Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Melanizm, i know i said i'd be doing this soon on Fotki - one album of my "glam" hairstyles and one of my everyday wash & go hairstyles. sorry to say my cheap digital camera isn't working. :blush: but i promise to get them up ASAP. i think it's a wonderful idea to see nappy hair just being... well, nappy. sometimes that in itself is a style.
    Where to find LL:

http://public.fotki.com/ladylibra1982/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ladylibra1982
    http://ll82sblog.blogspot.com/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by nakisha@Sep 16 2005, 08:09 PM
    (jumping up and down and wishing i was at home to add my pic)

by the way, how do you add the pic in the post? oh, is it the IMG thing over the post?

ETA: great idea mel. i have been feeling down b/c i'm not too creative to do a lot of styles, so i would love to see some unmanipulated hair up in this piece!!!
    [snapback]1000792[/snapback]

yep, you use the img function but you have to upload your picture to the internet first. so if you have a fotki album or some kind of picture imaging site you can upload it there and then insert the address with the IMG function.

hope that helps anyone who is wondering how to post pics
    We have all established that our hair is different....At the end of the day we pride ourselves as being NAPPY! [b]Let this quest for right and wrong go[/b] - RoseBurnt

[url="http://public.fotki.com/melanizm13"]UPDATES[/url]...12/08

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks knappilyme, dewdrop, & nova!

^_^ keep em coming ladies
    We have all established that our hair is different....At the end of the day we pride ourselves as being NAPPY! [b]Let this quest for right and wrong go[/b] - RoseBurnt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by napturallyme@Sep 16 2005, 09:36 PM
    ETA: I have a question by what is meant by unmanipulated. Is putting product in your hair consider manipulation? I'm wondering because other than putting product in my hair (no curl defining product btw) I don't do anything to my hair. I've never picked it out before or combed it after wetting it. So, I'm wondering if my putting product in it is considered manipulation?
    [snapback]1000889[/snapback]
    unmanipulated in this case means not stretched out...just letting it air dry naturally straight from being washed. because i know usually after i wash, i put my hair in some kind of style to stretch it out so i can style it once it's dry. rarely do i let my hair dry it's natural state and that's something i am aiming to change about myself.

but to answer your question, putting product isn't manipulation to me. but i just want to see pics of hair w/o product so that's why i made that a requirement...that's all.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:dunno: I will try to get a camera and post some shots. My hair is really dry so I usually moisturize like when it's semi dry. I will try to let it dry and then wash it again afterwards. My hair gets really tangled if I don't comb it out so I will see.
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance!

If you educate a girl you educate a generation. Mary Mcleod Bethune

"Imagine going to work and not being able to do your job. Now imagine that you can't leave your job.Imagine having to do that everyday.This is what life is like for children with learning disabilities."

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Melanizm+Sep 16 2005, 05:06 PM-->
    <!--QuoteBegin-napturallyme
    @Sep 16 2005, 09:36 PM
    ETA: I have a question by what is meant by unmanipulated. Is putting product in your hair consider manipulation? I&#39;m wondering because other than putting product in my hair (no curl defining product btw) I don&#39;t do anything to my hair. I&#39;ve never picked it out before or combed it after wetting it. So, I&#39;m wondering if my putting product in it is considered manipulation?
    unmanipulated in this case means not stretched out...just letting it air dry naturally straight from being washed. because i know usually after i wash, i put my hair in some kind of style to stretch it out so i can style it once it&#39;s dry. rarely do i let my hair dry it&#39;s natural state and that&#39;s something i am aiming to change about myself.

but to answer your question, putting product isn&#39;t manipulation to me. but i just want to see pics of hair w/o product so that&#39;s why i made that a requirement...that&#39;s all.
    [snapback]1000898[/snapback]
    [/b]
    ok, I see. I typically do the same thing you do after I wash my hair since I do protective styling mainly and I it&#39;s usually the evening when I shampoo. But, one day I will try what you are asking for.

Last r.elaxer: Feb. 2001
    Big Chop: March 15, 2002

Napptural for life!

Hair Album-Last Updated June 28, 2008

2curly Guest

Originally posted by Melanizm+Sep 16 2005, 10:06 PM-->
    <!--QuoteBegin-napturallyme
    @Sep 16 2005, 09:36 PM
    ETA: I have a question by what is meant by unmanipulated. Is putting product in your hair consider manipulation? I&#39;m wondering because other than putting product in my hair (no curl defining product btw) I don&#39;t do anything to my hair. I&#39;ve never picked it out before or combed it after wetting it. So, I&#39;m wondering if my putting product in it is considered manipulation?
    unmanipulated in this case means not stretched out...just letting it air dry naturally straight from being washed. because i know usually after i wash, i put my hair in some kind of style to stretch it out so i can style it once it&#39;s dry. rarely do i let my hair dry it&#39;s natural state and that&#39;s something i am aiming to change about myself.

but to answer your question, putting product isn&#39;t manipulation to me. but i just want to see pics of hair w/o product so that&#39;s why i made that a requirement...that&#39;s all.
    [snapback]1000898[/snapback]
    [/b]
    Now you get me all confused! kinda....... When I wash and condition my hair and apply product I let my hair dry naturally as is. I thought thats what everybody else was doing :dunno: After a couple of days my hair will gradually shrink.
    I guess I&#39;ll wait for it to shrink then take a pic.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by 2curly
    Now you get me all confused! kinda....... When I wash and condition my hair and apply product I let my hair dry naturally as is. I thought thats what everybody else was doing :dunno: After a couple of days my hair will gradually shrink.
    I guess I&#39;ll wait for it to shrink then take a pic.
    Okay all I&#39;m saying is wash your hair, condition it, and let it dry without using products before it dries and snap a picture. So it&#39;s basically exacly what you&#39;re doing now minus the product you use before you let your hair dry. See? After you take the pic feel free to put whatever you want on your hair...

The reason I&#39;m saying no product is because products can change how the texture of your hair looks and I just want to see everyone&#39;s hair with no product because that&#39;s something I rarely see. I don&#39;t know what everyone is doing and I&#39;m not saying what anyone currently does is wrong or right. I&#39;m not saying anyone should change their routine. I just wan to see product-free, unstretched, clean natural hair.

Hope that clears it up...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhh...im back...and i dont know which pics are no product lol

i might try to snap some pics with my camera phone tonite...if not, i&#39;ll just sit back and look at all the lovely hair in this post :wub:

nakisha is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i&#39;m so mad that i am at work. i can&#39;t wait to get home and participate. (yes, i&#39;m pitiful)

lol :wub:
    NappyBubbles

August 04: Went Nappy
    July 05: BC&#39;d
    March 07: started locs with braids. it&#39;s on now...

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast