Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

A continuation from Part IV

Hi there! ^_^

Welcome to Nappturality!

Tell us about you, your hair and how you found the site, we'd love to hear your story.

Thanks and enjoy your stay!
    Honeychild - "...women are socialized practically from the cradle to consider our hair as something inherently wrong about ourselves... the act of being natural has a different resonance for [these]women, is a different kind of choice. this site was built to support that choice ... and dedicated to women who have made, are making, or are contemplating making that choice."

malaikablu- "If luv'n unaltered napps is militant and wrong... then I don't wanna be right."

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<span style='colorurple'>Peace, family.

My name is Meri and I am from NYC, the Bronx to be exact. I have been without a perm for about three years. In a desperate attempt to have a coveted wave pattern, I foolishly gave up three years of being natural and opted for a t e x t u r i z e r, which has been a nightmare. I am now in the process of growing that out and starting over fresh.

I found the site through African-American Moms Online. A member there posted the link.

I am eager to learn more about caring for my natural hair, which was beautiful when I had it, although not the easiest to care for (and I think the difficulty was in not knowing HOW to care for natural hair). Plus, I have a daughter now (she&#39;ll be 2 in January), and I want to care for her hair correctly from the start. I keep her hair in braids, and use "Just For Me" detangler and moisturizing creme on her hair. My 8 year old son has expressed an interest in growing out his hair too. He likes the idea of having braids, but I doubt that he&#39;d be able to sit down and take having his hair braided.

Anyhow, I am glad I joined this forum, and am looking forward to learning!

Be peace,

Meri</span>
    Originally posted by Moderator V@Nov 7 2005, 11:18 AM

Hi there! ^_^

Welcome to Nappturality!

Tell us about you, your hair and how you found the site, we&#39;d love to hear your story.

[snapback]1064285[/snapback]

vonnie1999 Guest

Originally posted by SugarFreeKhandi@Nov 7 2005, 11:48 AM
    <span style='colorurple'>Peace, family.

My name is Meri and I am from NYC, the Bronx to be exact. I have been without a perm for about three years. In a desperate attempt to have a coveted wave pattern, I foolishly gave up three years of being natural and opted for a t e x t u r i z e r, which has been a nightmare. I am now in the process of growing that out and starting over fresh.

I found the site through African-American Moms Online. A member there posted the link.

I am eager to learn more about caring for my natural hair, which was beautiful when I had it, although not the easiest to care for (and I think the difficulty was in not knowing HOW to care for natural hair). Plus, I have a daughter now (she&#39;ll be 2 in January), and I want to care for her hair correctly from the start. I keep her hair in braids, and use "Just For Me" detangler and moisturizing creme on her hair. My 8 year old son has expressed an interest in growing out his hair too. He likes the idea of having braids, but I doubt that he&#39;d be able to sit down and take having his hair braided.

Be peace,

Meri</span>
    Originally posted by Moderator V@Nov 7 2005, 11:18 AM

Hi there! ^_^

Welcome to Nappturality!Â

Tell us about you, your hair and how you found the site, we&#39;d love to hear your story.

[snapback]1064285[/snapback]
    [snapback]1064331[/snapback]

Thanks for the weak chemical fire cream info.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<span style="colorurple">Peace, family.

Be peace,

Meri</span>
    [/b]

Hi everyone,

my nick name is Tyssa, I&#39;m 19 years old and have been married for 1 1/2 and have been natural for 8 months and I love it. I wish that I had went natural back before high school. I have been looking for a web site or a book that could help me take care of my beautiful natural hair for a long time.So I went on yahoo and looked up natural african american hair and I finally found it and I am very pleased. I am looking so foward as to learning how to properly take care of my hair. I admit at the beginning I was scared of what my husband and others thought when I had decided to just cut all my hair off and grow this beautiful fro. My hair has never been healthy like it is now! I do have concerns about my hair, like for instance; my hair stays very dry and always has, i have went through numerous products to try to give it that moisture and nothing seems to work. But despite the opticals I love it! I stand out from other girls my age and other black women in my community. I twist it, braid it and sometime I just don&#39;t do nothing but put a scarf around it and let it be free. I love my natural color and kink! My aunts and cousins have kinky hair to and we are proud to be what we were born to be and that is nappy.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heeeeeyyy! - i&#39;m chelle and i&#39;m a 27 (going on 10) year old artist from brooklyn -

i had the BC done jan of 2001 after being permed for 1.5 years - i&#39;m glad i found this site because i&#39;ve only recently decided to test myself and actually grow my hair out - before this year i usually would have gotten a cute low cut every month, so it&#39;s tempting to just cut it all off, but patience is a virtrue -

i found out about NP via the yahoo group that Naturally You Magazine has -

love,
    chelle

p.s. - i was looking at the female avatars the other day - why is there a whole page of avatars that look like clipz from japanimation shorts and films?? - that was an unexpected theme to find on a site populated by people with naturally kinky and curly hair - i mean......is the company behind this site, are they big fans of hentai?
    formerly known as Pretty Queer Girl

timadadiva Guest

wassup, i&#39;m tima. i&#39;m from Brooklyn NY but I live in GA now. this is my 3rd :shocker: time going natural. the other 2 times i just didn&#39;t have support from ANYONE. 3rd times a charm and i&#39;m definitely sticking with it this time. had my BC this past weekend :smil3f728e20478ac: and boy do i feel great! i knew of this site when i tried to go natural before but i never really divulged in it. i guess since i&#39;m more serious about it, i took more advantage of what the site had to offer.

thanks nappturality! you&#39;re a hairsaver.

--TimaDaDiva

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi my name is Princess and I hail from Brooklyn, Ny. I found this site by doing a search. I grew my hair out by gradually cuttung the permed ends off as my hair grew out in weave/braid styles. I have a twa, and I am proud. My mom and sister are the onl two people that have a problem with my hair...... but I am working on them.

MonicaAnderson22 Guest

Hi my name is Princess and I hail from Brooklyn, Ny. I found this site by doing a search. I grew my hair out by gradually cuttung the permed ends off as my hair grew out in weave/braid styles. I have a twa, and I am proud. My mom and sister are the onl two people that have a problem with my hair...... but I am working on them.
    [/b]

Hello my name is Monica. I live in Lewisville, Texas. I have been struggling with my transition process for sometime. I have attempted to go natural twice in the past year but got impatience and went back to perm. This time is going to be it for me. But I wanted to reply to your message and say that you gave me great suggestion as I go through the process. One big that I have struggled with during my transition is dealing with two textures - natural and perm. You stated that you gradually cut your permed ends off as your hair grew out and this is a great idea. I have a hard time cutting all my hair off and starting over but I am going to definetly do what you. Thanks for being an inspiration!!!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi my name is Stacy, and I am form Tallahassee, Fl. I have been wearing my napps for about 6 years. I want to enter the the LOCDOM, but I cannot commit to one hairstyle for that long. Right now I wear my hair totally braided, partially braided, or just naturally puffy. I tfound this sight by just browsing the net looking fo new styles for my hair. Its amazing what you can find on the internet!

afroluvangel Guest

Hello my people!!!

My name is afroluvangel and I am coming from Dallas/Fort Worth area, in Arlington, TX. My real name is Gretchen Renee Barnett and I am 25 years old. My profession is that of a Child Support Officer (OAG&#39;s Office). I&#39;ve been napptural for a good 4 years (since 2001, last perm) and I just finished my transition year on 09/20/05 ! I also have a B.S. in Psychology/Sociology (minor) from Prairie View University.

My mom and 1 of my sisters (youngest)have lived with me since we moved to the area. I have a sister that still lives in our hometown, Beaumont, TX. Most people in that area would say that Beaumont is a part of Louisiana, however its still in the dirty south!

I have learned alot of info already from Nappturality and my hair is growing beautiful. I am looking learn more from this site!

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast