Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My aunt sent this to me by e-mail. I thought some of y'all downstate (NYC - I'm in Albany) could use this info..... good stuff... good stuff.

Hi Gang
    >
    >If you or anyone you know can benefit by this information, please feel free to use this information or pass it on......
    >
    >Rewarding Local Entrepeneurs
    >
    >www.nyc.gov
    >
    >The name of the contest is the 2006 NYC Small Business Awards, a joint effort of the NYC Business Solutions and the NYC Commission on Women's Issues, which will be giving out $160,000 in grants to winning businesses. Now in its second year, the contest seeks to award those businesses thta have benefited women or demonstrated success for women in NYC by serving as role models for entrepeneurial success. The NYC Small Business Awards are not limited to female-owned businesses; all businesses are encouraged to apply. The focus of the award program is to acknowledge business and business owners thta benefit women or contribute to success for women in NY through the business environment or community activity. Entried to the award program will be judged on demonstrated success for women in NYC as well as business success and entrepeneurial leadership. To qualify for the 2006 NYC Small Business Awards, applicants must:
    >
    >*be at least 18 yrs old and a U.S. citizen or lawfully U.S. permanent resident.
    >*have a business in NYC
    >*have run their business for at least 2 years
    >*have a business with fewer than 100 employees and a reported gross annual revenue of less than $2 *million in the last tax year.
    >
    >Information Sessions for the NYC Small Business Awards 2006 will be offered to assist applicnats with the application proess. Information senssions ar not mandatory and will not influence the judging process. A schedule with dates and times for the sessions can be found online, at your local NYC Business Solutions Center or by calling 311. Applicaitons are being accepted now through March 2006, and are available at your local NYC Business Solutions Center at www.nyc.gov/women, or by calling 311
    >
    >NYC Business Solutions Center - www.nyc.gov/smallbiz
    >
    >How and where to get financing: Time 10am - 12pm @ 110 William Street, or at Info. 311 - Learn how to get financing and what bankers look for when they underwrite.
    >
    >How to sell to the government: same information as above
    >- session on basic government contracting for new and experienced government vendors
    >
    >**********************************
    >Helping Hands...........
    >
    >Thinking about opening a business in Brooklyn? Her are some resources that can help prepare loans, find real estate and deal with city and state agencies...........
    >
    >Atlantic Avenue Local Development corp 718-875-8993 or www.atlanticave.org
    >Brooklyn Economic Development Corp. 718-522-4600 ext 30 or www.bedc.org
    >East Williamsburg Valley Industrial Development Corp. 718-388-7287 or www.ewvidco.com
    >Flatbush Development Corp. 718-859-3800
    >Gowanus Canal Community Development Corp. 718-858-0557 or www.gowanus.org
    >Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership 718-230-1689 or www.myrtleavenue.org
    >North Brooklyn Development Corp. 718-389-9044
    >South Brooklyn Development Corp. 718-852-0328
    Hair eternal smokin' bush.... outta control forest fire approachin' your city...shamelessly in touch with the deep-grown roots of the fertile land called scalp..Hair she be my first love. Jennifer McLune

LGBN BLOGGER
    Elvis is a Rock Star. The mind of a Black 7 year old boy.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not in nyc...but thanks for sharing

mochalocks Guest

damn.. I'm going to have to miss out on this.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't be benefiting from it either... I live upstate. I figured there were one or 2 on here that could use it.
    Hair eternal smokin' bush.... outta control forest fire approachin' your city...shamelessly in touch with the deep-grown roots of the fertile land called scalp..Hair she be my first love. Jennifer McLune

LGBN BLOGGER
    Elvis is a Rock Star. The mind of a Black 7 year old boy.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for this information...

...here is a quick link to the site w/details.

NYC Small Business Awards 2006

At the site they mention that the grants are actually $50,000.00 each. Perhaps the total pot to pick from is $160,000.00...

I am going to post this info on my jobs event calendar...

peace...
    nubian
    WINTER '10/'11 | Something New Perhaps, | 'Poo (1x) and CON (7 min) | Giovanni, Natures Gate, or CHI products | Ylang-Ylang, Sage, and Rosemary in a base of Castor, Avocado, and Coconut oils for scalp/Ends Rub w/Shea Butter | Sun Protect Hair/Scalp Daily | DC & CON/Color Treat w/Henna-Indigo as needed | Trim as needed.