Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone,
    My name is Dee and I'm from Philly, I cannot explain how happy I was to have found this site. I had wanted to go all natural for quite some time but was too chicken to do it. On September 16,2007 I just did it. I cut it all off ( well my husband did). I'm so glad I did. I have been checking out other ppl's albulm and saw that it was so much I could do with my hair as it grew and now I am so excited. I'm just beginning my journey so check me out at fotki.com/therealdeenaturally

A continuation from Part IV

Hi there! ^_^

Welcome to Nappturality!

Tell us about you, your hair and how you found the site, we'd love to hear your story.

Thanks and enjoy your stay!
    [/b]
    Check out my journey On
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/TheRealDeeNaturally/"]http://public.fotki.com/TheRealDeeNaturally/[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone! I was a member of this board when I started my nappy journey back in 2003. I've been natural for 4 years and I came back here looking for new product advice. I've been wearing my hair short for the last few years and now I want to grow it out. I knew this was the place for support because I always get fed up with my hair and cut it again. So, I'm happy to be back and thanks in advance for all the advice I know you will give me.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Mary in Mandeville finally did the BC - second time; first was 1/02- kept for two years until the influence of my otherwise Pro-Black, au natural mother gave me &#39;The Look&#39;. <_<
    Just chopped it off an hour ago and can&#39;t stop screaming "WTF took so long?" I was so sick of feeling inauthentic and having to burn my hair straight with a flat flaming hot tool of hair torture every Sunday morning... on top of the CFC every other month. WTF!?!?! I keep looking at my almost-two-year-old daughter, thinking she is sooo gorgeous, I want to look like that. Cant with a mop on top. When i stepped out of the shower and saw my freshly cropped, washed do... maannnnnn my smile muscles hurt so bad right now. Can&#39;t wait til tomorrow to flaunt my stuff in this tiny ultra conservative part of the deep south. I live less than a quarter tank away from Jena. Ha Ha, this sista is fierce again. :afro:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello sisters
    I&#39;m didi and I live in the UK. I too wish I had found this site years ago - especially when I recall all the years of frying my hair and scalp went through! I have been natural for 3 years now since I went to get a retouch which the stylist left on too long and half my hair fell off. I remember my anguish and waiting anxiously to see if it grew back. I swore to myself that if it did - no more chemicals, period. Well it did thank God and I have kept my promise to myself. It has been hard - I had no clue what to do so it was either braids or weaves in fact I still wear weaves! I&#39;m desperate to change this and to start truly enjoying my hair and coming across this site is a Godsend. I&#39;m hoping to make friends and get sure fire tips on what I need to rock a curly &#39;fro. All I can say is thanks for this site and I am so looking forward to finally enhancing my beautiful nappy hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My name is Sandrine,

I am from Berlin, Germany and I have been natural most of my life with short(er interruptions. I can&#39;t remember exactly when was the last time I had a perm. It must have been 5-6 years now. Then I decided that I was gonna love my hair the way it is. I kept braiding it though and never dared to show my fro. Until some days ago when I walked with it for the first time on the street.

By now I have gotten used to all the white people staring at it and I&#39; m happy that I have been able to remove that fear I had of my own hair from my life.

I am very grateful to all the advice and help I can find on this side. I realize that I still have to learn alot when it comes to dealing with my hair.

All the best

Sandrine

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome!
    "No woman should believe that in order to be beautiful you have to be the opposite of what you are."
    -T'keyah Crystal Keymah

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing your story. It&#39;s such a liberating feeling to let our hair be free isn&#39;t it? Glad you&#39;re starting to really enjoy your natural tresses and welcome to NP

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congrats gurl! I know how you feel. I was very uncomfortable with my natural hair for awhile. It wasnt until maybe a few months ago that I was walking around with my head held in pride instead of looking around wondering who was looking at me bugged eyed.

Welcome to NP.
    Last Relaxer March 23 2006, BC Sept 26 2006
    Youtube: new vid 1/8/2012
    blog Fotki Twitter
    Facebook

EthioIrish Guest

Herzlich Willkommen, Sandrine
    Congrats on becoming natural!! I am sure you have beautiful hair and I am happy you are not afraid of it anymore. This site is just wonderful, there are lots of great ppl here who will help and give good advice!! Good luck!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all I&#39;m Tetbelle. I can&#39;t believe I joined this Forum 4 years ago and been lurking on and off ever since anyway.. I just noticed that there is a place to introduce yourself. I did a Big Chop almost a week ago now. I think it&#39;s my 3rd or 4th BC. I have been natural on and off now for about 12 years. When I went natural the first time there was hardly anybody that I knew wearing their hair natural and not the wealth of info there is today. I would relax my hair out of frustration and boredom. I&#39;m hoping I don&#39;t do that again because I love being natural. Anyway I am excited this time. It felt so good to cut my hair I&#39;m loving my short hair but plan on letting it grow. You can check out my Fotki if you like I will be tracking the growth every month from my BC.

My Fotki

pw: tetbellehair
    [img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h140/tetbelle/NovOct08comp-1-1.jpg[/img]
    [url="http://www.fotki.com/tetbelle"]My Fotki[/url]

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970