I was just wondering how did you get into riding?
My guardian had several grown children (30-50's) when I grew up and they all rode. I grew up drooling over their Harley's and have memories of torn up bikes in my mom's living room but she refused to ever let them take me for a ride. One of my brothers had a wreck and lost some scalp, an ear and a big toe. Another brother lost a couple inches off one leg from his. I grew up loving them, dreaming of riding but completely afraid of it. My children's father bought a little shadow when we lived together and he planned to teach me after we realized I wanted to ride my own too much to be a good passenger. I rode on the back with him maybe five times before we split up, during that time the third brother died in a collision with a car. fast forward 5 years, I was going to school with an hour commute and gas was really expensive... I also had a new BF with a bike and using commute and and gas savings as my logical excuse, I finally allowed myself to dream. I was very afraid but I was also older and feeling much stronger as a person. It started as a joke and a bet. I showed up one day with my permit and my BF was suddenly thrust into teaching me when he was humoring me and waiting for me to change my mind. When I want something that I am afraid of, I act quickly so I don't talk myself out of it. I begged him to teach me before the MSF because I was afraid I would chicken out. I got on his bike for the first time in traffic after my car broke down, felt the wind, smelt the ocean, trees and horses, and fell in love.

Sometimes now when I ride, I think of me as a little kid running after y big gruff hells angel brother with my afro waving behind me begging, "take me for a ride". I can also see his sad face telling me "mom will kick my ***!". Now, mom loves me riding... I think she sees it as I do, a tribute to the one grown child I was closest too and the thing he loved most. He loved to ride more than anything else and rode from his early teens till he died in his late fifties.

Did you take any type of course?
I took the MSF after practicing for a month with my ex.

How did you choose your bike?
I did a lot of research with my ex and I planned to get a SV650. He happened to see the bike in a review with a really bad pic but the specs looks perfect. A couple days later I saw one for sale and agreed to see it, it was much prettier in person and after having sat on a lot of bikes for two months, seeing the fizzy was love at first sight.

What type of riding do you do?
2005 Yamaha FZ6 is silver

Does your SO ride?
I am single, but my ex rode and taught me to ride before I could take my MSF. He also bought me the fizzy. We are still friends.

Have you done any modifications to your bike?
I am adding the engine guard before winter and I have a givi bag on the bag with the break light routed through it.

What is your dream bike? (I think I know this one..you want one of dem Italian thangs...just kidding Ducatis are nice.)
My bike is pretty much my dream bike. I love ducatis but it would be for fun, my fizzy is my day to day love. My real dream bike is aimed at a dream trip. I dream about riding the circumference of South america and would love a BMW R1200 GS dual sport tourer. I want to have it altered to accept a side car. The side car would be a custom dual sport side car with suspension, lights, side impact cars, heat and cooling, a retractable hood, audio system so I can talk communicate with the side car and have two game boy consuls. It would seat two munchkins and we would be off for the entire summer. Once the trip was over it would be my "family car."

Do you read any motorcycle magazines?
Not really, I started to but they were all ads for bike reviews. I read motorcycle technique books, and love www.pashnit.com

Do you post on any motorcycle boards?
sportbikes.net my nick is fizzygrrl

Are you planning to attend any motorcycle event....Black Bike Week, etc?
no, I am a total loner and crowds make me bonkers.

Are you member of a riding club?
Not yet since sitters are expensive and my repeat turns in the twisties need to smooth out a little bit more first. By next spring I should be ready for group rides and plan to join curve unit.

Are there a lot of female riders in your area?
There are getting to be more, mostly little old ladies on gold wings and younger women on sport bikes.

AA female riders?
I'm not sure what this is... riders who are in AA? if so, no. but there are several groups around here.

Have you laid your bike down?
I laid my ex's bike down a bunch of times learning since it was an old top heavy BMW that was so tall I was on tip toes. Only dropped it once while I was actually.... moving. My bike was dropped twice. Once getting it off the center stand on a slop (oops), the second time my tire pressure was too low and it was handling funky in a turn. I learned all about tire pressure that day. My bike just got a scrap on the handle bar and a scrap on the givi. I wasn't actually going anywhere so I was fine. The time I dropped my ex's going into a crazy odd turn that I still can't figure out how to take properly was far scarier and I did a little bit (2k) of damage.

What gear do you wear?
I have some fear gear overpants that I found that actually fit over my ****... It is hard to find GOOD gear for women, even harder to find GOOD gear to fit a black women's body shape. My Heine Gericke Maverick Jacket has elasticized leather at the shoulders and lower back so it doesn't drift up from my butt going out instead of wide like to many. Arai Helmet, and the best women's gloves I have ever seen (they even have a connection between the last two fingers to protect your pinky from breaking: I love my gloves) called schoeller keprotec high end womens . I love those gloves and plan to get my winter gloves from the same company since the money was well spent. My boots are just cheap Frank thomas boots until I can grab a pair of winter daytonas's.

Are you interested in doing track days?
I have always wanted to do a track day and plan to pick up a used ninja 250 to make into a little learner track bike so I don't trash my fizzy