Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello All,

Can you please let me know if shea or shealoe butter spoils. If it doesn't how do you store, say 2 or more pounds of it. Do you rub it on all your hair or just the ends? What about the length of your hair, doesn't it need to be moisterized too? Do you use soemthing else on the length instead?

I think that's all I have for now. TIA!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the shelf life is a year for shea butter. I store my stuff in the freezer and melt it when I want to use it. I only put it in my hair after I wash and it's damp. I just rub my palms together and apply it to my hair in sections; making sure I REALLY get my ends. HTH.
    www.youtube.com/napngo
    www.myspace.com/chi_style

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by NaTural_High@Sep 14 2005, 09:08 PM
    I think the shelf life is a year for shea butter. I store my stuff in the freezer and melt it when I want to use it. I only put it in my hair after I wash and it's damp. I just rub my palms together and apply it to my hair in sections; making sure I REALLY get my ends. HTH.
    [snapback]998666[/snapback]

Wow!! Thanks for responding so quickly. I'll put mines in the freezer then.

How do you melt yours?

Reviews
    Read 4 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by tcb1216@Sep 14 2005, 09:06 PM
    Hello All,

Can you please let me know if shea or shealoe butter spoils.

Ajargon
    -not that I am aware of
    If it doesn't how do you store, say 2 or more pounds of it.

Ajargon
    - I had a 2lb tub that I got. I just kept it in the cabinet,w/ a little saran wrap over the opening then slapped on the cover

Do you rub it on all your hair or just the ends?

Ajargon:
    -Both. I put a little on the scalp, then I move that through the hair, and put a touch on the ends.

What about the length of your hair, doesn't it need to be moisterized too?

Ajargon:
    -I think so. Again I run it down the shaft of my hair when the hair is damp to "seal" in the moisture from the water.

Do you use soemthing else on the length instead?

Ajargon:
    -Nope. I make butters from the shea. It's a bit lighter for the warmer months. I do make a butter for the winter too that's a bit heavier, but my hair and scalp both get some shea.

[snapback]998663[/snapback]
    good luck to you
    With Christ,obediance(please help me Holy Spirit),persistance,patience and His grace, all things are possible!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a bunch Ajargon!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry I had something else to add, put it was too late. I had already hit the add reply button.

Just a little confused though. One person puts in the freezer for storage and the other just puts in it in the cabinet,w/ a little saran wrap over the opening then slapped on the cover.

I guess this means it can be stored either way with know problems right? One more ? where did you purcahse yours from?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by tcb1216@Sep 14 2005, 10:06 PM
    Hello All,

Can you please let me know if shea or shealoe butter spoils. If it doesn't how do you store, say 2 or more pounds of it. Do you rub it on all your hair or just the ends? What about the length of your hair, doesn't it need to be moisterized too? Do you use soemthing else on the length instead?

[snapback]998663[/snapback]
    I have plain shea butter, and it never expires you just have to store it in a cool place
    Proverbs 15:24 (King James Version)
    King James Version (KJV)

[SIZE=2]The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.[/SIZE]

[url="http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10724;133/st/20061201/e/House/k/3bbb/event.png"]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;1.../3bbb/event.png[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/quote]
    I have plain shea butter, and it never expires you just have to store it in a cool place
    [snapback]998720[/snapback]
    [/quote]

Thank you much NaturallyC

sonce Guest

I've had my shea butter for almost two years now (I purchased it early January 2004). It's unrefined and completely raw, so maybe this might not apply to the processed types. But anyway, I've never stored it in the fridge or taken any steps to preserve it yet it's never spoiled or changed texture, odor, or color (and it was 8lbs when I first got it).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had my 1 lb unrefined shea butter since April. I also don't do any special storing or anything. It hasn't spoiled- and I don't think it's going to spoil anytime soon. I bought mine from Nasabb (great vendor) and I remeber reading some info on their site that states that the butter doesn't spoil or something to that effect- it remains good to use but after like 2 years it loses some of it's healing proerties, but it is still good butter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast