Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my right boob drilled into last Tuesday and got the result a week later today. And that was after a week of me Googling everything on the topic and, man, how much I hate falling into risk groups? A lot.

The result: "no signs of cancer OR precancerous changes" - all benign changes, for now. Of course, I got the order to come in for regular mammograms.

Glad the boyfriend found it and glad I had quick access to a university hospital for diagnosis, ironically, I'm glad I went through the process. If I have to get it done again, I won't be quite so terrified.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

2. Thanks OHR thanked for this post
    Likes OHR, tjolims liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news, Scribe.Yeah, get those mammograms!

4. Thanks Scribetastic thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Scribe.
    I'd made this appointment after figuring out that it had been 2 years since my last one.
    So....had my mammogram 2 weeks ago Friday, after work. Following Monday, got a call from the breast center telling me I need a followup. Seemed that there was an 'abnormality' and they wanted to do a biopsy. I was able to get an appointment this past Tuesday. Hubs was on the fence about coming along with me, but finally decided to come along.

On Thursday, got results...the good news, no cancer...HOWEVER...I have a blocked duct condition that should be removed (might be a chance of developing into cancer if left alone).

so......I'm meeting with the surgeon in the next 2 weeks. *sigh* I'll have to have followup appointments every 6 months, I'm guessing.

I'm so fortunate.

Despite the fact that I've had to deal with these issues for the past 5 years or so (after chemo), the outcome would have been SO different had it not for my listening to my body.

EDIT: I had the stereotactic biopsy.
    Last edited by OHR; 03-08-2014 at 01:15 PM.

6. Thanks Scribetastic thanked for this post
    Likes Soul Rebel liked this post
    twix36 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just had my mammo this morning. A co-worker was texting me while I was there and I mentioned I was getting a mammo. She said she needs to get one and I know she doesn't really do doctors, so I made sure I gave her the number and location of where I was and offered to come with her if she wants. She thought there was a cost but I told her as long as it's routine/screening, it's covered 100% by insurance. Hopefully she'll go ahead and take care of it soon. She's in her late 50's and she says her mom has never gone to a doctor that she knows of! Weird. Hope everyone else is getting their screenings. It's fairly simple and pain free.
    Formerly known as New2natural1

April 4th--2 years fully natural

Thanks for Panking me!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twix36 View Post
    Just had my mammo this morning. A co-worker was texting me while I was there and I mentioned I was getting a mammo. She said she needs to get one and I know she doesn't really do doctors, so I made sure I gave her the number and location of where I was and offered to come with her if she wants. She thought there was a cost but I told her as long as it's routine/screening, it's covered 100% by insurance. Hopefully she'll go ahead and take care of it soon. She's in her late 50's and she says her mom has never gone to a doctor that she knows of! Weird. Hope everyone else is getting their screenings. It's fairly simple and pain free.
    Wow! I'm glad you're around to educate her.
    Quote Originally Posted by OHR View Post
    Well, Scribe.
    I'd made this appointment after figuring out that it had been 2 years since my last one.
    So....had my mammogram 2 weeks ago Friday, after work. Following Monday, got a call from the breast center telling me I need a followup. Seemed that there was an 'abnormality' and they wanted to do a biopsy. I was able to get an appointment this past Tuesday. Hubs was on the fence about coming along with me, but finally decided to come along.

On Thursday, got results...the good news, no cancer...HOWEVER...I have a blocked duct condition that should be removed (might be a chance of developing into cancer if left alone).

so......I'm meeting with the surgeon in the next 2 weeks. *sigh* I'll have to have followup appointments every 6 months, I'm guessing.

I'm so fortunate.

Despite the fact that I've had to deal with these issues for the past 5 years or so (after chemo), the outcome would have been SO different had it not for my listening to my body.

EDIT: I had the stereotactic biopsy.
    I'm glad you went, and I'm glad that the blocked duct is getting removed. I nearly scared myself silly reading the prognosis for black women because some of us get a more aggressive form of breast cancer it seems. However, knowing that will keep me on the straight and narrow regarding regular mammograms from now on. The only negative, so far, from all of this is when I checked my bill and saw my co-pay. As it happened at the start of the year, well, I've got a deductible to meet.

Take care of yourself OHR and keep us posted.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

9. Thanks OHR thanked for this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234