User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    trilynn20 Guest

Originally posted by freelocks@Nov 9 2005, 09:41 PM
    Just like how one should think before they speak, they should think before they touch. I don't allow people to put their hands in my hair unless it's my family. No one really does that anyhow.
    [snapback]1067636[/snapback]

Like freelocks said I only let my family touch my hair...but for some odd :dunno: yet sane reason my twin sis who has been natural for 3 mos like touchin my :afro: or puffs or my hair period. I guess she trynna get a feel of how her hair is going to be...but other people that's a no no especially my co-workers....

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if someone tries to touch my fro when I finish growing one, im going to shake my head uncontrollably like im from the exorcist or something, I think that will just about do it...LOL

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by carmennc@Nov 9 2005, 10:11 PM
    When she found it was soft, she asked me what kind of hair spray did I use. Poor thing.
    [snapback]1067748[/snapback]
    When she found it was soft, she asked me what kind of hair spray did I use. To make it stand up? LOL. :lol: Nah, we're poor. Poor things for depriving her, others, and ourselves of our beauty. But before anyone gets mad, what someone does to their hair is their own choice. Just educated choices is all I want.

Anyways, I've learned something else. If someone touches me, I'm gonna have to find a way to deal. I don't like feeling helpless because I can't slap them without thinking the po-pos gonna get me. I need to find some way to accept it, maybe enjoy it..if that's possible.
    :icon_eek13:
    [color=#660066][i]I believe your promise is too hard to give me courage.
    All with my feelings...
    the precious time seeing you.

I'm marching on...[/i]
    [b]TiA - Ryuusei (Shooting Star) - Naruto 6ED theme[/b][/color]

[img]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/Only1biancab/keikoxmew2.jpg[/img]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote]
    I honestly think some white people see the afro as a joke or costume.
    [snapback]1068405[/snapback]
    [/quote

I absolutely agree with you, almost like a gimmic. It's quite sad.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by tlsturghill@Nov 10 2005, 11:28 AM
    Hey, how do you blow your afro out? I am new to this afro thing, and I'd like to do some different stuff with mine. Plus I have shrinkage, so blowing out might help me.

T-ster
    [snapback]1068429[/snapback]
    We don't give advice on heat styling on NP, because it can result in irrevocable damage. Shrinkage is a given with nappy hair. Learning to accept it, even love it, is a part of loving nappy hair. :afro:

This topic title has been edited since its not really about heat styling.
    resistance to the nap is futile
    ...not everyone is prepared to experience the entire journey to get to the finish line, some run the diameter and some run the circumference ...
    -Deecoily
    If you see me, a Black woman with nappy hair, and assume I'm afrocentric...you're right. ~Mod W

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123