    This is so awesome. I love this dang site....Ive never heard of her before now.
    "I am what time, circumstance, history, have made of me, certainly, but I am also, much more than that. So are we all"
    ~James A. Baldwin

sonce Guest

Originally posted by natural-forever@Aug 20 2005, 09:48 PM
    I definitely empathize with Kola and as a Black woman myself I understand her sorrow and rage. However I believe that White women are on a pedestal because their men, White men put them there. She&#39;s angry because throughout history most White women supported their men in the murder, rape, and degradation of our people. Today they still support them by pretending that the playing field is "equal" and we need to "pull" ourselves up by our bootstraps:rolleyes:Â (I absolutely HATE that saying)!

However, I do not believe people have to be a slave to what society says that they are.

I mean I live in a society that encourages my own son to be prejudiced against me--to covet whiteness to bring him comfort.
    It&#39;s hard to fight against a society since its very inception has portrayed us to be less than human. But to solely place the blame on society for some Black men&#39;s warped perception of Black women--women who nursed them from their breast, loved and respected them through slavery, got beaten, raped, or lynched fighting for their rights in the civil rights, and who mostly as a whole stick to them as their desired partners and marriage mates is just sickening on the part of these so called "Black men" to turn to the very society that still degrades them today for comfort and so called "normalcy". I WILL not let them off the hook morally and blame society solely for this disgusting atrocity.

White women are not slaves to White supremacy either. They feel comfortable with it because it&#39;s not their dignity, economics, or children&#39;s future on the cutting block.

I believe that most people in this world, Black, White, or whatever are extremely selfish and only care about ultimately about themselves.
    :smil3f72836ee752e: Amen, especially to the part in large font and Wow!

:smil3f9cf95099cff: I went to Kola Boof&#39;s website and she is absolutely gorgeous! Her breasts are magnificent!
    [snapback]968212[/snapback]
    Yes indeed they are. Yet another incentive to buy her books :P

Laluna is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i&#39;m glad y&#39;all are feeling that interview. this sister is impressive..and while i&#39;ve learned to take her perspectives with a grain of salt (i have most of her works) i admire her heart, her wisdom, and her great intellect.

wow @ Trula knowing KB. why dontcha guide her over NPs way! i don&#39;t believe there is a more eclectic mix of black women converging in one arena anywhere in the world!! i think she&#39;d appreciate NP. how could she not?? :blush:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scathing! :shocker: I love it!

Then they wonder why Black women, who are not only made invisible in this culture, but are betrayed by the very Black men they&#39;ve protected and stood up for all these centuries--are so angry. Black women are angry because they have every right to be angry. And what goes around...will come around.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

50 min interview with Kola

i&#39;m ordering all her books from amazon as we speak :wub:
    185/140!!!/150
    new goal weight: 135

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Laluna@Aug 20 2005, 11:30 PM
    i&#39;m glad y&#39;all are feeling that interview. this sister is impressive..and while i&#39;ve learned to take her perspectives with a grain of salt (i have most of her works) i admire her heart, her wisdom, and her great intellect.

wow @ Trula knowing KB. why dontcha guide her over NPs way! i don&#39;t believe there is a more eclectic mix of black women converging in one arena anywhere in the world!! i think she&#39;d appreciate NP. how could she not?? :blush:
    [snapback]968316[/snapback]
    ITA.

Girrrrrrlllllll!!!!!!!

I was gonna post exactly what you said. I had to leave the IT for other obligations.....But I did listen to her 50-minute interview on the web. Very few things that I disagree with (although there are some points). The majority of what she said I definitely agree with.

I love intelligent fearless Sistas. She&#39;s rare because....It&#39;s rare in gerneral when African children are adopted by Black American parents. In her interview on her website, she&#39;s thankful and gives praise to the fact that she was adopted by Black Americans instead of White ones.

Attending an HBCU and being a Black Psych. Major.......I know what she&#39;s talking about. Adoption of Black American children by White parents/people was a very heated discussion in one of my classes, for the entire semester.

Kola Boof needs to be a part of the NP family, if she&#39;s not already Being a mere lurker is fine by me!

:afro:

- Sacral
    Sacral

I&#39;m an Orange Moon......Child of the Moon and Sun

I found God within myself, and I love Her. I love Her" - Ntozake Shange (variation of original quote)

"I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves." - Harriet Tubman

Om Namah Shivaya

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast