User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laptop's

Born & raised in Boston now living in the ATL.
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help Fam,

I have a child in college who desparately needs a laptop. I'm going to get her one for Xmas. Problem is funds are limited, but I don't want to buy something that will not suffice her needs.

I heard Walmart will have a HP series on sale for $398 the day after thxgiving. I've heard it is a complete waste of money.

Any advise/suggestions would be appreciated.

Peace
    Cinn
    Bead Queen[color=#FF99FF]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first off i would say to buy something that's gonna last her 4+ years. i hear you saying funds are low, but i would suggest financing if it's all possible and seeing something that you can get an education discount as she is a student.

i've been using laptops since '97 and have been through 3 already and am on #4 with my work pc laptop. i'm tired of having to replace them every 2 years and i can tell you that gateway, hp, and compaq SUCK and dell is decent but i wont buy with them again.

so i finally bought an apple ibook and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT :wub: it is pricier than your pc's but so much more user friendly and all the programs are compatible with a pc. also they tend to last MUCH longer than pcs. (think of an apple as a toyota and a pc as a entry level ford.. no comparison). also with an apple you can finance for as low as $30 a month and they do offer decent discounts (i am a teacher and just had to show them my business card and paystub).

so i would say go with the apple and if not, at least think about some of the criteria that i've mentioned.

hope i've helped!
    Self-Love Coach :: Middle School Principal :: Mama :: Wife :: Author :: Black Girl Magic :: Queer :: Priestess:: Beyhive :: Head Queen Bee

Insta | Facebook | Website | Twitter

mochalocks Guest

Originally posted by libertyacc@Nov 21 2005, 09:51 AM
    first off i would say to buy something that's gonna last her 4+ years. i hear you saying funds are low, but i would suggest financing if it's all possible and seeing something that you can get an education discount as she is a student.

i've been using laptops since '97 and have been through 3 already and am on #4 with my work pc laptop. i'm tired of having to replace them every 2 years and i can tell you that gateway, hp, and compaq SUCK and dell is decent but i wont buy with them again.

so i finally bought an apple ibook and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT :wub: it is pricier than your pc's but so much more user friendly and all the programs are compatible with a pc. also they tend to last MUCH longer than pcs. (think of an apple as a toyota and a pc as a entry level ford.. no comparison). also with an apple you can finance for as low as $30 a month and they do offer decent discounts (i am a teacher and just had to show them my business card and paystub).

so i would say go with the apple and if not, at least think about some of the criteria that i've mentioned.

hope i've helped!
    [snapback]1081041[/snapback]

i have a feeling i might have to replace my compaq Laptop, the damn is almost 2 years old...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Hun,

Maybe I can help. I recently had probs with my laptop, and when I realized it was beyond repair, I ordered a new one from Dell. Dell does financing so you can pay off the laptop within a certain time. If you have enough money to pay it off later you can without penalties.
    They are great. I have no complaints. They have many sales going on, so check them out.

HTH

Jen

Dell
    Imperfection is Perfection
    Last chemical fire cream: July 2004
    BC: January 22, 2005
    [img]http://www.tickercentral.com/view/2ddd/1.png[/img]
    [url='http://public.fotki.com/Mocha22/']My Album[/url]
    [url='http://www.tickercentral.com'][img]http://www.tickercentral.com/view/2ddd/4.png[/img][/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with libertyacc Mac ibook G4
    Fotki: https://public.fotki.com/LaGina/

Final chemical service: December 2002

Youtube MissGinaCPA

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just to add that my last (at home) laptop was a dell. didnt even last 2 years. my school has a contract with detail so we teachers and students all have those laptops... still dont even come close to my ibook.
    Self-Love Coach :: Middle School Principal :: Mama :: Wife :: Author :: Black Girl Magic :: Queer :: Priestess:: Beyhive :: Head Queen Bee

Insta | Facebook | Website | Twitter

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad this topic was started bc im in search of a laptop and dont know what im looking for lol. Ive heard of the apples being really good, and thats on top of my list. Im a student so we can get the student discounts on apples. Im looking for something thats gonna last me for awhile since i have awhile left in school lol :blush:

and ibook is def the 1st on the list, hopefully i can get one with my school $

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you all think of the Mac Powerbooks as compared to the iBooks?

vicchnu Guest

I have a dell desktop and its going on 3 years and i've had no problems. I just bought a laptop last month from dell. I had to call tech support and it was a horrible experience. I have resigned never to buy another Dell. In a few years, i will by an apple laptop

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What ever you do don&#39;t buy a COMPAQ laptop. :Angry_boese008: I&#39;ve had two and I&#39;ve really waisted my money. Since funding is a issue, and I can trully understand were you&#39;re coming from. <_< I purchased my daughter a Sony which is pretty good. I also purchased a dell which are pretty good as well.
    Natural since 1998.
    Member on Nappturality since 2003
    Proud NOTM May 2005

http://www.facebook.com/jazitones?ref=name

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast