Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, i've been sitting at my computer for the last 2 weeks. i've been banging out copy for my web site. (anyone who has done this, knows the frustration. not to mention i'm a fanatic about good content and layout...hubby is a professional web designer so and it has rubbed off).

my house is a wreck and everything has been pushed to the back burner! Then today I loose (?) evertyhing I've worked on for the last 6 hours!!!! URGH! :angry:

Launch Date is November
    ointlaugh:

Need Site up to sell advertising before then.

Cant sleep at night for all the ideas I come up with
    (am i the only who "thinks best at 3am?)
    :icon_eek13:

...anyone else? where are you in your business? what are your frustrations? how do you get past tiny imperfections (that only you will notice)

mochalocks Guest

wow, I run a Zine (magazine), so its a lot of hard of work i have to put in, but in the end its worth it, and i enjoy it. I have to be on top of the people that print the zines out, because they are so slow,then i have my brother helping me out which is cool, but i still have to be on top of him. i'm constantly writing, making sure my contributors meet their deadlines, I hate to rush with doing an issue-which is what I'm doing now, but I know it will worth it, once its done, and getting copies out to my subscribers is another thing that I loathe.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow,

Both of you are incredible! It may be fustrating but keep your head up and the dream alive!

It will all pay off in the end :afro:

_Empress_ Guest

I'm not sure if I'd be considered an entrepreneur but I'm trying to start my own company, in which I sell prints of my artwork. Rigth now I'm still tryign to get the business plan togther. I don't want to sell my originals so paying for prints is going to be quite expensive. I have a lot of start up cost to consider including:

framing (I work pretty big 2x3 ft at the smallest)
    glass cost
    printing cost and shipping cost <-----The biggest expense
    art materials
    Vendor cost and location

It may not seem like much but since I have quite a bit of recouping to do in terms of cost I&#39;m having trouble figuring out how much I should sell prints for. In addition I&#39;mn ot sure if it&#39;s best for me to save up the money or get a loan form the bank. Leaset but last I&#39;m nto sure if I shoudl make the prints as they are requested or have prints preordered so that ppl can purchase them on spot.

Sigh it&#39;s my dream job...working on it...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by _Empress_@Oct 12 2005, 02:22 PM
    I&#39;m not sure if I&#39;d be considered an entrepreneur but I&#39;m trying to start my own company, in which I sell prints of my artwork. Rigth now I&#39;m still tryign to get the business plan togther. I don&#39;t want to sell my originals so paying for prints is going to be quite expensive. I have a lot of start up cost to consider including:

framing (I work pretty big 2x3 ft at the smallest)
    glass cost
    printing cost and shipping cost <-----The biggest expense
    art materials
    Vendor cost and location

It may not seem like much but since I have quite a bit of recouping to do in terms of cost I&#39;m having trouble figuring out how much I should sell prints for. In addition I&#39;mn ot sure if it&#39;s best for me to save up the money or get a loan form the bank. Leaset but last I&#39;m nto sure if I shoudl make the prints as they are requested or have prints preordered so that ppl can purchase them on spot.

Sigh it&#39;s my dream job...working on it...
    [snapback]1033385[/snapback]
    i would say you are. you are doing your thing.

it is going to be trial and error. you can only gain the knowledge from experience. hmmm. as for the loan...i didnt, work from hand to mouth.

my mom in law got a (fairly large) grant to start her biz. it may be something for you to consider if you have a significant amount of start up expenses. she had to set up a "factory" in her garage.
    her biz is www.chisaragold.com. she has been working on it for some time, but found as she was going live with everything....other similar businesses came out on nowhere

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im an aspiring entreprenuer as well, and I find getting started with things is all in the head.

How do u ladies with with the prospect of your competition, innovation, and setting yourself apart? Is it all in who you are or are you offering the market a unique product package?

I get confused but I dont want these questions to discourage me.
    First set of locks: Sept. 14, 1999 - April 22, 2011
    Current set of locks: newly under way

Thank you Pank fairy for Panking me!!! Blessings to you! XOXOXO

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m also aspiring to be an entrepreneur & I&#39;m very happily delightfully scared of the prospect but I&#39;m going to give it a Good Go!

Originally posted by Dovechild20@Oct 13 2005, 04:20 AM
    Im an aspiring entreprenuer as well, and I find getting started with things is all in the head.
    I used to think like that but found that everyday that I worked at Alcatraz (aka: my former 8 to 5 job I handed in my resignation last month) I was doing more and more research on ingredients and less & less Alcatraz work. Certain NP members have kept me focused when I found it tough to quit Alcatraz. However, one day last month, I got soooo fed up of my boring job that I handed in my resignation.

What I would do at Alcatraz:
    Sit & dream of ingredients & what I could mix up. (ie: for my hair, cuticles, skin, scalp, scrub, lip balm, body balm, shaving oil, homemade shampoo bars, homemade cream soap for shaving, exfoliating soap bars with poppy seeds or almonds, etc..)

Notes & Learning:
    Hooked - I was hooked on my personal care routine, using quality natural ingredients, getting rid of synthetically made products - as I have had bad experiences with:
    PVP products
    R.e.l/a.x.e.r/s
    Proplylene Glycol
    Parabens
    To name a few..

I have a couple of notebooks that I keep in my handbag all the time! Jotting down ingredients I&#39;ve seen on other product labels & researching them. I&#39;ve been kicked out of the Body Shop for reading the product labels & have questioned some of the UKs top chemists on various natural ingredients and how they work on the skin and in our hair. I found myself joining medical forums & craft forums. Researching - reading - listening and learning from it.

When I got home from Alcatraz, instead of making dinner I would make a batch of something and try it out, then send it to testers and my chemist for product certification.

How do u ladies with with the prospect of your competition, innovation, and setting yourself apart? Is it all in who you are or are you offering the market a unique product package?

[snapback]1034249[/snapback]
    Originial recipes & Competition & Inspiration:

My cyber family here on NP & my real family & friends have given me ENOUGH inspiration :wub:

I also look at other entrepreneurs in other fields here in the UK. (ie: Dreams PLC they sell beds, Rachels Organics - Yoghurts sold thru-out Europe, Blooming Marvellous - Maternity wear, Truly Scrumptious - frozen baby food, The Iron Lady - shop that irons your clothes for you, Innocent Drinks - they sell smoothies.
    There is also a website called http://www.trendwatching.com where I watch what is going on with all of the entrepreneurs worldwide - it gives me inspiration too!

OK - well I do look at my competition and what they are using, how they promote themselves, the ingredients they use, how their customers react to products & listen - listen - listen & learn. I use this to set myself apart from the others.
    BUT proof is in the pudding... my family & beautiful testers love my products but will others love what I have to offer - the whole package?!
    I don&#39;t know, but I can only try.

As a child my Mom would make our products.
    I felt sooooo special & soooo loved when Mom started mixing because she was mixing it FOR ME!
    When she sent me off to school all the kids would come and sniff me, even my teachers would comment and ask "What&#39;s that you&#39;re wearing it smells wonderful?" infront of the whole class!
    I replied "my Mom made some hair pomade for me last night & cornrowed my hair this morning" that made me feel special!

I have made an effort to ensure that my products are unique, my ingredients are FRESH, and my products are certified by chemists. Some recipes I have also patented.

Stay strong, me dear!
    YOU CAN do it - dream it - put it to right - & be whatever YOU want to be!
    ^_^

15% off for NP members enter code -> i am beautiful <-

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Dovechild20@Oct 13 2005, 03:20 AM

How do u ladies with with the prospect of your competition, innovation, and setting yourself apart? Is it all in who you are or are you offering the market a unique product package?

[snapback]1034249[/snapback]

Currently I have no competition in my city (no quality competition at least)...I went with a very specific niche. Luckily given where I live, the city is big, but the group I&#39;m after is small in a localized area.

Innovation....hmmmm, well! Research, Research, Research (competition, trends, what works, what doesn&#39;t)

Wow, my favorite!. What sets me apart quality, customer service, selection, alternatives...

I also think personality plays a part. Most importantly...Network. I never believed before, but it makes so much difference in who you know.
    I also think personality plays a part. Most importantly...Network. I never believed before, but it makes so much difference in who you know.

Keedah Guest

I ran an online boutique glamourpussshop.com for several years. Now that Ive kinda outgrown it (I was 15 when I started it) I want to start a marketing company for small women owned businesses.

If anyone is interested in marketing services (direct mail, marketing plans, press releases, press kits, package design, slogans, etc.) send me a pm.

mochalocks Guest

Originally posted by Keedah@Oct 14 2005, 04:20 PM
    I ran an online boutique glamourpussshop.com for several years. Now that Ive kinda outgrown it (I was 15 when I started it) I want to start a marketing company for small women owned businesses.

If anyone is interested in marketing services (direct mail, marketing plans, press releases, press kits, package design, slogans, etc.) send me a pm.
    [snapback]1036549[/snapback]

wow, I just went to your site, and its nice!. I love it. Keep it up.. I really think Dee should put a Networking forum in here, just in case any Nappturality ladies would like to network..

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast