Thread: Shedding Hair

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need help. I have been natural for about a year now, and my hair was looking really good and healthy. I then blew dry it twice in the space of one week to get some length. After blow drying each time, i double strand twist it, then took it out after a couple of days. I blew it out again within 4 days after the first blow dry. I washed my hair and it was shedding like a dog and also broke off. What can i do to get my hair back to the lovely state it was. I have definetly laid off the blow dryer. HELP HELP what can i use to get my hair back to the state and also full. Now i have lost length and the fullness. HELP HELP HELP

jenoy is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put the blow dryer down! If you just have to see length, try twisting or banding it the night before, or give it a good brushing. Keep your hands out of it for about a week and see what happens. Try not to get into the "how long is my hair", the great thing about natural hair, is the mystery of the length of it. The blow dryer can become your enemy.

hth

j
    There is no failure in Jesus, so I am Sucker Free!
    I am not forgotten, God knows my name! - Israel & New Breed

2curly Guest

Unfortanately I would suggest to get a haircut and cut off all the damage ends to get your hair back in state so in can continue to grow to the length you desire if possible. Holding on to dead hair does nothing but cause more damage.
    Give good conditioning treatments after your hair cut, make sure its moisterize and lay off the use of heat so close togeather.

2curly Guest

Unfortanately I would suggest to get a haircut and cut off all the damage ends to get your hair back in state so in can continue to grow to the length you desire if possible. Holding on to dead hair does nothing but cause more damage.
    Give good conditioning treatments after your hair cut, make sure its moisterize and lay off the use of heat so close togeather.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need help. I have been natural for about a year now, and my hair was looking really good and healthy. I then blew dry it twice in the space of one week to get some length. After blow drying each time, i double strand twist it, then took it out after a couple of days. I blew it out again within 4 days after the first blow dry. I washed my hair and it was shedding like a dog and also broke off. What can i do to get my hair back to the lovely state it was. I have definetly laid off the blow dryer. HELP HELP what can i use to get my hair back to the state and also full. Now i have lost length and the fullness. HELP HELP HELP
    [/b]

At this point and time since the damage is already done you might want to clip those ends off or clip gradually. Keeping the hair moisturized and getting a good conditioner would help also.
    Natural since 1998.
    Member on Nappturality since 2003
    Proud NOTM May 2005

http://www.facebook.com/jazitones?ref=name