Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

I have recently been using rosehip seed oil on my face and I have to say it's been alright. One of my friends however swears by jojoba oil and her skin is amazing. Have any you used either and what results have you had?
    Last CFC: 24th August 2005
    1st BC: 29/10/2005, 2nd BC: 3/02/2013

http://public.fotki.com/Nachural

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I used Jojoba on my face & scalp for about a month & the results were amazing so I mixed a little Jojoba with my Fijian VCO and my results were fantastic.
    If you can, try it!
    You won't be sorry.
    Jojoba is a very stable light moisturiser that resembles human sebum secretion and discourages blemishes & VCO is made up of medium chain triglycerides so when it's rubbed into our skin & scalp it provides the same anti-microbial protection as the free fatty acids in our own sebum.
    One day I will try to make a Jojoba & VCO cream because the 2 are just incredible for both skin & scalp.
    As for the Rosehip well, I have used it but found it to be OK. IMHO

15% off for NP members enter code -> i am beautiful <-

Nachural is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much for the reply Shulta :wub: . What exactly is VCO and where can I get some?
    Also is rosehip oil an anti-ageing product?

I think I am going to get me some jojoba oil soon.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think just about every oil manufacturer will claim that their oil can be used in an anti-aging or skin care routine. as to whether or not any particular oil will yield those results to most people, who&#39;s to say? i&#39;m sure it&#39;s an individual thing.

my experience:

i currently use RSO on my face and neck. i used it in the past and stopped because my local health food store had to special order it and i got tired of that drawn-out process.

but now they stock it. it&#39;s aubrey organics. it&#39;s quite costly (less than an half an ounce for $12!) but a very little goes a very long way. i initially bought it several months ago (and i&#39;m still using the same vial) because i picked at a gross pimple by my nostril, leaving a dark scar. the aubrey RSO comes in a vial with a roller ball on the tip for easy application and to help control the amount that is dispensed. on my freshly washed face and neck, i roll it over the scar (which healed in less than 2 weeks and had returned to my normal skin tone), around my eyes, and the corners of my mouth.

at 35, i have relatively clear skin and don&#39;t have prominant signs of aging on my face (mainly genetics), but i&#39;m not going to wait until i notice things before i do something about them. using RSO is a more natural way, without forcing me to obsess over and commit to costly skin care systems that are comprised of multiple products. i often don&#39;t even smooth it in with my fingertips, as it doesn&#39;t look or feel greasy after applying it.

i have used jojoba oil on my face and neck and found it to be average in results. it left my skin feeling like there was just oil sitting on top and not like it was being absorbed. not a good feeling. also, the organic jojoba oil that i used by aura cacia, had a cloying, nutty aroma. it didn&#39;t necessarily stink, but it wasn&#39;t something i wanted my freshly washed hair smelling like.

my current daily skin routine is:

wash with authentic black soap (not the preformed bars, and especially not those that are black in color and/or blended with shea butter and fragrance). i use black soap on my face about 3 days per week, plain water the other times. about once weekly, i use a wash cloth with the soap instead of my hands, to exfoliate my face and complete neck.

after rinsing my face and while it is still damp, i apply lily of the desert aloe vera gel to my face and complete neck. before the gel completely dries, i smooth a pea-size amount of shea butter onto my face and complete neck to lock in the moisture.

then i use my RSO and roll it between my brows (i have combo. skin and this area can become very dry and flaky) to reinforce the properties of the shea butter. i roll it beneath my eye area and carefully smooth it around the corners of my eyes without getting too close. i roll it at the corners of my mouth where i can predict because of the way i smile that i&#39;ll probably develop laugh lines. hopefully the RSO will soften the blow! ^_^

then i apply literal dots of the RSO onto the faint blemishes on my neck due to 2 ugly pimples long gone. their dark marks are practically gone and once they have totally faded, i&#39;ll probably discontinue the use of the RSO on my neck area and just continue with the shea butter.

that&#39;s it.

i emphasized complete neck above because i don&#39;t believe in neglecting the neck. you can almost always spot a woman who focuses all of her attention to her face, particularly if she is medium to dark in complexion, because her face will be shades lighter then her neck area.

whatever attention i pay to my face, i pay to my neck (all around, not just the front), including exfoliating.

hth

i want to add that i have recently started using organic coconut oil on my scalp and hair by jarrow. i&#39;ve tried to use coconut oil (the spectrum brand) but its coconut fragrance (natural) nauseated me.

i&#39;m sure different companies use coconuts of different ages and i&#39;m certain the region where the coconuts are harvested may have something to do with how fragrant the product is.

jarrow&#39;s brand is light and does not leave my hair or skin feeling greasy. i use it on my legs and belly.

jarrow&#39;s organic CO has a very faint, yet natural, coconut aroma. it&#39;s not offensive. and after i cleanse my scalp and hair with j.r. liggett&#39;s herbal shampoo bar and smooth the coconut oil onto my scalp and hair, the only aroma i get from my hair is that of my natural, herbal, shampoo. the spectrum brand left my hair smelling like butter. i&#39;m heaving just writing that. ^_^
    I felt so bad, but so deliciously satisfied. --gigglezk

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you&#39;re a mile away and you have their shoes. -- unknown

I asked, "What is Kemi Oyl?" and she replied, "Kemi Oyl." Then I asked, "What is a Kemi?" She read the bottle, then said she didn&#39;t know. "Maybe a plant."
    --Drizzle

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much for the reply thunderstorm. I am only 25 but I also believe that prevention is better than cure and I thought I&#39;d start early in the fight against wrinkles . Thanks for the tip about not forgetting the neck. I tend to neglect this area.
    My routine at the moment involves twice-daily washes with &#39;Witch&#39; foaming face wash. I then apply RSO while my face is a bit damp. Depending on whether I will be out during the day, I may add Olay&#39; complete care with SPF 15. Once or twice a week I exfoliate with apricot scrub.

XXXtacy Guest

I use Rose Hip Seed Oil and have for about 6 weeks. My skin has hyperpigmentation and the RSO has lighten the area considerably. I havent used jojoba oil and I wont until March. I wanted to see the difference between the two.

I got my RSO from "From nature with Love". I wanted to try another brand Aimara.

http://www.coventgardenlife.com/rosehip/default.htm

I hope this helps and add to your decision

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve been using jojoba oil for a my face, aonly with Aloe Vera, and my face has cleared up quite nicely.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies ladies.
    XXXtacy I checked out the link; I might be placing my next order from them. Just wanted to ask is there a difference between rosehip oil and rosehip SEED oil. I came across this website and it said there was: http://www.smbessentials.com/item--Rosehip...1-2-oz--rosehip
    The info appears contradictory anyway.

Aside: I am still using the rosehip oil and I have I am pleased with the results.

XXXtacy Guest

The difference between Rosehip and Rosehip seed

I am only going about this answer from my experience with gardening. They are the same thing. Rosehips are the seed of the rose plants. Both Rosehip and Rosehip seed oil comes from the burning the hair straight of the rosehip which has seeds in it.

Many of you may know that roses are a member of the apple family. Ever seen a rose hip? That&#39;s that big seed pod that forms on rose canes after it blossoms. Some roses, especially Rugosa roses, form rose hips that are as big as crab apples -- about the size of a quarter! And, in the fall they turn brilliant colors of red and orange, and sometimes even purple.

And, being a true member of the apple family, rose hips are edible. There are tons of recipes for using rose hips. We&#39;ve listed a few of our favorites below. Rose hips are also very high in vitamin C, and you&#39;ll often seen them listed as the main source for vitamin C in many commercially available Vitamins.

This is from my limited experience.

XXXtacy Guest

The difference between Rosehip and Rosehip seed

I am only going about this answer from my experience with gardening. They are the same thing. Rosehips are the seed of the rose plants. Both Rosehip and Rosehip seed oil comes from THE ROSEHIP BEING SQUISHED BETWEEN A PRESS which has seeds in it.

Many of you may know that roses are a member of the apple family. Ever seen a rose hip? That&#39;s that big seed pod that forms on rose canes after it blossoms. Some roses, especially Rugosa roses, form rose hips that are as big as crab apples -- about the size of a quarter! And, in the fall they turn brilliant colors of red and orange, and sometimes even purple.

And, being a true member of the apple family, rose hips are edible. There are tons of recipes for using rose hips. We&#39;ve listed a few of our favorites below. Rose hips are also very high in vitamin C, and you&#39;ll often seen them listed as the main source for vitamin C in many commercially available Vitamins.
    This is from my limited experience.
    [/b]
    It seems that I cant use the words P r e s s i n g or p r e s s e d. It comes out burnt hair??.. :unsure: ointlaugh:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast