Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Okay I seen her on the Oprah show for the Aretha tribute (I'm overseas so we are behind....please excuse me :duck ). I have a question, she's been talking about when she left Puffy because he was promoting another female artist and she felt that she was looking at herself. I've heard her story and I've heard this before but I can't figure out who this other female artist is.... :huh ? She won't say who 'she' is but do any of you remember?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faith Evans....

After Faith married Biggie she got high priority in Bad Boy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oohhhh gotcha. You know I thought about Faith but I didn't think it was her, to me they are totally different. Thanks

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

faith is a wayyy better singer than mary, so i can understand why she felt threatened
    ~How many fools will I let unlock the door to my heart, when I know that they shouldn't have had the key~ Hot Tequila Brown- Jamiroquai (Dynamite)

~This can never really end, its infinitely sad...can someone tell me when something good became so bad...so if you have a cure, to me would you please send...a picture of my life with a letter telling how it should really be instead~Picture of My Life- Jamiroquai (A Funk Odyssey)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi im gust with you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw Mary's Behind the Music, and she referred to Faith as "that woman". I saw the Oprah too, and she's still hot about that? I think she really needs to get over that, a label can have more than one female singer. That's the reason why I dig Mary, but sometimes, she can be too catty for me.

Sue.

Alas1119 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw this Oprah a few months ago and was wondering about this too. I strongly suspected it was Faith Evans. But there was something that Mary said that I find a bit strange...she said that Puff was pushing that female singer and she was a carbon copy of her (Mary). This is not an exact quote, but it's the gist of what Mary J. was saying.

Anyway, Faith Evans and Mary don't sound ANYTHING alike. What the heck is Mary talking about??? Can't there be more than one female on a record label? Sounds like the crabs in a barrel syndrome to me...

charli is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

faith is a wayyy better singer than mary, so i can understand why she felt threatened
    Yeah, but Faith ain't no star. She's no entertainer, she has very little stage presence. Talent, yes, exciting to watch perform, no.
    gigglezk- she comes over to np to air her dirty laundry but then can't handle it when we tell her her draws stank

AnaisKarim- There really are gender differences and there is nothing wrong with that as long as we recognize them and don't get continually blindsided by the constant quest for equality in every little thing. I feel my worth is equal to a man, but my function doesn't have to mirror his.

AnaisKarim- Hardheadedness and the inability to learn from the mistakes of others are two of the things that are causing quite a bit of grief for black women in the US today. We too often look for the one exception to the rule to justify making poor choices.

utamu- I love how talk of sexual openness turns into women needing to be willing to do any and everything to please their man (against her own preferences) because god forbid he'll cheat. We can't proclaim the era of sexual freedom and tolerance while telling women they need to be held hostage by a man's sexuality.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Fatih first came out she did sound alot like mary...I had a feeling also that maybe there was something other than business going on with puff and mary. Mary has always had alot of "self" issues like so many of us fatherless children of the projects. She is human and I love her for that. :bis
    ~Never allow someone with limited vision to limit yours~
    Officially Nappy 6 Feb 03
    Loc Journey began 17 Mar 07
    I be bloggin'...PM me for the lank!
    iStruggle...I'm a work in progress
    If I don't respond to your post directed at me, I probably have you on ignore #truestory

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by charli@Jan 2 2004, 04:30 PM
    Yeah, but Faith ain't no star. She's no entertainer, she has very little stage presence. Talent, yes, exciting to watch perform, no.
    :app I love Faith, but a stage performer, she is NOT!