Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My own responce
    Do you ride?
    yes, for the last 6 months. It is my main vehicle when I am not taking kids to and from school.

what do you ride?
    A gorgious (if I do say so myself) 2005 FZ6 in silver

What DO we do with our hair when a large helmet isn't large enough? :afro:
    I started riding after my locs were cut off and I was bald. already my helmet is a little snug and I have no idea what I will do since adding room for the hair may affect fit to other parts of the head.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/quotidianlight

http://twitter.com/quotidianlight

http://public.fotki.com/quotidianlight/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

:wub: this topic.

I'm not ridin' yet, but Lawd knows I can't wait till I start. I hope to in the next couple years.... nice locs, maybe to my shoulders or starting to crawl down my back by then..... wind making them blow all over....... nice leather outfit..... nice motorcycle.... I'll join Ruff Ryders (dead serious)..... Ahhhhh...........

RIDE OR DIE!!!!!!!! :afro:

(It's late, I'm acting stupid, but I'm dead serious.)
    "The backlash against bone-straight hair can't come quickly enough: I like my hair with its Afro personality intact." --Hannah Pool, journalist

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

<_< I wanted to be the first to respond....just kidding. quotidianlight, told you I&#39;d be up over here. I&#39;m glad you started this. By the way I highly recommend that anyone who is interested in learning take a MSF course or something similar. Check your local community college, and for all the military members out there....the military pays for it. The course provides the bikes.

Do you ride?
    Yes, since Oct 02.

What do you ride?
    My girl who&#39;s always down for whatever I want to do, a true road dawg...2001 Suzuki SV650S that my husband (he rides also) picked out for me in Sep 02. Can&#39;t call her gorgeous since we had a couple bumps and bruises along the way. The first two days I rode her (two days in a row), talk about getting it out of the way. After determining that I was okay, hubby was most devestated by the dent in my nice new Yoshi slip-on. Oh well, haven&#39;t had any incidents since then. If he hasn&#39;t replaced her by the time I get back she&#39;ll be getting a face lift. I love her.

What DO we do with our hair when a large helmet isn&#39;t large enough?
    I have yet to figure out how to be cute and ride, look below and see how I do. Braid it up, bandana and go. Though at hubby&#39;s suggestion I did just pull it into a ponytail at the back of my head right before I left home and that worked out nicely plus it looked decent when I took the helmet and bandana off. So far no problems, but between the helmet and the military hat requirement my style is seriously being cramped.

This shows how much I love my bike and riding cause I&#39;m not one for posting pics. My girl was about to follow me to the shop to drop her off to be set up for storage before a deployment last year and took a pic since I didn&#39;t have any of me on my bike.

ETA: She&#39;s my primary mode of transportation, between the cargo net and backpack I only took the truck or car when doing heavy duty grocery shopping or getting other large items. I just made sure the load was distributed evenly. The gas mileage can&#39;t be beat. I took this pic to show my husband how I was using the cargo net and passenger seat. I once came back from Walmart with 24 rolls of tp on the back. Did I tell you I miss my bike. :wub: My husband starts her up so I can hear her over the phone every once in a while; he understands since he got me into it and he was away from his babies for a year also.
    PROUD SAHM,USMC WIFE, & USAF VETERAN

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ValleyOfDecision@Oct 5 2005, 09:30 PM
    :wub: this topic.

I&#39;m not ridin&#39; yet, but Lawd knows I can&#39;t wait till I start. I hope to in the next couple years.... nice locs, maybe to my shoulders or starting to crawl down my back by then..... wind making them blow all over....... nice leather outfit..... nice motorcycle.... I&#39;ll join Ruff Ryders (dead serious)..... Ahhhhh...........

RIDE OR DIE!!!!!!!! :afro:

(It&#39;s late, I&#39;m acting stupid, but I&#39;m dead serious.)
    [snapback]1025931[/snapback]
    I love to ride, but my favorite thing is when I am riding well and smooth then some dude gives me a wave and his arm stops mid air as I pass him and he sees my bright pink hello kitty backpack :Cool_049:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like it&#39;s just the two of us. I wish this was in the Other Life Topics section because I&#39;d actually like to discuss more about riding. If we&#39;re the only riders, I guess there&#39;s always personal messages. quotidianlight, do you have any pictures?

Anyone else out there ride or interested in riding?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by SouthernShorty@Oct 6 2005, 06:57 PM
    Looks like it&#39;s just the two of us. I wish this was in the Other Life Topics section because I&#39;d actually like to discuss more about riding. If we&#39;re the only riders, I guess there&#39;s always personal messages. quotidianlight, do you have any pictures?

Anyone else out there ride or interested in riding?
    [snapback]1026912[/snapback]
    That is really sad if we are the only two... maybe you should post in Other Life Topics... I&#39;m looking to have some decent pics taken so I will email you one when I get them taken. My old pics SUCK!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess we&#39;ll just stay here for now, no sense in starting another thread for just the two of us. The mods will move us if they feel we&#39;re in the wrong spot. Maybe someone will come out of the woodworks or be inspired by us.

I was just wondering how did you get into riding?
    Did you take any type of course?
    If not, how did you learn to ride?
    How did you choose your bike?
    What type of riding do you do?
    Does your SO ride?
    Have you done any modifications to your bike?
    What is your dream bike? (I think I know this one..you want one of dem Italian thangs...just kidding Ducatis are nice.)
    Do you read any motorcycle magazines?
    Do you post on any motorcycle boards?
    Are you planning to attend any motorcycle event....Black Bike Week, etc?
    Are you member of a riding club?
    Are there a lot of female riders in your area?
    AA female riders?
    Have you laid your bike down?
    What gear do you wear?
    Are you interested in doing track days?

Can you tell that this is one of my favorite subjects? I&#39;ll post my own answers later, but for now I need to sleep so I can go in for my 12 hr shift in 6 hrs.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don&#39;t worry, y&#39;all are not alone. I&#39;m just h34r: since I can&#39;t ride yet. But thanks a lot for posting that MSF link. Is it a lot of money? Is that how you learned in the first place?

op:
    "The backlash against bone-straight hair can't come quickly enough: I like my hair with its Afro personality intact." --Hannah Pool, journalist

LeeshK is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ValleyOfDecision@Oct 7 2005, 12:53 PM
    Don&#39;t worry, y&#39;all are not alone. I&#39;m just h34r: since I can&#39;t ride yet. But thanks a lot for posting that MSF link. Is it a lot of money? Is that how you learned in the first place?

op:
    [snapback]1027560[/snapback]

Yup, definitely not alone. I&#39;m just h34r: like Valley. I have always been interested in bikes, never had one or taken a ride on one (unless you include the ride around the neighborhood when I was 8 :lol: )
    Let&#39;s go to a place only lovers go; To a spot that we&#39;ve never known; To the top of the clouds we&#39;re floating away; Oh this feels so crazy; Oh this love is blazing; Baby we&#39;re so high; Walking on cloud 9 ~ John Legand

Love your hair for alas no one else will do it justice!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m the permanent passenger on a BMW R1200C or a Yamaha Virago 920, I don&#39;t worry much about the hair (I big chopped a bit ago and before that, it was hopeless, the helmet just did not agree with my hair whether relaxed, natural, whatever). We live in NH where are there are more motorcycles per capita than anywhere else in the Country.

Next year I&#39;d like to surprise my hubby by having us go on an Edelweiss tour of Italy.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast