Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Napptural Ladies,

After 3 years of being Napptural, this summer I finally got the hair I always wanted. Healthy, moisturized and I was finally able to show my length! I have about 5 inches on top and about 3 to 4 inches on the sides and back. All of a sudden, my hair did a switcharoo around mid-September! Now its extremely dry and the shrinkage I have makes it look like I just did the Big Chop! :doh

I also colored my hair in October. Bad idea, because it made the situation worse! I cant figure out what happened. I really dont mind the shrinkage, but the dryness is driving me crazy!!! I dont know what to do, and I love the versatility of my loose, natural hair, but I'm now considering locs because I'm so frustrated. Any suggestions????
    :help:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't give up hope. Have you tried a glycerin/water/liquid aloe vera/rosemary oil spritz? this works great for me as does 911 emergency leave-in(my back up). Also conditioning oils such as evening primrose oil are great. I also do daily conditioner washes and add liquid aloe vera or glycerin to them. Also deep conditioning weekly under a hooded dryer has helped me a lot too.Pre-shampoo treatments of castor oil on my ends weekly has helped a great deal too. i have shrinkage too and i have embraced it- but can do two-strand twists or gel twists or comb coils if you want to show some length off. Hope something in here helps.

AHNK is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

You can deep conditioning your hair with a good moisturizing conditioner, that may help with you dryness. Everytime I wash/rinse my hair I always deep condition. It helps keep my hair hydrated and supple.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by carameldiva@Nov 18 2005, 07:13 PM
    Don't give up hope. Have you tried a glycerin/water/liquid aloe vera/rosemary oil spritz?
    [snapback]1078570[/snapback]

How exactly do you make that spritz? How many parts of each of those ingredients do you use?

thanks.
    On Nappturality since July 2003. Last creamy crack session: May 2003.
    No more of that since finding Nappturality.com

PacificSky Guest

What kind of hair color did you use? Is this the main culprit?

jazzijenni81 Guest

the same thing happened to me! this month my healthy hair turned so dry and wack what i did was stop the daily no pooing, mixed up a moisturizing cream-the recipe is in my fotki-and tried protective styling. i have comb coils now, so hopefully ill get a week or more out of them. i also started deep conditioning, i use pantene curl hydrating mask once a week after shampoo. so far so good. as far as shrinkage, i think that comes the napptural territory! try that cream though, i got through this entire week without wet head.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by natural-gal+Nov 18 2005, 06:19 PM-->
    <!--QuoteBegin-carameldiva
    @Nov 18 2005, 07:13 PM
    Don&#39;t give up hope. Have you tried a glycerin/water/liquid aloe vera/rosemary oil spritz?
    [snapback]1078570[/snapback]

How exactly do you make that spritz? How many parts of each of those ingredients do you use?

thanks.
    [snapback]1078577[/snapback]
    [/b]
    20% glycerin, 10% aloe juice, 5-10 drops of rosemary oil (or any other oil of your choice) and 70% water (in an 8 oz bottle)- shake it up and spritz- if it is too thick then add more water. Hope this helps.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don&#39;t know why but it appears that hair has different needs at different times. I found also that when my hair was the same length as yours, I had more trouble with shrinkage and not being able to wear the styles I wanted. I was patient and let it grow and that helped some, but I found I had to change my whole routine to get my hair to look its best again. I had been no-pooing and using what I considered a decent amount of conditioner to leave in but I got a lot of shrinkage. Occasionally I used shea butter or mango butter, but my hair looked dry and awful after using the products. I finally figured out that for now, my hair doesn&#39;t want hardly any product in it. So, recently, I have been leaving it as wet as possible, styling it and putting just the tiniest amount of conditioner on it in sections. This seems to be working for now, at least until my hair tells me it is ready for the next step!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your hair might need clarifying-- this could be due to hard water or product buildup. I know I need to clarify once every month or so, or my hair feels quite dry... Try making a rinse of 1/2 apple cider vinegar and 1/2 water.

shampoo your hair, rinse it well with your solution, then deep condition it. it sure helps me!

Poohbear215 Guest

Thumbs down

Just grow the color out of your hair. Don&#39;t get a color touch-up.

You don&#39;t have to loc your hair only if you don&#39;t want to.

Since you have color in your hair hair and it has made your hair extremely dry, you will have to do some extra conditioning and moisturizing.

Hope that helps! Welcome to Nappturality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast