User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    morena23 Guest

I always thought your hair looked great!!

I have a friend who had super dry hair who swears by a olive oil, mayo and egg conditioner - her hair has since been very soft...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it could be the gel that is drying up your hair also - and before i deep condition, i always clarify my hair with a ACV rinse or a baking soda rinse - then deep condition so that the conditioner can really do its job...also, i notice that the more water i drink - the better my hair likes it...

also- your styling methods could be a culprit and its always good to just give your hair a break from constant styling.

but i think your hair looks good - and i wish you all the luck in the world and i hope you find your magic product...

Nappy 4 Life!

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice #1: Step away from the 2 in 1 shampoo. Those types of products are not good for our hair.

Advice #2: Don't use anything with petroleum based ingredients, including mineral oil

Advice #3: Don't use any product containing sulfates (for the time being at least).

I think the other advice you have been given so far from other members is on point

~Dee~
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have heard that we should not use 2 N 1 shampoos. Can you explain why? I tried using different shampoos but my Cream Of Nature conditioning shampoo always woos me back. Is it bad for my hair?? :dunno:

Nyla

Originally posted by deecoily@Oct 23 2005, 12:17 AM
    Advice #1: Step away from the 2 in 1 shampoo. Those types of products are not good for our hair.

Advice #2: Don't use anything with petroleum based ingredients, including mineral oil

Advice #3: Don't use any product containing sulfates (for the time being at least).

I think the other advice you have been given so far from other members is on point

~Dee~
    [snapback]1046312[/snapback]

_Empress_ Guest

WOW I can't belive this post is still here. You ladies are soooo supportive. I luv being a part of NP :wub:

So these days I've been doing quite well. I have taken your advice...no shampoo...and I'm still using all natural products. I've been intot he homemade section and found some great ideas for hair butters and spritzs....No scalp problems or dryness since I switched over tot he homemad side of things...Lookin good

Thanks so much :wub: Really appreciate it !!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantasia IC Gel w/ Sparklites
    Can cause dry hair and scalp. Don't use it every day, or try to mix it a bit with oil.
    Last P.erm: Jan 30th, 2005
    Start transition: Apr 1st, 2005 (with braids extensions)
    Big Chopped: July 17th, 2005
    And has been a Happy Nappy eversince!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently discovered your album and definitely thought it was one of the best I've ever seen on fotki! Your styles made me wanna get up and try to get out this ponytail I've been in forever and some days! I wish I had more time to dedicate to my hair.

“The adventure of life is to learn. The goal of life is to grow. The nature of life is to change. The challenge of life is to overcome. The essence of life is to care. The secret of life is to dare. The beauty of life is to give. The joy of life is to love!” – William Arthur Ward

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456