Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just another update. So, the itching definitely subsided after the injections, and it continued to be almost non-existant for quite sometime. However, I've been feeling it coming back gradually over the last few days. This morning, i woke up with it bugging the heck out of me, so i started my routine with the shampoo the doc prescribed. No itching sense the wash! I used the sample they gave me, now i have to go get the actual prescription filled. I'm not looking forward to it, as the doc told me it was a pretty expensive one.. but if it will make my scalp feel this great, its worth it. I'm praying this isnt something I'm going to have to rely on forever to have peace though.
    How is everyone else doing?
    My fotki
    pw: locjourney

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:hug: :icon_heartpump: @ JAA.. I'm glad you feel better and the itching has stopped! When do you go back for a follow up? I'm so glad that the worst is over for you.. is the hair growing back in that spot yet?

We should hang out sometime this summer and go to some of the new hot spots downtown.
    Quit tripping on what you're wearing on your behind and get some education in your head.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:hug: :icon_heartpump: @ JAA.. I'm glad you feel better and the itching has stopped! When do you go back for a follow up? I'm so glad that the worst is over for you.. is the hair growing back in that spot yet?

We should hang out sometime this summer and go to some of the new hot spots downtown.
    [/b]
    Aww thank you girl! The hair is growing just a tad... i'm trying to be patient, 'cause i just started with the treatments, so realistically, i haven't given it enough time to grow, lol. But I'm feeling a lot better about it. I go back for more injections in 6-8 weeks. (which is about 4-6 now).

and yes lady we MUST hang out!!!! and soon. I gotta get out and meet some folks, lol
    My fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just another update. So, the itching definitely subsided after the injections, and it continued to be almost non-existant for quite sometime. However, I've been feeling it coming back gradually over the last few days. This morning, i woke up with it bugging the heck out of me, so i started my routine with the shampoo the doc prescribed. No itching sense the wash! I used the sample they gave me, now i have to go get the actual prescription filled. I'm not looking forward to it, as the doc told me it was a pretty expensive one.. but if it will make my scalp feel this great, its worth it. I'm praying this isnt something I'm going to have to rely on forever to have peace though.
    How is everyone else doing?
    [/b]

glad you are feeling better what is the name of the shampoo your derm prescribed?
    <<<been here since 2003>>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

glad you are feeling better what is the name of the shampoo your derm prescribed?
    [/b]
    Hey lady. The name of it is Clobex. You apply it to a dry scalp and let it sit. The website says only 15 minutes, but my doc said for 45 minutes! So I did, then rinsed it out and washed with my regular stuff. Scalp still feeling great hours later. Definitely ask about it if you&#39;re having lots of itchiness! How are you coming with your hair and scalp?
    My fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww thank you girl! The hair is growing just a tad... i&#39;m trying to be patient, &#39;cause i just started with the treatments, so realistically, i haven&#39;t given it enough time to grow, lol. But I&#39;m feeling a lot better about it. I go back for more injections in 6-8 weeks. (which is about 4-6 now).

and yes lady we MUST hang out!!!! and soon. I gotta get out and meet some folks, lol
    [/b]

patience..............according to wikipedia:

[quote]
    Patience is the ability to endure waiting, delay, or provocation without becoming annoyed or upset, or to persevere calmly when faced with difficulties.[/unquote]

sigh - i hear ya. 8 little letters which seem to weigh about as much as the titanic at times.

honestly, i&#39;d love to meet the gals in my area more than anything. i don&#39;t get out much cept for work and family stuff. my husband&#39;s business is taking up a bunch of time. this housefire drama all ~that~ entails sorta feel like i&#39;m drowning in an ocean emotions and time consuming episodes.

meeting some folks (i&#39;m pretty shy and not very self confident) making some new great friends is something i&#39;ve really gotta work on on a personal level.

Keep hangin in there - a bunch of us will do the same!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely go have the biopsy. I don&#39;t like needles... I used to have such a big fear of them, and although now i&#39;m much better with handling it, I&#39;m still not fond of them, lol. I walked in, and talked to the nurse and then to the doctor (dermatologist). He examined the spot and told me how the procedure would go. I got on the table and he gave me a shot in my scalp where the biopsy would be done to numb the area. The shot feels like a stinging pinch, but its not bad at all. Next he took the instrument and took a piece of the scalp and put it in a specimen cup. Afterwards, he stitched the area up, and told me i&#39;d come back in 2 weeks to have the stitches removed. The whole process took maybe 2 minutes. It was very quick, and not painful. All I felt was the pinch of the needle.

Its not bad at all, definitely go have it done. I don&#39;t anticipate the injections being that bad either.
    [/b]
    Thanks for the info it help me make my decission to get the biopsy. So, I went back to the derm to get the biopsy and just like you said it wasn&#39;t painful and very quick, only thing bothered me was when the numming wore off. Today I got my stitches removed and the results of the biopsy, the PA told me I have scarring alopecia and there isn&#39;t a treatment for it, but suggested that i try rogaine for women to stop it from coming out but there is nothing I can due to make my hair grow back in that area. I plan on seeing another derm to get a second opinion, hopefully I get better news.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info it help me make my decission to get the biopsy. So, I went back to the derm to get the biopsy and just like you said it wasn&#39;t painful and very quick, only thing bothered me was when the numming wore off. Today I got my stitches removed and the results of the biopsy, the PA told me I have scarring alopecia and there isn&#39;t a treatment for it, but suggested that i try rogaine for women to stop it from coming out but there is nothing I can due to make my hair grow back in that area. I plan on seeing another derm to get a second opinion, hopefully I get better news.
    [/b]
    Aww I&#39;m so glad you went lady!!! I&#39;m sorry about the results.. but i think its wonderful that you are going to get another opinion. I just refuse to believe that there&#39;s nothing that can be done. Maybe another derm will be willing to try something more to help. If you don&#39;t mind me asking, how long have you been noticing/dealing with the spot? Is it itchy and sensitive?
    My fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww I&#39;m so glad you went lady!!! I&#39;m sorry about the results.. but i think its wonderful that you are going to get another opinion. I just refuse to believe that there&#39;s nothing that can be done. Maybe another derm will be willing to try something more to help. If you don&#39;t mind me asking, how long have you been noticing/dealing with the spot? Is it itchy and sensitive?
    [/b]
    About two years ago when I was transitioning, I had micro braids in my hair and when I took the braids out, my hair came out with the braid, on the top of my head. This scared me but didn&#39;t stop me from getting some more braids a couple of months later. Then when I took those braids out the same thing happened but this time two braids came out leaving behind a noticable bold spot. So, I got my hair cut down so the bold spot wouldn&#39;t be so noticable and got my hair braided again. Luckly, my hair hasn&#39;t fell out anymore but in that spot the texture and the fullness is different from the rest of my hair.
    You know the funny thing is that I didn&#39;t notice that I had itchy scalp until after reading a lot of post ppl leave on this site, I always thought it was a natural thing because it seems like my hair has always been itchy. Yes, sometimes my scalp gets sore and very tender in that spot.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About two years ago when I was transitioning, I had micro braids in my hair and when I took the braids out, my hair came out with the braid, on the top of my head. This scared me but didn&#39;t stop me from getting some more braids a couple of months later. Then when I took those braids out the same thing happened but this time two braids came out leaving behind a noticable bold spot. So, I got my hair cut down so the bold spot wouldn&#39;t be so noticable and got my hair braided again. Luckly, my hair hasn&#39;t fell out anymore but in that spot the texture and the fullness is different from the rest of my hair.
    You know the funny thing is that I didn&#39;t notice that I had itchy scalp until after reading a lot of post ppl leave on this site, I always thought it was a natural thing because it seems like my hair has always been itchy. Yes, sometimes my scalp gets sore and very tender in that spot.
    [/b]
    I used to scratch my head a lot when I was younger, not knowing that there was a problem too.
    let&#39;s get out of debt in 2007! [color=#993399]www.financialdestination.com/morgan1[/color]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast