User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Frizzy Hair

keni1221 Guest

Hi all!! I am not knew to the site but this is my first post ever. My did the BC in September and have been struggling to learn how to do my own hair. When I braid or twist it gets frizzy after a day and a half. Any Suggestions on products to prevent the frizz would be greatly appreciated.

jazzijenni81 Guest

whats your routine and what products are you using?

keni1221 Guest

I wash once a week and deep condition. then I cornrow the fron and twist the back( I do this to get practice). I usually leave this style in for a week. during the week I CON rinse and spray daily with oil water mix. I twist with aloe vera gel.

mrsvon2003 Guest

I'm transitioning and I noticed frizzy hair at the top of my hair. I mixed some shea butter oil and jojoba oil that I bought at the beauty supply store last night. I rubbed it in my hands and applied it to my hair/ends and a little on my scalp. I braided my hair and wrapped my head with a scarf. I had a nice braid out this morning, and I noticed that the frizzy hair that I had on the top of my head was laying down.

al2getherlovely Guest

It's probably the Aloe Vera gel. I've noticed that products containing Aloe Vera make my hair frizzy as well. Try twisting with pure shea butter or products that are shea butter based such as Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter or The Jane Carter Solution Twist & Lock.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

natural aloe vera gel doesnt really have any holding properties which is why your hair may still be frizzy. you may want to try a stronger non alcoholic styling gel from the beauty supply.
    New hair album
    Updated 4/30/07

Old album
    R.I.P 5/16/04 to 5/16/06

w2goback is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a problem with moisture, when I get my hair wet, I notice how dry and frizzy it gets, not that you will ever be able to get away from frizz, I think it is just the nature of our hair. You might need to twist with the gel and something else, maybe some shealoe or shea butter. I try not to get my hair wet in the shower too often I find it drys out if not moisturized properly. A lot of people say their hair loves water, but mine cannot take it too much w/o moisture put back in.
    My 2006 Album

My 2005 Album

My 1st Album

I am Nappy and enjoying every minute of the journey and loving my hair and all its ups and downs

Be the person you want the world to be: Ghandi
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...sham/charm.gif

keni1221 Guest

Thanks to all those who replied so far. So far I've learned that I need to by a good gel and a moisturizing product. What are some good moisturizing product that I can find at a beauty supply store?