Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stopped relaxing a year and a half ago. I'm totally natural now, but I have no idea what I am doing. I just got sick of relaxing, and I saw so many sisters with beautiful natural styles, so I went natural. I didn't know what I was getting into. I had no idea it would require so much work. Don't get me wrong. I don't miss relaxing AT ALL. But, I don't know what I'm doing. I tried wearing a bush, and that didn't even come out right (I should post my pictures, you all would die laughing!!!) I don't even know the language (I don't know what flat box braids, and twist out are. LOL! It is sad, I know. But, this site is helping me learn.) Anyway, I get the feeling that a lot of people with naturals do their own hair. I'm not one of those people who can do that. (I've had four hand surgeries. All this thick hair causes me too much pain.) Does anyone know of some good shops and/or stylist in the Baltimore, MD area? Any and all other advice is VERY welcome (I need a mentor LOL!)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am the same as you right now im transitioning so my hair isnt all the way nappy.I cant style well on my own hair but i think i may be able to pull off twist.I dont really know any salons i go to my sis stylist&i dont have her number on hand.I get my sis to style my hair sometimes maybe you can get a friend or fam member to style your hair.I can only do a bunnytail&rollersets right now&they be lookin a hot mess.Try to hang in there my mom is also natural i may go to her stylist to see how i like it but i dont know her salon number either? i think its in randallstown md not baltimore though sorry if im not much help.
    Product Junkie. kinky, thick, frizzy 4c, 12 inch hair .My son is now 5 yrs old.My daughters are natural too.16&12i went natural when my youngest daughter was a year or two years old.

gayee is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is a forum on this site with natural salons. i believe there are threads that discuss baltimore salons.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am the same as you right now im transitioning so my hair isnt all the way nappy.I cant style well on my own hair but i think i may be able to pull off twist.I dont really know any salons i go to my sis stylist&i dont have her number on hand.I get my sis to style my hair sometimes maybe you can get a friend or fam member to style your hair.I can only do a bunnytail&rollersets right now&they be lookin a hot mess.Try to hang in there my mom is also natural i may go to her stylist to see how i like it but i dont know her salon number either? i think its in randallstown md not baltimore though sorry if im not much help.
    [/b]
    \
    Thanks for the reply. If you get any more info., please pass it along. Yeah, my plan of action for now is to get some friends to help me. I had my girlfriend (a licensed cosmetologist) to two-strand twist it and rod it. Now that, was a hot mess! She put way too much hair butter in it, so it wouldn't curl. But, she's my girl. I'm going to have here try it again for me minus the butter. My sister and cousin can braid their tails off, and another friend of mne said that she'd flexi-rod it for me. I just have to stop being scerred! LOL!