Seven is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What? Is he looking for the next Marshal Mathers or perhaps he’s looking to bridge the gap between the races? :rolleyes:

There are so many chocolate faces out there that would love this opportunity. (and not just the prep school) What’s the point? Really? I know there’s hip hop museum set to start up but the end of semester talent show and studio sessions?...and i don't even like rap.

Ice Tea teaches the Art of Hip Hop

this is the school.

can we have a rant and rave section <_< for crazy blluisht like this.
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

mstnt is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love hip-hop but we have bigger and better things to learn\teach about other than tryin&#39; to rap, I guess he does call hisself tryin&#39; to bring the races together but there are alot of better ways to do this.
    Brutally Honest

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, we do have larger issues. I don’t even like hip hop but I do love to see people fulfill their dreams.

This is upsetting for me because it deals in dreams and dreams are so important. They build hope and confidence and hope and confidence are key.

So many AA young people have dreams of doing what Ice T is offering to these kids who have everything.

I’m sure the parents and kids at York see this as nothing more than basket weaving.

meh....
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

Ketchup is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose if it&#39;s possible to have singing and then songwiting schools then so be it for rap...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What? Is he looking for the next Marshal Mathers or perhaps he’s looking to bridge the gap between the races? :rolleyes:

There are so many chocolate faces out there that would love this opportunity. (and not just the prep school) What’s the point? Really? I know there’s hip hop museum set to start up but the end of semester talent show and studio sessions?...and i don&#39;t even like rap.

Ice Tea teaches the Art of Hip Hop

this is the school.

can we have a rant and rave section <_< for crazy blluisht like this.
    [/b]

:wacko:

He needs to stick to Law and Order SVU and hang up the whole pimp/playa/thug thing. Ain&#39;t he almost 50-he&#39;s getting too old for that nonsense.
    Where can you find me?
    Twitter: @TheDrIsIn2015
    On the Web: https://opinionsmusingsandreflections.wordpress.com/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wouldn&#39;t even waste two brain cells on this mess. say it with me...publicity stunt, publicity stunt, publicity stunt!
    UPDATES!!! Mar 16![/b]
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/tafakari

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me...Phil 4:13

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bizzaro thought just occurred to me.

What if he’s looking to become some university’s Professor Emeritus of Music....with hip hop&#39;s new found legitimacy every thing.....stranger things have happened.
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It just seems to me this is something else for other "folks" to study and educate themselves in; deem themselves experts and inevitably come back trying to educate us about ourselves or something we created. (i.e. African & African-American Studies, literature, history, music, civil rights, culture, fashion, etc, etc, etc....)
    Need I continue? :soapbox:

Dude is not doing anybody any favors by attempting to teach these wealthy, disconnected children about something they don&#39;t understand. If anything this will only serve to further perpetuate how they view the poorer masses. Especially, if he uses today&#39;s hip hop as the context. If they are trying to teach these kids about others lives and cultures, they would be better served to offer a course on diversity and community service. :icon_twak:
    [b][i]"Liberate the minds of men and ultimately you will liberate the bodies of men."[/b]
    [color=red]Marcus Garvey [/color]

[b]"For over three hundred years the white man has been our oppressor, and he naturally is not going to liberate us to the higher freedom—the truer liberty—the truer Democracy. We have to liberate ourselves. " [/b]
    Marcus Garvey

[b]"It is a peculiar sensation, this double-consciousness, this sense of always looking at one&#39;s self through the eyes of others. . . . One ever feels his twoness,—an American, a Negro; two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warrings ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder." [/b]
    [color=green]WEB DuBois[/i][/color]

equality is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you guys miss the point. if you saw gene simmons&#39; rock school you might "get it". like "rock school", "rap school" IS about teaching the overprivileged basically how to come out of their shell and express themselves through an art form that perhaps they did not even consider a legitimate art form. Rock school was set at some super ridiculous elite private school- something hospital school for music- in britian. its the same idea- different barely. It isn&#39;t so much about teaching these kids to empathize with "others" it just about their particular evolutions. it wouldn&#39;t even make much sense to give this "opportunity" to those chocolate faces cause they already revere the art, so what new found appreciation or evolution would come of it? it&#39;s just mundane reality TV. it&#39;s really not that serious.

AND I LOVE HIP HOP!!!!!!!

Now MTV@&#39;s FIGHT CLUB- that&#39;s serious- if you love hip hop.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:wacko:

He needs to stick to Law and Order SVU and hang up the whole pimp/playa/thug thing. Ain&#39;t he almost 50-he&#39;s getting too old for that nonsense.
    [/b]
    thats what I was thinking.
    just seems to me this is something else for other "folks" to study and educate themselves in; deem themselves experts and inevitably come back trying to educate us about ourselves or something we created. (i.e. African & African-American Studies, literature, history, music, civil rights, culture, fashion, etc, etc, etc....)
    Need I continue? [/b]
    dig it...

^ This is my happy place

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast