Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know other people have posted on this subject before, but I just had to add my own personal experience. The other day, I went into the break room and one of the White nurses says "I love your hair! I wish I had hair like that. It just stays put." So the lone Black nurse that was sitting in the room with them looks at me and then says "no you don't. Black hair is too hard to deal with. It gets dry. You have to grease up your scalp and put all kind of stuff in it so it won't get dry, or you'll be bald. Trust me, you don't want this hair." I was like :shocker: :shocker: :shocker: :shocker: :shocker: I could NOT believe that this b** opened up her lips and said something like that. But being the professional that I am, I contained my negroness and said "It really isn't a problem for me, and I don't grease anything, much less my scalp. The difficulty comes when you try to do things to it that it wasn't meant to do. Personally, relaxed hair is more work to me." I would have said something insulting to her about her broken off, tow up edged, thinning hair, but I held back!! My hair has only been natural for one year, and already my hair is as long as hers. She's probably been trying to grow hers for years! I wanted to say "you are bald because you keep frying your damn hair and scalp, and then try to remedy the problem by slathering on some pore-clogging grease!!!" It's obvious that this woman thinks straight hair is the only nice looking hair. She has given me looks when I've come to work with my fro before. I've been asked by other Black women at the job "what are you doing with your hair?" I'm like "taking care of it, so that I can have my own hair, rather than buying it like you are!" Whew! Thanks for letting me vent. I know you ladies have had the same issues. It still shocks you when someone actually does it to you.
    Bigger is better (of course I'm talking about hair!)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely agree...every time I see one of these posts I'm first shocked, appalled, and then sad. i get sad because I see that our people have been so conditioned to hate their natural hair that they begin to think of chemically altering their hair as a natural thing to do. It's really sad...when will they ever learn? :doh
    My little girl is here!

[url="http://www.baby-gaga.com/"][img]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/bunbunsrd20070305_-8_Khadeja%20is.png[/img][/url]

[url="http://public.fotki.com/lovelynapps/"]fotki pictures[/url]

jazzijenni81 Guest

this vent is the most ignorant of all ive seen (excluding the cancer vent). those crabs cant stand to see you pulling out of the barrel, its unthinkable for them to not pull you down. so mad she wasnt getting complimented. and how dare she criticize the unique beauty of our people period. but in the presence of w.hitey? that makes it even worse. sometimes you have to put class on the backburner and say b.itch who the ___ was talking to you? and what the ___ are you talking about?

mstnt is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by jazzijenni81@Nov 9 2005, 11:37 PM
    this vent is the most ignorant of all ive seen (excluding the cancer vent). those crabs cant stand to see you pulling out of the barrel, its unthinkable for them to not pull you down. so mad she wasnt getting complimented. and how dare she criticize the unique beauty of our people period. but in the presence of a White person? that makes it even worse. sometimes you have to put class on the backburner and say b.itch who the ___ was talking to you? and what the ___ are you talking about?
    [snapback]1067839[/snapback]
    Now I'm wit that right there, Ladies stop bitin' ya tongue and school these broads. :lol:
    Brutally Honest

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:shocker: IGNORANCE RUNS RAMPANT. It's like a freakin' disease. :angry:
    [b][SIZE=2]"Sista big bones/ Can a brotha walk you home?"- Anthony Hamilton[/SIZE][/b]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:shocker: I didn´t even know what to say..I´ve yet to hear such crap from anyone...I think I should be prepared for it...Msybe say something like "you think I would like the crap on your head?" no thanks... <_<
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003
    last chemical fire cream-April -May 2002, Cut off all relaxed hair-Nov 2nd 2003
    Loc´d Dec 11, 2011, redid some on Jan 1st, 2012

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by iscott555@Nov 10 2005, 04:48 AM
    I completely agree...every time I see one of these posts I&#39;m first shocked, appalled, and then sad. i get sad because I see that our people have been so conditioned to hate their natural hair that they begin to think of chemically altering their hair as a natural thing to do. It&#39;s really sad...when will they ever learn? :doh
    [snapback]1067774[/snapback]

Same here!
    So so sad.
    So now black people are the ones who stigmatize our hair in front of white people!
    After 8 years of locks , back to loose hair!!

mochalite Guest

I like your response.

I apologize for my sista that hurt you, on her behalf, I apologize

it&#39;s sad , just sad

but...

I really, really like your response. Thanks for sharing!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By not going of I think you showed maturaity in the situation. You also showed that you are confident with youself and with your hair. Going off on her wasn&#39;t going to make her like your hair or change her mind; it would have given you a akward work life.
    Stay encouraged!

:hug:
    Hebrew 10:23 - Let us hold unswervingly to hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. </span>

My Webpage
    <span style="color:red">ATTENTION: UPDATE: sept 06

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by iscott555@Nov 10 2005, 12:48 AM
    I completely agree...every time I see one of these posts I&#39;m first shocked, appalled, and then sad. i get sad because I see that our people have been so conditioned to hate their natural hair that they begin to think of chemically altering their hair as a natural thing to do. It&#39;s really sad...when will they ever learn? :doh
    [snapback]1067774[/snapback]
    My sentiments exactly
    http://public.fotki.com/michelle1908/ - Updated 2.8.11

http://michelle1908.blogspot.com/ - Updated 6.1.11

BC - 8.22.10 | Loc Journey Began - 1.1.11

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast