User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Blackstar Guest

Wow!

thanks to spiral password is brownkinks and charise i decided to try their shea based syling and moisturisng cream.

charise mixed shea aloe with proclaim for her shake and go, while spiral used shea aloe with flax seed gel to make a cream.

it took a while to get it right, but i love this stuff now.

i'm finally using up the shea butter i've had sitting around for ages.

if you want to make a hair milk, add melted shea butter to flax seed gel and blend with a hand held blender.

if you want a hair butter, then whip up your shea butter first till it's soft and fluffy. you can add glycerin when the shea butter looks like whipped cream. then add it to flaxseed gel. add some of your favourite hair conditioner. and whip it all up.

i added some xanthan but this was just in case of any seperation. but i don't think it was needed.

make a very thick flaxseed gel. the more seeds you use the thicker the gel.

don't forget vit E for your shea butter, and a preservative for your flax seed gel (i use citric acid and sodium benzoate). but if you make this fresh with no preservatives, you'll probably use it up really quickly.

it's that good.

thick and creamy. takes care of drippies so you don't have to worry about cold wet hair. seals in moisture, defines etc etc

and great on dry skin too.

you can add some honey if honey works for you.

my signature has links to how to whip shea butter and how to make flaxseed gel.

seems like shea butter just loves water based gels.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blackstar Guest

you are welcome. i love this flax cream so much.

i've just been in your album laughing my head off. all that laughter almost got me thinking, 'why not give roseburnt my camera?'

na da.
    i'm sure you can find a nice, cheap used digital camera somewhere where you are. i'm dying for updates.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds great! will be trying this one next weekend. does the flax mix completely into the shea butter/glycerin mix? and what's your butter/flax gel ratio? and how thick is your flax gel? [runny, viscous like castor oil, jello-ey?]

op:

Blackstar Guest

well i made several batches until i got the consistency in spiral's album.

the first batch was viscous, very milky. i really don't measure. just throw it all in. shameful, i know. :-(

but the reason the first batch was milky was because the flaxgel wasn't thick and gooey. secondly, i didn't whip up the shea butter. i just added shea oil to the mix.

the second batch, i made an extra thick gel. boy that took some time. lots of seeds.
    so basically there were two phases.

the water phase: thick flaxseed gel
    1 tsp of xanthan (just in case. i might skip this next time to see if i needed it. it was to add thickness)
    lots of my favourite conditioner

i blended this all together and set it aside to cool down.

the oil phase: melted shea butter and olive oil, put in the freezer, let it crust over, whipped it up, added glycerin.

then i spooned the whipped butter into the flaxseed gel. whipped like crazy. added FOs and preservatives.

next day it had thickened up into a major thick pudding cream.

my hair is so soft. it doesn't even feel like winter.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

you are welcome. i love this flax cream so much.

i've just been in your album laughing my head off. all that laughter almost got me thinking, 'why not give roseburnt my camera?'

na da.
    i'm sure you can find a nice, cheap used digital camera somewhere where you are. i'm dying for updates.
    [/b]
    LOL.. I'm glad someone still finds joy in my pre-historic album. I really need to update.. Don't I? :unsure: .. I have so many photos that have been taken just not on CD.. oh wells..

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL.. I'm glad someone still finds joy in my pre-historic album. I really need to update.. Don't I? :unsure: .. I have so many photos that have been taken just not on CD.. oh wells..
    [/b]

Hey, you better update! Even I have, and goodness knows I was MIA for a good long while!

Oh, yeah... what is this thread about? flaxseed and shea? :unsure: Y'all keep up with the mixing, I'm too inept in the kitchen for this... good job, Blackstar!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotemain'>

LOL.. I&#39;m glad someone still finds joy in my pre-historic album. I really need to update.. Don&#39;t I? :unsure: .. I have so many photos that have been taken just not on CD.. oh wells..
    [/b]

Hey, you better update! Even I have, and goodness knows I was MIA for a good long while!

Oh, yeah... what is this thread about? flaxseed and shea? :unsure: Y&#39;all keep up with the mixing, I&#39;m too inept in the kitchen for this... good job, Blackstar!
    [/b][/quote]

@Ewuradwoa
    Your hair looks brilliant!

@Roseburnt
    OK I have an old digital 1.3 megapixel, 16mb card, Olympus Camedia D-360L which we bought back home in Toronto (my home town ^_^ ) in 2000. It takes 4AA batteries and works perfectly. You can have it but the only reason why we don&#39;t use it anymore is due to the fact that we left the cable attachment that is used to upload the pictures from the 16mb card to the computer - back in Toronto. So if you want it you&#39;ll need to purchase one of those cables. Email me or PM if you want to meet up for a coffee in London and I&#39;ll bring it for you to see if you like it. Mind - I&#39;ll be opening my business this week (shameless plug ) so Sundays look like the best days to meet up - if you&#39;re free that is.

@Blackstar
    I&#39;m sooooooo glad to hear that your hair is slowly liking butters (as long as it&#39;s a flax butter).
    Do you think that you&#39;ll try some other butters like say, Mango or Olive or Hemp or Mowrah?
    Mango + Flaxseed
    Olive Butter + Flaxseed
    Hemp Butter + Flaxseed
    Mowrah Butter + Flaxseed
    the choices are wide and varied..

15% off for NP members enter code -> i am beautiful <-

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

<div class='quotemain'>

@Roseburnt
    OK I have an old digital 1.3 megapixel, 16mb card, Olympus Camedia D-360L which we bought back home in Toronto (my home town ^_^ ) in 2000. It takes 4AA batteries and works perfectly. YAY SHULTA!! That would be fantastic if you could loan me it until I&#39;ve found enough pennies on the street to buy my own! :wub: If the card can come out of the camera, I won&#39;t need a cable because I can slot (hopefully!) the card into my laptop.. Yippee.. Thank yous a thousand times, sistren.. *off to send email*

Oh my goodness.. WHEN IS THA LAUNCH DAY?!?! Will there by Champagne & Mango Juice?? We must celebrate. You plan to come down on Sunday? I&#39;m free most weekends now - apart from Church.. Come down no man! ^_^ [/b]

Blackstar Guest

:lol: :lol: champagne and mango juice! :lol:

shulta, i might try mango butter. does akua sell some? i hope it smells mangoish. or at least like my body shop mango butter.

here&#39;s a pic of the flax cream. oooh, i&#39;m so happy.

@ewura, biko(igbo for please) you have to try this.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast