Thread: Curve Salon

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I've always wanted to ck out the Curve Salon in Brooklyn, NY but was waiting until a perfect opportunity to take the day off. I realized that you need to leave a non-refundable $75 deposit when making your appt so I wanted to make SURE I would be able to make it there before calling. Anyway, stupid me was thinking that I would probably be spending somewhere near $150 to $200 at the salon. Again, I say, STUPID ME. I ran into this woman at the drugstore a couple of days ago and she immediately began asking me about my hair and who does it. :smil3f9cf915b71bf: I told her I do it myself. She then asked me about the products I use. Since I LOVE talking to other nappies about hair, I stopped what I was doing and began telling her :smil3f9cfa4a8d9af: about all the products I use and I even gave her Asha's website to ck out. She asked me "Have you ever been to the Curve Salon in NY?" I told her no but that I bought the curly pudding and use it for my twist outs SOMETIMES. She told me about her experience there and how she got the best hair cut she EVER had! I was getting all souped up about it :Cool_049: !!!! But wait??? Why did she tell me the only problem she had with the salon was that she walked out of there paying over $400??? For a color and cut???? :shocker: :shocker: HOWEVER, she still insisted that she can't complain because of the perfect hair cut she received. But damn! My dream of making it to the Curve Salon is now gone! I can't afford that!

Has anyone else had an experience at Curve Salon and maybe spent a little LESS?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the stylists @ Curves see a weakness in women, and they exploit it.

$$$$$

Most of the people going into that salon are not rich, dammit. And they know it. It's a financial tragedy to spend $400 on your hair.

The cops should run in there and drag them out for stealing. :lol: Then again a lot of yt salons are overpriced too...
    Big Chop: January 2004

Current style: Big azz afro

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$400 for a haircut and color!!!!

That is madness...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess now I know why they don't list their price list on their website. And the woman told me she had NO idea what she was going to spend until they were done. Thats kinda messed up not to inform the client of how much they should expect to bring with them to the salon. Doncha think? Or maybe I am just not UPSCALE enough to even go! :rolleyes:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

400 bucks...for a color a cut in my opinion is a star price for a non star based type of salon. I mean I would say that Curve is on the more upscale end, but not like that. They aren't stomping with the big dogs yet for those types of prices.

I agree with Vinny about them takign advantage of their clients because they realized that they've found their little niche in the hair care industry for women with kinky/curly/coily hair.
    transition :: 10.30.04 bc ::04.24.05 natural :: 8 YEARS!!!!!! http://public.fotki.com/debonaire :: updated::04.25.13
    to unlock :: lovely

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't pay it, lol. This white girl told me she paid $165 for her cut and color and I was shocked at that!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dam that's a lot a money for those two services. What comes with the color and cut.? An outfit and some shoes! :lol:
    Natural since 1998.
    Member on Nappturality since 2003
    Proud NOTM May 2005

http://www.facebook.com/jazitones?ref=name

JustKei is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what would happen if in the end you told them you dont have that money???

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dam that's a lot a money for those two services. What comes with the color and cut.? An outfit and some shoes! :lol:
    [/b]
    :lol: For that price I better get a stripper named 'Chocolate Thunder' jumping out of a birthday cake with my name on it.... :lol:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow... I hope my aunt gets a chance to read this. Hopefully I get a chance to call her and warn her. She knows of a couple of people who go there and their hair look amazing but come on...I'm sure you can find anyone who can give u and outstanding cut and color for waaaaaaaaaayyy less than that. There's no way in the world I'll pay that much on my hair. And trust me I love my hair.

It's true what everyone else said, they take advantage because they realize they are one of the few who do natural hair but knowing they are one of the few should make them want to help us out and not break our spirit. If you dont have strong will to stay natural seeing the price of this and knowing you cant style your own hair will make anyone go back to the perm. But I'm thankfull I can style my own hair.

Man I'm still chocked.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast