Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@possibilities
    Your advice is SPOT ON!

@Keedah
    Please open up your shop it looks really nice!
    CC is coming out of hiding ready for some glamourpussshop.com

@mochalocks
    Yes a networking forum would be a GREAT idea!
    I'd be in for that..

15% off for NP members enter code -> i am beautiful <-

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ladies you all are a wealth of information and motivation! i&#39;m currently juggling 3 start-up companies, one by myself and two with partners. i am very excited by the possibilities. i agree that networking is the key to a successful business. the power of word of mouth is amazing.

i think that staying motivated and being persistent is a major hurdle for me but i will keep at it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a network section would be great!

there is a TON of talent here. a place to share experiences, share success stories, etc.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am running a small publishing company, CB Publishing, where I am working to sell my husband&#39;s three books. Currently, I am in the process of hiring a publicist to help get my husband&#39;s name out on a bigger scale. We are on a very tight budget, so it&#39;s tough trying to figure out the best place to put the money that we do have, in order to get the best results.

One of his books was previously self-published and did OK considering the fact that we did not put a lot of marketing behind it. Now we are re-releasing the book, along with a non-fiction and another fiction book and want to see what happens with marketing behind it.

It is great hearing that there are so many of us looking to start (or have started) our own businesses. We definitely need to support each other, because it is sometimes so easy to give up on a dream.

Possibilities, thanks for starting this thread!
    Natural since July 2005!

My Hair Journey (documented since 2005) - http://www.natural-ness.com

Natural-ness on Tumblr
    http://natural-ness.tumblr.com/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone working on their biz full time (no 9-5)?

i personally work longer hours at this than i did at my 9-5. it consumes me night and day.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by possibilities@Oct 17 2005, 12:31 PM

i personally work longer hours at this than i did at my 9-5. it consumes me night and day.
    [snapback]1039138[/snapback]
    I am and yes - the hours are longer.

What type of business are you running?
    Natural since July 2005!

My Hair Journey (documented since 2005) - http://www.natural-ness.com

Natural-ness on Tumblr
    http://natural-ness.tumblr.com/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as of the last 3 years i&#39;ve been in direct sales for two different companies
    1- is color me beautiful cosmetics
    2 - home parties for a local company
    3 - and within the last year my hubby and i have started a web design biz
    ...all of which i&#39;ve done fairly well with, but I needed a way to tie all of my projects into one.

so i&#39;ve started a local online community/ezine/netwrk.

i live in az and one of the problems here is that the minority community does not have a consistent/practical source of information (events, businesses, etc). the major source here is an older company, geared toward the older crowd. a couple of the other biz are not realiable and publish sporadically....(i could go on and on)

i have a great concept, but it&#39;s a lot of work. i have a niche market and want to provide them with a quality product. so often we (as a community) settle for VERY poor presentation and representation. i&#39;m hoping to change that.

at the moment, my time is spent on writing copy for my site while putting out little fires. "breathe"

Gacela20 Guest

Since it&#39;s taking a while for me to get this off the ground, I&#39;ve decided that I do need a 9 to 5. I plan to work on it on evenings after work as well as on weekends. I&#39;m making handmade paper and selling handbound journals/scrapbooks as well as stationery kits.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by possibilities@Oct 17 2005, 07:31 PM

i personally work longer hours at this than i did at my 9-5. it consumes me night and day.
    [snapback]1039138[/snapback]
    *Raises hand frantically*
    me, me, me... the time just flies by!
    I start earlier & don&#39;t finish until gone 21:00 or later..

I handed in my notice at Alcatraz last month - last friday was my official last day but I&#39;ve been working on my biz for a while now.

Question:
    Who is going to PM Lady Dee and/or the Mod Squad to see if the Networking Forum can be a reality? :unsure:

15% off for NP members enter code -> i am beautiful <-

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am, I am and aiaiaia what an experience. Yes it takes a lot of time.
    I started early when I was living the Netherlands with a webdesign company beside my job but I mainly did non profit sites for free. I was hired by a huge compay to do consutlancy so that took most of my time flying allover from tokyo to Berlin, but I was always working on my business plan.
    Since I have moved the plan moved out of the window. Now I recently registered my company, self published my 2nd book and now I am working on marketing.

Had some major set backs and I can relate to all the hours and frustration that I read about. You are not the only one. I think this is just the beginning. I am not kidding myself, it takes a couple of years to become steady then you have to make sure you survive. Many of the companies I did consultancy for have been taken over while they had millions of money to spend. I think I have lot&#39;s of idea&#39;s to stay unique like the companies I mentioned but it takes a lot more.

I just finished reading Lisa Price her book, Carol&#39;s Daughter and it&#39;s very inspiring. Yes she had some hard days too. Nothing comes easy but the fact is that she conquored those challenges is what it&#39;s about. I am all for a network. Smart women inspire me. Dee is one of them. She works crazy hours to keep this board up and she does such a good job that we take it for granted. That is when you know you are doing a great job.

Anyway blabla bla, back to work.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast