Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, have any of you all thought about using a blog for your business?
    , if any of you all use Yahoo to host your site, they just featured a blogging tool, we all can use now. (unless they had this before, and I didn't notice), but it's from a company called Sixapart. You can check out the website here: http://www.sixapart.com/typepad/pricing
    [/b]

moca
    you should try joomla/mambo

it offers you so many features! Not to mention the free templates!

mochalocks Guest

<div class='quotemain'>
    Hey, have any of you all thought about using a blog for your business?
    , if any of you all use Yahoo to host your site, they just featured a blogging tool, we all can use now. (unless they had this before, and I didn&#39;t notice), but it&#39;s from a company called Sixapart. You can check out the website here: http://www.sixapart.com/typepad/pricing
    [/b]

moca
    you should try joomla/mambo

it offers you so many features! Not to mention the free templates!
    [/b][/quote]

thanks.. I host my website with Yahoo, so I might just use sixapart as my blogging tool. It was just added to the plan.

mixed_with_confused_hair Guest

<div class='quotemain'>
    <div class='quotemain'>
    <div class='quotemain'>
    Okay ladies I know most of you know that I make cheesecakes but I&#39;m looking for a way to pick up some more clientele than the way i&#39;ve been doing it lately which is handing out samples and fliers and word of mouth. anyone have any suggestions
    [/b]

do u have any business cards, or what about a website? Or your :rolleyes: coworkers if you work outside of the home... or hand out flyers to family and friends to take to work with samples... get magnetic signs for your car... let&#39;s see, what else maybe letter your back window of your vehicle... put an ad in your local paper...
    [/b][/quote]

I&#39;ve been handing out the business cards. Already did samples at work. As a matter of fact that&#39;s where I&#39;ve gotten most of my orders for the Christmas holiday. I&#39;ve even been using the quotes that you guys posted in the December gathering thread as testimonials. An ad in the paper seems expensive but I did put an ad on Craigslist. I don&#39;t have a website(I know I need one) and I don&#39;t have a car so there&#39;s nothing for me to post on the back of :lol:
    [/b][/quote]

Are there any fairs around your area? Especially children or church fairs. Go with samples and some to sell. You should also go to forums that are desert and food related and post that you will send free samples to those who are interested.

Now! If you want to go on a "grander scale", go to your locate super markets and find out what you need to do in order to do free samples for a day inside or outside the store. Get your children involved. Also have them take samples to their teachers as X-mas gifts, "Holiday Slices" :blush: (slip some flyers in there!).

Is this something that you want to turn into a full time business or is it just a side gig?
    [/b][/quote]

I&#39;m definitely trying to do this fulltime eventually. I&#39;ve done the samples thing too. I&#39;ve gotten a lot of clients that way and pretty much my big mouth. :lol: I&#39;ll be on the train and I&#39;ll start talking to someone about my business and the kinds of cakes I make and I make sure I speak loud enough for others to hear me and then based off the kind of cakes I make I usually get several people who are interested

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here&#39;s a rant for you! :angry:

Now, I do not claim to be the world&#39;s best business woman nor do I claim to know everything there is in the field. BUT what I can claim is that I have the drive of 15 plantation slaves, the excitement of 15 CEOS and the wisdom of 3 wise men. In other words, I know that ALL businesses entail risk, an overwhelming amount of dedication and stress, lots of research and lots and lots of planning.

With all of that said, some of you may remember seeing my post about passing the tax classes at H&R and JH and being hired by H&R. Well, I spoke to my cousin last night and I told her I was going to open my own practice in February after spending 2 months with H&R. I mentioned how I went to look at a location yesterday and how I was thinking about hiring two other people to work with me. I was super excited! The little "twitch" turned around and just crushed my hopes. <_< She made some SERIOUSLY good points, but at the same time I was like, "Well dang sistah! You sure you don&#39;t want a sledge hammer to put the finishing touch on crushing my dreams!"

She made the point of me not being a "seasoned" tax preparer and my company not being one of the big 2s. She also mentioned that since this is my first year that I should not expect that many clients because people don&#39;t know us yet and that I should have some sort of advertising plan. Knowing me I rebuttled with the fact that 98% of tax preparers at H&R and JH are not "seasoned" tax preparers (how do you think I got hired!), these companies did not start out with big names but did grow super fast due to the fact that they did a GOOD job for their clients. I also mentioned that I already had an advertising/marketing plan and that the majority of caribbean and latin people don&#39;t go to H&R nor JH (they go where they can get the best "hook up") and they are my target.

I left the conversation feeling down, drained and upset not because she made realistic points, but because I realized that she did not believe in me and she was not motivating me positively. Mind you now, I have been encouraging and motivating this chick since June to open her own business and to start thinking positively about her talents and abilities (she&#39;s a writer and she wants to open a PR firm). I just feel that she could have been a bit more encouraging dang it and definitely more supportive!!

Will I go forth with this business venture? HECK YEAH! Especially seeing how much potential money can be made out of it, shooooot! Takes more than words to drive me away from money :lol: . Even if I don&#39;t make all that I expect to make, it&#39;s a good start and we can grow bigger next year.

What do you ladies think?

mixed_with_confused_hair Guest

Now, I do not claim to be the world&#39;s best business woman nor do I claim to know everything there is in the field. BUT what I can claim is that I have the drive of 15 plantation slaves, the excitement of 15 CEOS and the wisdom of 3 wise men. In other words, I know that ALL businesses entail risk, an overwhelming amount of dedication and stress, lots of research and lots and lots of planning.

With all of that said, some of you may remember seeing my post about passing the tax classes at H&R and JH and being hired by H&R. Well, I spoke to my cousin last night and I told her I was going to open my own practice in February after spending 2 months with H&R. I mentioned how I went to look at a location yesterday and how I was thinking about hiring two other people to work with me. I was super excited! The little "twitch" turned around and just crushed my hopes. <_< She made some SERIOUSLY good points, but at the same time I was like, "Well dang sistah! You sure you don&#39;t want a sledge hammer to put the finishing touch on crushing my dreams!"

She made the point of me not being a "seasoned" tax preparer and my company not being one of the big 2s. She also mentioned that since this is my first year that I should not expect that many clients because people don&#39;t know us yet and that I should have some sort of advertising plan. Knowing me I rebuttled with the fact that 98% of tax preparers at H&R and JH are not "seasoned" tax preparers (how do you think I got hired!), these companies did not start out with big names but did grow super fast due to the fact that they did a GOOD job for their clients. I also mentioned that I already had an advertising/marketing plan and that the majority of caribbean and latin people don&#39;t go to H&R nor JH (they go where they can get the best "hook up") and they are my target.

I left the conversation feeling down, drained and upset not because she made realistic points, but because I realized that she did not believe in me and she was not motivating me positively. Mind you now, I have been encouraging and motivating this chick since June to open her own business and to start thinking positively about her talents and abilities (she&#39;s a writer and she wants to open a PR firm). I just feel that she could have been a bit more encouraging dang it and definitely more supportive!!

Will I go forth with this business venture? HECK YEAH! Especially seeing how much potential money can be made out of it, shooooot! Takes more than words to drive me away from money :lol: . Even if I don&#39;t make all that I expect to make, it&#39;s a good start and we can grow bigger next year.

[/b]

I think if you are seriously good and anywhere near atlanta you can do my taxes

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey lady!

(ssssshhhh, maybe something to cheer you up) i&#39;m suppose to be working now...but i wanted to sneak in and let you know that your you know what is coming along nicely

i do know how you feel. i get it all the time.
    my motto is "you never know until you try!"

hang in there and give it all you got. you never know....it may not turn into exactly what you expected but it could even open a door to something bigger and better!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

I think if you are seriously good and anywhere near atlanta you can do my taxes
    [/b][/quote]

AAAWWWW thank you ^_^

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinkes
    You know what you have to do to make your dream come to life!
    There are always going to be people (yes even sistas) who will TRY TO stomp on your dreams, make you feel inadequate, slate you for no particular reason, talk behind your back & form a clique against you.

It&#39;s all part and parcel of being an entrepreneur - take it with a pinch of salt, be positive because it&#39;s only those that are negative towards you that are going to fail!

Keep heading towards your dream!

Do not allow anyone - no matter how long they have been in the business world - tell you that you can not do something you want to do.
    I find it soooooooooo hurtful when sistas do that to one another, no infact I find it shameful!

There are sistas out there that are full of SELF - who say they help and are supportive & have a reputation of being "really nice" but would be so negative when you start doing your own thing.
    Those kind of people will NEVER suceed..
    So, let those who are full of self and negativity go their own way.
    If I didn&#39;t already have an accountant and you lived in England I would definitely pay you to do my taxes because all I want to do is mix, pour, label, package & ship my Goodies, find new ingredients to evaluate & test with my chemist & cosmetic consultant & be happy....!!!

Focus Kinkes - YOU WILL DO IT!
    I have every faith in you!!!

15% off for NP members enter code -> i am beautiful <-

alma2254 Guest

Kinkes
    You know what you have to do to make your dream come to life!
    There are always going to be people (yes even sistas) who will TRY TO stomp on your dreams, make you feel inadequate, slate you for no particular reason, talk behind your back & form a clique against you.

It&#39;s all part and parcel of being an entrepreneur - take it with a pinch of salt, be positive because it&#39;s only those that are negative towards you that are going to fail!

Keep heading towards your dream!

Do not allow anyone - no matter how long they have been in the business world - tell you that you can not do something you want to do.
    I find it soooooooooo hurtful when sistas do that to one another, no infact I find it shameful!

There are sistas out there that are full of SELF - who say they help and are supportive & have a reputation of being "really nice" but would be so negative when you start doing your own thing.
    Those kind of people will NEVER suceed..
    So, let those who are full of self and negativity go their own way.
    If I didn&#39;t already have an accountant and you lived in England I would definitely pay you to do my taxes because all I want to do is mix, pour, label, package & ship my Goodies, find new ingredients to evaluate & test with my chemist & cosmetic consultant & be happy....!!!

Focus Kinkes - YOU WILL DO IT!
    I have every faith in you!!!

[/b]

Said perfect!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey lady!

(ssssshhhh, maybe something to cheer you up) i&#39;m suppose to be working now...but i wanted to sneak in and let you know that your you know what is coming along nicely

i do know how you feel. i get it all the time.
    my motto is "you never know until you try!"

hang in there and give it all you got. you never know....it may not turn into exactly what you expected but it could even open a door to something bigger and better!
    [/b]
    :wub: I can&#39;t wait for my you know what! :wub: That really did cheer me up. Thank you Possibilities

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast