Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

A continuation from Part IV

Hi there! ^_^

Welcome to Nappturality!

Tell us about you, your hair and how you found the site, we'd love to hear your story.

Thanks and enjoy your stay!
    Honeychild - "...women are socialized practically from the cradle to consider our hair as something inherently wrong about ourselves... the act of being natural has a different resonance for [these]women, is a different kind of choice. this site was built to support that choice ... and dedicated to women who have made, are making, or are contemplating making that choice."

malaikablu- "If luv'n unaltered napps is militant and wrong... then I don't wanna be right."

2. Likes Old School Hair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<span style='colorurple'>Peace, family.

My name is Meri and I am from NYC, the Bronx to be exact. I have been without a perm for about three years. In a desperate attempt to have a coveted wave pattern, I foolishly gave up three years of being natural and opted for a t e x t u r i z e r, which has been a nightmare. I am now in the process of growing that out and starting over fresh.

I found the site through African-American Moms Online. A member there posted the link.

I am eager to learn more about caring for my natural hair, which was beautiful when I had it, although not the easiest to care for (and I think the difficulty was in not knowing HOW to care for natural hair). Plus, I have a daughter now (she&#39;ll be 2 in January), and I want to care for her hair correctly from the start. I keep her hair in braids, and use "Just For Me" detangler and moisturizing creme on her hair. My 8 year old son has expressed an interest in growing out his hair too. He likes the idea of having braids, but I doubt that he&#39;d be able to sit down and take having his hair braided.

Anyhow, I am glad I joined this forum, and am looking forward to learning!

Be peace,

Meri</span>
    Originally posted by Moderator V@Nov 7 2005, 11:18 AM
    A continuation from Part IV

Hi there! ^_^

Welcome to Nappturality!

Tell us about you, your hair and how you found the site, we&#39;d love to hear your story.

Thanks and enjoy your stay!
    [snapback]1064285[/snapback]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heeeeeyyy! - i&#39;m chelle and i&#39;m a 27 (going on 10) year old artist from brooklyn -

i had the BC done jan of 2001 after being permed for 1.5 years - i&#39;m glad i found this site because i&#39;ve only recently decided to test myself and actually grow my hair out - before this year i usually would have gotten a cute low cut every month, so it&#39;s tempting to just cut it all off, but patience is a virtrue -

i found out about NP via the yahoo group that Naturally You Magazine has -

love,
    chelle

p.s. - i was looking at the female avatars the other day - why is there a whole page of avatars that look like clipz from japanimation shorts and films?? - that was an unexpected theme to find on a site populated by people with naturally kinky and curly hair - i mean......is the company behind this site, are they big fans of hentai?
    formerly known as Pretty Queer Girl

timadadiva Guest

wassup, i&#39;m tima. i&#39;m from Brooklyn NY but I live in GA now. this is my 3rd :shocker: time going natural. the other 2 times i just didn&#39;t have support from ANYONE. 3rd times a charm and i&#39;m definitely sticking with it this time. had my BC this past weekend :smil3f728e20478ac: and boy do i feel great! i knew of this site when i tried to go natural before but i never really divulged in it. i guess since i&#39;m more serious about it, i took more advantage of what the site had to offer.

thanks nappturality! you&#39;re a hairsaver.

--TimaDaDiva

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi my name is Princess and I hail from Brooklyn, Ny. I found this site by doing a search. I grew my hair out by gradually cuttung the permed ends off as my hair grew out in weave/braid styles. I have a twa, and I am proud. My mom and sister are the onl two people that have a problem with my hair...... but I am working on them.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi my name is Stacy, and I am form Tallahassee, Fl. I have been wearing my napps for about 6 years. I want to enter the the LOCDOM, but I cannot commit to one hairstyle for that long. Right now I wear my hair totally braided, partially braided, or just naturally puffy. I tfound this sight by just browsing the net looking fo new styles for my hair. Its amazing what you can find on the internet!

afroluvangel Guest

Hello my people!!!

My name is afroluvangel and I am coming from Dallas/Fort Worth area, in Arlington, TX. My real name is Gretchen Renee Barnett and I am 25 years old. My profession is that of a Child Support Officer (OAG&#39;s Office). I&#39;ve been napptural for a good 4 years (since 2001, last perm) and I just finished my transition year on 09/20/05 ! I also have a B.S. in Psychology/Sociology (minor) from Prairie View University.

My mom and 1 of my sisters (youngest)have lived with me since we moved to the area. I have a sister that still lives in our hometown, Beaumont, TX. Most people in that area would say that Beaumont is a part of Louisiana, however its still in the dirty south!

I have learned alot of info already from Nappturality and my hair is growing beautiful. I am looking learn more from this site!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Napps! </span>I&#39;m <span style=\'color:red\'>Aziza/Tha0ne, I&#39;m 20, and I hail from Brooklyn, New York via Kissimmee, FL. Right now I&#39;m a junior (psych major) at USF in Tampa. I first began my journey March of this year. It was an accident! I transferred colleges and there was no one in the area I trusted to feed my chemical dependency. So I went without a perm for 5 long months. I wore braids and rocked scarves like nobody&#39;s business. Right before the Fall semester started I was feeling my new growth and I was like "Dang. I wonder what&#39;s my real hair like." I had never seen my real hair before because I had been getting perms since I was 5 (That&#39;s a shame). I sat down at my computer and did a random search on natural Black hair and lo and behold I found NP (YAYYY!) I was really hesitant at first about even thinking about cutting my hair . I thought up a whole bunch of excuses not to but one day I was trying to comb my hair and I just said "Bump this", went to a salon BC&#39;d(September 4th 2005). :smil3f728e20478ac:

Even though it&#39;s been only 2 months since I cut it, my TWA is not so teeny anymore and I&#39;m learning how to care for it thanks to the lovely ladies(and men!) of NP. I am in love with my hair and I am enjoying every moment of this experience :wub: . Kind of :smil3f9cf95099cff: It&#39;s really amazing to me how much I&#39;ve grown mentally and spiritually since I cut my hair and joined this site. Before it felt as if something was pulled over my eyes causing my vision to be blurred. Now I feel so aware of everything going on around me. Odd isn&#39;t it? It feels good. I feel as if I&#39;m setting a positive example to young African-American women.

I look foward to bonding with all my Sistahs and Brothas

Love, Peace, and Nappiness-Tha 0ne

(I&#39;m really sorry that I wrote so much...If only I could write my research papers like this..oh well!) T0
    [b][SIZE=2]"Sista big bones/ Can a brotha walk you home?"- Anthony Hamilton[/SIZE][/b]

JayDiva1 Guest

Hello everyone!!! My name is Jessica and this is my second time going natural. The first time I gave in to temptations :doh !!!! This time I know I can stick it out. I&#39;m tired of my hair being all damaged and falling out from perms and hair color. I found this website last year when I tried to do the natural thing before from another hair webpage. I really love this site. And because of so many beautiful black women are on here and successfully doing the natural thing together has inspired me to try it again. I just cut all of my hair off it&#39;s probably not even an inch long but it works for me. I&#39;ve done the short lokk before so I&#39;m use to it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Everyone . . . my name is lifesjoy . . . I&#39;ve recently desided to go napptural. I going for the longer transition period . . . just thinking about cutting my hair is scary but I&#39;m sure that once it starts growing out more I&#39;ll eventually get over it and just do it. I found this site through another message board and I&#39;m just looking for support and inspiration to keep on going. I&#39;m looking forward to not damaging my hair and having strong healthy hair.

12. Thanks samya78 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast