User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Chlyric Images Guest

Okay so I get a call from someone at work, it's a fairly new job, and the conversation goes like this.

Me *Hello IT*

B*Yes I push the on button and my computer doesn't turn on*

Me*Okay so do you have a lap top or desktop?*

B *Just send one of the BOYS over here to help me*

Me *Well actually I'LL go over there myself*

B *Well I don't know u, and I usually have the guys come over cause I know them*

Me*Well I'm Tamara, and we will get to know each other, I'll be right over*

Now, I know from my voice she probably thought I was one of thes frail blond white chicks people push around and dictate to. So I tell the guys I work with who I'm going to go see and they are like *OOooh she's such a b*tch and OOoh she's horrible! She's difficult!* So I'm like but please, u think I'm going to let someone talk to me crazy? They all say *yeah that's true*.

So I get to her desk, my big thick self with an extra fluffy/nappy afro and I immediately say in a loud voice.

*Hello Ms Lady lemme take a look at this computer.* In a smooth confident southern drawl.

She's like *Ohhhh it was YOU on the phone*. Whole attitude changes. She's like hmm, lemme relax myself, cause I can't push this one around. And the way I said it, was like I do this in my sleep. I wasn't mousey and scary, I was strong and confident!

Now I know folk are like *Black women have attitude they are loud yahda yahda*. But I think it's b*tchin that we are known for not allowing others to walk all over us. I love how people who are ornery in general will decide not to pick a battle with me just cause they know I don't take no sh*t.

I walked back in the office smiling like *She was great, she wasn't that bad*.

I see these little frail soft spoken white chicks get pushed around and talked down to all day. I'm glad that folks take a different approach to me because they no Mama aint gonna let it pass. ^_^

Any other black advantages you know of that make you smile?

morena23 Guest

Natural Rhythm - the dances people have to go to a class for naturally come to us (a great deal of the time)

Chlyric Images Guest

Originally posted by morena23@Aug 22 2005, 10:32 AM
    Natural Rhythm - the dances people have to go to a class for naturally come to us (a great deal of the time)
    [snapback]969747[/snapback]
    OKAY that is top of the list. I love how I can twirl and pop and slide and contract, and white folk be like I got to think long and hard and stretch first before I can even accomplish that.

I also like the fact that our hair is usually very thick. People always ask *how do you get it so thick? And me and the sistas in the room just batt our eyes like *I just woke up and coughed and suddenly I had this luscious cloud of thickness* :wub:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

y'all are silly!!! ointlaugh:

being able to ask anyone for directions no matter where you are(almost). i've noticed that white people get scared as hell when they find themselves lost in a "bad" neighborhood. me, i just get out and ask Pookie on the corner - 9 times outta 10 he's more than happy to help me out. :lol:
    Where to find LL:

http://public.fotki.com/ladylibra1982/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ladylibra1982
    http://ll82sblog.blogspot.com/

sweetwhisper Guest

Originally posted by morena23@Aug 22 2005, 06:32 PM
    *Cries* I can't dance....its so much worse when your black- i just sit myself down when i go out. :blush: :boohoo:

Oh people automatically asume that i'm *hip*, *with it*, *trendy*- *cool*- insert word, just because i'm black.

morena23 Guest

Black people (especially women) can usually cook very well.

morena23 Guest

I think we are more caring than other races. Everyone on here knows at least on lady in the neighborhood who used to take care of everybody's kids, whether it was for food, clothes, love, guidance - someone that everyone and they mama (pun intended) called "mama"

Chlyric Images Guest

Originally posted by sweetwhisper+Aug 22 2005, 12:01 PM-->
    <!--QuoteBegin-morena23
    @Aug 22 2005, 06:32 PM
    *Cries* I can&#39;t dance....its so much worse when your black- i just sit myself down when i go out. :blush: :boohoo:

Oh people automatically asume that i&#39;m *hip*, *with it*, *trendy*- *cool*- insert word, just because i&#39;m black.
    [snapback]969831[/snapback]
    [/b]
    Well *pats head and gives hugs* We are cool and with it. U just speshal in your own special way :wub:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just talking to a friend about this, and i believe it is true. Anytime you have a group of Black folks, anywhere, you can bet a good number of them can dance and or sing their a** off.

And when I walk fast down the street without smiling, sometimes white men look timid around me, which is cool, so they don&#39;t start thinking they can mess with me.

And I really do feel that we(Black people in general and Black women in particular) have a deep spirtual connection with our ancestors and with God..He made us first, didn&#39;t He?

And we are the alpha and the omega when it comes to being cool......

KamikaK Guest

We have the best skin that hardly ages.

We have so many beautiful shades of complexion. We always have the best tan.

We are usually the most statuesque people in the room regardless of our height.

We had big booties, breast, and lips before everyone started to get surgery to get them.

Unless in certain parts of the world, our curly, kinky, nappy hair keeps us from getting lice!

Thank God for being black!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast