Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am considering starting my second set of locs this year and I am trying to decide which method to use. I was considering loc extensions but after being quoted $600 today, I've decided against that. The loctician that I spoke with also stated that if I were to start my own locs with 2 strand twists they would take longer to loc? I'm curious as to other people's opinions if 2 strand twists take longer to loc than comb coils?

Also if anyone has progression pics of locs started with 2 strand twists I'd like to see them...

Or if anyone has any pics of medium to larger locs I'd like to see them too.

Thanks ladies.
    Yes, I'm a believer.
    And I'm officially a licensed "hair braider" in my state...

feepee Guest

i suuuuure do have progression pics. check out my album. and here's a comparison pic of my first 6 months.

this is what they look like now at about 11 months

You can still see some of the twist pattern on the ends. Mainly in the back tho. but they are obviously locs. i maintain mine using a latch hook.

LelaDada Guest

i did it that way too. take a look in my fokti (link below)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feepee your locs are coming along so nicely!
    I can see where the 2 strand twists you started with left a slight pattern at the end of your locs. The loctician I went to said that that would eventually go away....?
    I wish you could start my locs, the diamond parting you did on your friend looks really good.

LelaDada, thanks for sharing your album. You have a lot of growth for 1 year. Hopefully my hair will grow just as fast.
    Yes, I'm a believer.

NappyNiece Guest

Here is one month before until this month. I am currently going into month 10. I am missing august through october, I can't find those pics anywhere. My album has pics too.

Jan 2006

NappyNiece Guest

Sorry, pictures didn't post:

View Full Size at Glowfoto

mz_katz Guest

:smil3f9cf95099cff: guuuurl your hair is cute! Our hairtypes are very similar! hmmm...I'll be watching your album closely! ^_^

Sorry, pictures didn't post:

[/b]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NappyNiece your locs are maturing nicely too. They are nice and full. Anymore pics of medium or larger locs????
    Yes, I'm a believer.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having gone the loc extension route, I'd advise against it because you can get a similar effect for far less money with the DSTs. Some people use yarn as well.

blaqdredhd Guest

Hello Yummy:

I first started with coils then had to start over with 2st which worked well for me. It has now been a little over 2 years and there are still some of my locs that have the 2st pattern on the tips but your loctician was right, it will go away eventually. I am not worried as I have found 2st the best method for me and my hairtype.

You can find pics in my album, the link is in my sig. The most recent pics are in the 2005 folder. I cannot post a picture as it is so large it gets removed everytime I try to post a pic in a thread.

Enjoy!

Peace

~**BDH**~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast