Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi im christina from canada..ummm i found this site trying to find some tips for my hair type and came across this site on google

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A continuation from Part IV

Hi there! ^_^

Welcome to Nappturality!

Tell us about you, your hair and how you found the site, we'd love to hear your story.

Thanks and enjoy your stay!
    [/b]
    My name is Lynn and I am 52 y/o married and living in Chicago. Last year I decided to grow my perm out and return to a natural hair style. I am not fond of dreads though, and I am not sure which way to go. However, I am interested in twists. Is this relatively easy to accomplish?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

hello.I'm a 23year old napp trying to discover ways of enjoying my napp. Growing up I was never taught anything about my hair at all, and so would just do what everybody did, which was to relax the hair even though, with the exact same products that everybody-else did and expected a lot of my hair to have broken out by the time I had my next chemical fire cream. I'm not sure when i had the light-bulb moment that made me realize why I was still just going with the crowd, but I just literally woke up one day and decided to shave my head.

now th etrouble is I still have no idea how to take care of my hair. what works for it, etc. so after googling I came across this site. not sure why it took me three years though. lol.
    "The intelligent want self-control; children want candy."
    ............... Mevlana Rumi; 13th century poet

".......until you've seen him with his mother, it's safe to assume you havent gotten to know your new man"

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi I now live in Atlanta GA . I just did the big chop on April 31st and I'm getting used to but love my natural hair ( can't deep my hands out of it). I am now on the road to healthy hair. I've lost a lot of hair to chemicals, so I'm looking foward to this journey. I found out about this site when I was doing a google search on transitioning and natural hair. I've gotten a lot of great advice so far

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Hi I now live in Atlanta GA . I just did the big chop on April 31st and I'm getting used to but love my natural hair ( can't deep my hands out of it). I am now on the road to healthy hair. I've lost a lot of hair to chemicals, so I'm looking foward to this journey. I found out about this site when I was doing a google search on transitioning and natural hair. I've gotten a lot of great advice so far
    [/b]

HEY EVERYONE,

A big hello to all of you. Coming from the UK, and finally going ahead and getting rid of my dead strightened hair. The past 7/8 years of hair disasters have taken their tole and its time for a new start. At 24 this is the right time. Feeling nervous so will be needing alot of support. Impressed by the work you lot have been doing. Anyhow its time to start transitioning. BYE :rolleyes:

Typhani is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, I live in Baltimore, Maryland and I have been transitioning now for two years. This is only my fifth attempt at trying to back to natural, but this time I know I am going to make it all the way. I was not always an addict to CFC. I guess it all started after college and I was looking for my first real job. I would get great reviews from those that interviewed me, but never the job offer. So, after months of getting nowhere I decided that it may be time for a change. This is where it all began, for years I was addicted. The funny thing was everytime I saw someone rocking a twa or a style that was natural I was so envious.

I have tried so many times to quit the habit that was destroying my hair, but each time I would find myself right back with that cfc. Once, when I was trying to change jobs, I made it to the final interview wearing braids because once again I was trying to transition and I went right back to my cfc once someone told me my hair was to ethnic for the poistion I was seeking.

NP this is closest I have been to becoming once again a natural person. I no longer hear that cfc calling me back. I look at my career now and hopefully my accomplishments and what they know I am capable of should be enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone, I am not sure if I am welcome here or not, I came here because I am the proud mother of two beautiful biracial babies. a daughter who will be 2 May 2nd. And a little boy who will be 4 months old tomorrow.
    My daughter and son are mixed white and black. My daughter has very very kinky curled hair. She is beautiful. I love it. It is a pain to fix sometimes, but I wouldn't wish her to have any different hair at all. If I can figure out how. I will post some pictures of my sweet babies.

I came here mostly to talk to other moms of kids with curly hair to get help and tips. And learn how to take care of her hair so that I don't ruin it.

Personally, I will never ever put a chemical fire cream on her hair unless she tells her dad and myself that she wants one. I'd kill for her hair. It is beautiful.

I guess I could introduce myself too :lol: My name is Jenn, I am 25 married to Jason 27, we live in East Texas where I am a SAHM and wife, and my husband works in the oilfield. I have 2 biological children Jasmine (we call her Jazzy) and Jayden Tre'von who we call J.T. or Trey. My husband has a son from a previous relationship named Logan and he is 5. He has more white textured hair so it is very easy to manage. But Jazzy and J.T. have more black textured hair so it is a lot more to take care of.

Can't wait to get to know everyone here

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone, this is newkinks from DC/MD/VA.I just did my BC four days ago, i'm very very exited. I was introduced to this site from another forum. I am still very confused, i am trying to get a regimen together and purchase all the right products. NP has been a great source of information. Thank you.
    Newkinks :wub:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone, My name is shamarie, im a newbie, yes congrats to me, but i am very excited right now, ive been natural for a year now, and i still do not know what to do with my hair. I would say that i have a years worth of growth but i do not think that.It seems like my hair is growing so slow, im at about 5 inches maybe more or less, but right along there . I love the fact that im natural , and it took along time to get to this stage almost 5years. Acturally that is 10 years of breakage from the age of 13 to now. When i did the bc i was happy relieved, i was already contemplating bout it , i cut my hair short but it was still relaxed and when i had bout 6wks new growth i took the scissors and chopped it off. I was happy, and excited. I new this was what i wanted to do, then after while i was scared , scared that i looked terrible with these naps on my head. Now i adjusted to it only because its longer. Now im comfortable with it and love it , wouldnt get another chemical fire cream to save my life but i feel lost .I live in oklahoma , i have been in oklahoma for 5 years, and i like it, but i feel like i do not have any natural support here, no shops or anything that specializes in natural hair care. and my styles are limited,I tried cornrows but im ready to take them out in 1wk, kinky twist, afro, scarves, and thats it. [i]Please someone help me i need the motivation ,support , ideas anything to help me. I want to do my own hair with diff styles and twist. Please someone give me ideas on styling my own hair. It would be a big help thankyou
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/shamarie23/"]http://public.fotki.com/shamarie23/[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heyy everyone! I am Cynthia and Iam in LOVE with site! Iam a 21year old student and i have been trasitioning for about seven months. I have been cutting it since January but I am planning on doing the BC next week. I am very excited about my napptural journey and thanks toall of you guys, this has been a semipailess transition. One of my friends who s gone natural told me about this site and I absolutely LOVE it. I have ultra thick hair and learning about styles and products that work for me is great. Thanks everybody!!

Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast