Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iÃÅ*»m hoping that we can not only support each other, but help relieve some of the stigmas of mental illness (regardless of severity).

i am currently on celexa and lamictal. as long as i take it like iÃÅ*»m supposed to, i can really tell a diffence. i am able to function "normally" i.e. shower, go to work, go out, be around people etc... most prior to the celexa and lamictal, i was on paxil and lithium. that worked for a while, but after a few months i was sinking and i gained weight; 25lbs in less than five months (as if i werenÃÅ*»t depressed enough). in chronological order is since 1998 my meds have been as follows:
    1. 20mg paxil increased to 40mg with no change
    2. 40mg paxil with 150mg wellbutrin-cr. that worked for a minute
    3. 40mg paxil, 150mg wellbutrin, and buspar 2xpd enh
    4. wanted off the meds so transitioned down to @ 10mg paxil every other day before the "paxil flu". i saw a psychiatrist who transitioned me from paxil to prozac then nothing. there was no withdrawl from the prozac, but i wasnÃÅ*»t well either.
    5. felling like crap, i was put back on paxil @40mg daily. the idea being if it worked before...
    6. back to paxil and wellbutrin. nothing.
    7. paxil and double wellbutrin. big mistake. i was later told by my last shrink that wellbutrin is not the best medication for those with aggitated depression. now she tells me.
    8. paxil and lithium. better, but continued to sink.
    9. after the weight gain, the doc put me on 20mg celexa and 25mg lamictal 2xpd.
    10. (most current) still getting progressively worse, meds were doubled to 40mg celexa 1xpd and 50 or 100mg lamictal 2xpd (i forget the exact dosage).

so far, the latest scrip is working. as i said, i feel "normal". i still have my days, but not nearly as many as before. the other thing is that i didnÃÅ*»t want to take the meds, not at that dosage. i desparatly want to be ok with out being medicated, but have accepted that for now i canÃÅ*»t. i hope that one day i will be able to, but if not, thatÃÅ*»s ok too.

as far as dx, iÃÅ*»ve been: major depression disorder- recurrent. my psychiatrist thinks i am bipolar II but i donÃÅ*»t agree. i tend to be so down so much that if i hit "normal" it seems like mania (or hypo-mania). a good friend, who is a lic. psychologist, thinks iÃÅ*»m dysthymic and i agree. dythymic (a constant low-grade depression) with episodes of major depression (double depression).
    Thanks Ev.</span>

Reviews
    Read Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

I&#39;m not on meds anymore. Took myself off of Celexa (sp?) in - oh what maybe &#39;99 or so - and haven&#39;t been back on since. I have a certificate in Herbal Medicine and I just really don&#39;t like the way chemical drugs affect me so i&#39;ve been controlling my depression through diet, herbs, meditation, etc. I&#39;m definitely not saying that would work for everyone, but I&#39;ve been able to keep things at bay for the most part. What triggered me going on meds was when my Mom died in 1996, so now that my Dad just died I&#39;ve been watching myself to see if I&#39;m sinking and needing to go back, but so far so good (G-d willing).

- Tania :afro:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have suffered for years with panic disorder/General Anxiety Disorder (GAD)/social anxiety . IIt often culminates into bouts of agoraphobia.

Over the years I have taken prozac and paxil, and have now just started on xanax. The xanax has seemed to be working the best -- especially for the panic attacks and agoraphobia.

I hope to one day combat this -- it has cost me a lot, including a really dear friend. I am blessed to have a husband who really is trying to support me through it all, but it&#39;s hard for me to really let people in. No one likes you when you&#39;re crazy... I don&#39;t take the chance of letting people in far enough to find out.
    Have a great day,

Serenity
    IT Manager, Engagement, Technical Support
    Apollo Group, Inc.

Just a girl and her blog...
    True Serenity...Yeah, I Blog