User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    TheyCallMeArie Guest

Thumbs down

Ladies, I just want to warn somebody - anybody who'll listen. I was constantly warned. I read all the threads - but you know what they say: A hard head...

I started transistioning last March '05. I figured I'd have a nice long transistion and once I decided to bc - I'd have lots of fluffy new growth so I don't feel so self concious about a big change.

I would get my hair burnt EVERY WEEK :dunno: , and to make matters worse, I was going to a person who "specializes" in natural hair. Of course I didn't know better. I thought being natural was all about chemical straighteners.

When I finally decided to get my bc 11/25/05, I had to get my hair cut to within a 1/2" of my scalp!!! :shocker: :Angry_boese008:

She barely believed me when I told her I hadn't relaxed my hair for 8-9 months. Even when she cut it that low - she said eventually she'd have to cut more because I have more straight ends to snip!! Oh, and I let you see all the breakage and thinning for yourselves....

Anyway, take a look at my fotki - you'll see my transistion pics and then the subsequent BC.
    Please don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore my funky cut; but, I often think about what my hair would've been like if I had only listened.

My natural hairstylist is DA BOMB, because she definitely made me comfortable and turned a bad situation into a Blessing!!

Check out my Album

lyricalsincerity Guest

thanks for the heads up hun! <3

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enjoyed your post. Looks like I won&#39;t be flatironing my locs anytime soon. :lol:

The immediate left and around the corner.
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a nice album. I enjoyed looking at your pictures. You have a lovely family.
    <div align="center">Visit me online: www.whoissugar.com</div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That happened to me too. I have been completely natural for 1 year. I have been without a perm since August 2003. I trainsitioned by getting my hair blown straight. I BC only because my hair was damaged and broke off from kinky twists. Well when I had it cut I still had straight ends. When I went to my Natural stylist she told me that My hair was natural but my hair had been straightened so much that it became straight. She did a little different from the OP stylist. She told me not to worry. She conditioned and rod set my hair for about three months. One day I went to Yaffa&#39;s and when malik washed my hair it was all nappy. I couln&#39;t believe it. She used the sets to mimic a curly texture so that my hair would remember to curl. It worked for me but maybe it won&#39;t work for others. I go between rod sets and other styles. I usually wear a set because my hair is so thin that it doesn&#39;t look right in twists. Twist outs for me are a waste of time. The sets seem to have my hair healthier and it&#39;s growing because it like a protective style. I recomend wet sets to anyone that is transitioning. They are not damaging and it will blend the 2 textures.

Hi Arie: OFF TOPIC
    I sell real estate too. Is that your company? If not tell me a little about it. Commission splits etc. I am thinking about changing. I am with Metrobrokers/GMAC. PM me please.
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance!

If you educate a girl you educate a generation. Mary Mcleod Bethune

"Imagine going to work and not being able to do your job. Now imagine that you can&#39;t leave your job.Imagine having to do that everyday.This is what life is like for children with learning disabilities."

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so thankful for this post!

I have been transitioning since October. I am happy to say that I have been without heat as well. I was talking to one of my sorors the other day, who is also transitioning, and she was telling me that she has been, and I&#39;m using her words, "frying her hair with a flat flaming hot tool of hair torture." I told her that I thought it would do some damage, but I wasn&#39;t sure exactly what the results might be. NOW I can tell her what might happen!
    Last chemical fire cream: October 6, 2005

B/C Date: 2/21/2006

Don't remove the kinks from your hair. Remove them from your brain. - Marcus Garvey
    My Blog and Pictures