User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    miumiu Guest

<_< I feel like a real dumb*** for coming out about this. In May of this year I got my hair straightened to be trimmed...by a man that was not my usual hairdresser. It turns out that he was giving a girl a chemical fire cream at the same time. My current hairdresser believes that he must&#39;ve used the same comb on me after because hair on the sides of my head was permanently straight. I just don&#39;t know what to do...is it normal for my hair to still be tangling and snapping...I really thought I cut all of this mess off...Should I still try to write a letter to the salon. I called and called and they continue to ignore me...the owner&#39;s boyfriend is the one who prevents my complaints from getting to the owner. In short I paid alot for my hair to get jacked up. All I want is my money back at this point...I&#39;m in school now already stressed out and a clump has snapped off from just me running my fingers through my hair. Can someone please help me write a complaint?! Has this happened to any of you??? What&#39;d you do? How long did it take for your hair to recover Thanks in advance...and to all of you who straighten their hair to get it trimmed be warned...and just never ever ever go to this certain salon in BOSTON. I will tell you where and it&#39;s name if you PM me.

~miumiu

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if your stylist mixed up the combs or not but many people have complained about thier hair being permenately straigh.t and not kinking or curling back up after they get it straightened. Using heat can be damaging. There is a sticky thread on this at the top of the natural hair forum. If you want to get your ends cliped next time you should try twisting your hair and then clipping the ends. That is the most popular method around here. Sorry about your hair and good luck with your letter.

miumiu Guest

Hey superstar,
    I&#39;m really upset because I have done all of that...it&#39;s like my hair isn&#39;t growing or the whole follicle is affected or something...my hair stretches and snaps...it&#39;s creepy...it looks like chemical fire cream damage. I still have the hair and pictures of my damaged hair after. Does anyone know how to write these types of letters or if it&#39;s still possible to do so. (it&#39;s been 4 mo.) thanks again!

~miumiu

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have straight pieces of hair on my head. The left side doesn&#39;t get nearly as curly as the right. I don&#39;t use the flat flaming hot tool of hair torture often but there have been times back in the day when I would use it at least 2 times a week. Now i rarely use it.
    What good do your words do, if they can&#39;t understand you? (Badu)

God is good all the time.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey miumiu, I am sorry to hear that-don&#39;t feel ashamed to come on the board w/this-I did this all the time during the past year. I stopped going in June cause I didn&#39;t think it was worth it. (Heat damage just for trims-never again) Anyways- I know you are at school, but try again to contact the owner directly, or if you get a chance during a fall break or something-go up there maybe you can talk to her directly- don&#39;t take no for an answer or anyone else in your way. If none of these things work I would say by the end of the week, contact the Better Business Bureau online and that could be a start- they will send a letter to the owner (make sure u have the owner&#39;s name and all that info). As for the straight pieces- for me I just eventually cut them off-I got sick of seeing them-I was able to manage cause the rest of my hair sort of hid it. You may want gradually snip of the straight piece as it grows out over the year-try to braid it up in the meanwhile so it can look more texturized- I am so sorry that this has happened to you. That is one of the reasons, I just decided-no more hairstylists (i&#39;m broke too) Ain&#39;t worth it (plus I wanna grow my hair out)- Good luck w/that-and don&#39;t give up but don&#39;t let it get the best of u. And remeber if none of the suggestions I give u works- at least u tried- also-word of mouth can be VERY influential

PenCurls is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don&#39;t think it&#39;s too late to write a letter (although it&#39;s always best, in these situations, to do it right away--as soon as they ignored your phone calls, for instance). You need to be able to provide specific dates, but at this point, the hairdresser could easily say he didn&#39;t use the same comb on you or that he doesn&#39;t remember. Contacting the BBB like abbinigel suggested is a good idea. Getting your money back after all this time may be difficult.

Are you still holding on to that damaged hair? If so, you might need to do a chop...I know you probably don&#39;t want to, but better to just start anew & chalk this one up to a lesson learned. Like superstar said, you don&#39;t need your hair straightened to trim it; I do just what she suggested--twist sections of it & trim the ends. Since I don&#39;t wear my hair straight, keeping it all one uniform length isn&#39;t important.

babygirlwoman Guest

i can only suggest with the letter that you clearly and directly state ur problem, how u would like it to be handled, when u will be following up should u not hear from them, and include all ur contact info. you may want to mail one and bring one directly to the salon and put in the hands of the owner.

i write complaint letters and have found the best results come when i just state the facts and what i want instead of say how upset i am and blablabla.

Good luck and I&#39;m really sorry about how they screwed up.

sonce Guest

Originally posted by miumiu@Sep 14 2005, 12:07 AM
    <_< I feel like a real dumb*** for coming out about this. In May of this year I got my hair straightened to be trimmed...by a man that was not my usual hairdresser. It turns out that he was giving a girl a chemical fire cream at the same time. My current hairdresser believes that he must&#39;ve used the same comb on me after because hair on the sides of my head was permanently straight. I just don&#39;t know what to do...is it normal for my hair to still be tangling and snapping...I really thought I cut all of this mess off...Should I still try to write a letter to the salon. I called and called and they continue to ignore me...the owner&#39;s boyfriend is the one who prevents my complaints from getting to the owner. In short I paid alot for my hair to get jacked up. All I want is my money back at this point...I&#39;m in school now already stressed out and a clump has snapped off from just me running my fingers through my hair. Can someone please help me write a complaint?! Has this happened to any of you??? What&#39;d you do? How long did it take for your hair to recover Thanks in advance...and to all of you who straighten their hair to get it trimmed be warned...and just never ever ever go to this certain salon in BOSTON. I will tell you where and it&#39;s name if you PM me.

~miumiu
    [snapback]997350[/snapback]
    Sorry about your experience You might want to consider getting a close crop because damaged hair doesn&#39;t just miraculously heal itself because time passed. You can either wait for it to snap off and deal with the raggedy ends, uneven hair, and unattractive appearance...or do it yourself with style.

momi is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so sorry that happened to you. Shame on them for avoiding your calls and not trying to assist you.

May I ask? What you hope to accomplish with this letter?
    Last chemical fire cream: 2/24/05
    BC 8/19/05

A Few Photos

BreezySeas Guest

Ladies I have learned one thing keep heat off of natural hair. I would be so upset it this happened. I say chop it will grow back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast