retro is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever I get my hair done, it doesn't last as long as it could. One reason could be attributed to water. Whenever I take a shower, although I wrap my hair all the time, water seeps through and messes up my do. I always felt I was the only one with this problem, can anyone suggest something I can do to change this.

curlymrs is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What styles do you usually do on your hair? Do you use heat and straighten or do you just do twist outs, puffs, etc.?
    My hair, my rules!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by curlymrs@Jan 6 2004, 01:31 AM
    What styles do you usually do on your hair? Do you use heat and straighten or do you just do twist outs, puffs, etc.?
    I liked to know the same things.
    3rd chop: 02/18/07 (Nappy since Nov. 21, 2002)

[SIZE=2][color=hotpink][b]GOT PINK?[/b][/color][/SIZE]
    I'm a CNapp :)

pw: Narcissa (when locked)
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/KinkyCoils/"]My Album[/url]
    [url="http://www.youtube.com/Kinkycoils"]I'm on YouTube[/url]
    [url="http://kinkycoils.blogspot.com"]My blog[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The styles, I use are bantu knots, and double twists, or flat twists, which last me for 5-7 days, and I rinse daily, but I also apply aloe vera gel, to keep it neat. That seems to help me.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you choose styles that accentuate your nappiness instead of work against it you won't have this problem. A person who wears their hair nappy should not be afraid of water from a shower. If you are, you probably don't have the right hair style for your texture. All of my styles get better with age and water. Only experienced the problem your talking about when I'm working against the texture (dang, when was the last time that I did that?)

tran68 Guest

I have the same problem with water and/or steam from the shower when it comes to my twists in the crown (which is the looser-textured) part of my hair....the rest of the twists plump nicely, even twist-outs, but in that section it looks more like a fro-out! :lol So....I really have to either cornrow the crown or flat-twist it to wear any type of twist or twist-out style because otherwise I'll look like I have TWO hair-do's goin on instead of one :huh ....oh and I've tried making the twists smaller....they still unravel, so it's just the nature of that part of my head.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ashrob123@Jan 6 2004, 01:50 PM
    If you choose styles that accentuate your nappiness instead of work against it you won't have this problem. A person who wears their hair nappy should not be afraid of water from a shower. If you are, you probably don't have the right hair style for your texture. All of my styles get better with age and water. Only experienced the problem your talking about when I'm working against the texture (dang, when was the last time that I did that?)
    ITA

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you should try rinsing less often. Instead of or in between the rinses, you could use a spritz with a leave-in conditioner or clarifyer type product added... I think this would really help the styles to last :rainfro

I also have a problem with my twists in the back getting wet in the shower. I don't know why they get wet :-? . It is not like the twists back there are six inches long (only about 3 1/2 - 4 inches). But no matter how strategically (sp) I place my shower cap...they ALWAYS get wet on the ends and then begin to unravel faster than the others. :huh
    Nappy Hair Is The Truth ...and if I am a reflection of it, then I must be fly.... and I
    wouldn't lye...

My Hair Blog
    <span style="color:#33CC00">Hair Story

JustKei is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh boy, I need someone to tell me how to keep them coils. I hear of people rinsing them, I tried rinsing mine on the 6th day without using my hands and making sure the shower was low, needless to say I had coils no more. I hope when I am able to get twists they will be rinsable otherwise I&#39;ll be wearing box braids.....

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wear a short twa and have no trouble taking care of my hair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast