Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone,

I am in my 10th year of teaching and it is time for a SERIOUS change. I have been toying with the idea of teaching abroad for a few yrs now, but never had the nerve to really go for it. Now, I honestly believe that I am ready. I have looked into several places...but I think back on my trip to England back in 02. I can honestly see myself working there.

I just wanted to know were there any teachers here on the board that live in England? or people that you know? Please respond...I am looking for as much info as I possibly can.

Thank you in advance.

neveah is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny that you mentioned this. I am trying to get my teacher's certificate, but I would also like to teach abroad. Go to your local library and do some research. You can also use a search engine on the internet. That has helped me a little. One of the websites that I found to be helpful is www.joyjobs.com. There are job fairs for teachers that want to work abroad. This website will give you advice on how to get the job that you want. From what I've discovered, teaching abroad is a big business because so many people want to do it. Get ready to spend some money in order to get the help that you need. BTW, The University of Northern Iowa is having a job fair in February. Just go to a search engine and type uni overseas placment. Click on the list of schools link. Then you can scroll down until you see England and click on their website. I hope this helps.

minamo2 Guest

My mother in law teaches in Spain. She's a dept of defense (dodds) teacher. That may be something to look into. You would be teaching children whose parents are in the military. I went to dodds schools for most of my education and you get better equipment and materials,etc.
    You may be required to do more traveling than you want but its really cool.