Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello all,

If you've visted my album recently, you may know that my SO decided he wants to start locing. However, he wants part of his hair to remain unloced-meaning he wants the front to be cornrowed and the back loced (see link below). I have been trying to do research but have not found out how to do this :dunno: . I know there are certain rules to follow in the beginning stages but I'm not sure if these will work for the loose hair. Can someone help???? :dunno:

HIS HAIR

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello all,

If you've visted my album recently, you may know that my SO decided he wants to start locing. However, he wants part of his hair to remain unloced-meaning he wants the front to be cornrowed and the back loced (see link below). I have been trying to do research but have not found out how to do this :dunno: . I know there are certain rules to follow in the beginning stages but I'm not sure if these will work for the loose hair. Can someone help???? :dunno:

HIS HAIR
    [/b]
    Its easy. You braid, twist, or coil, etc., the entire head. The front or the portion of the front he wants to remain loose you will just take out and detangle every now and then so that it doesn't lock up. The rest of the hair you'll leave to lock. (Then I looked at your pic :doh ) - you could also leave the front cornrowed and make the braid/twist/coils in the back. The cornrows will come out every now and again to freshen them up. The back - well you keep tightening in your method of choice to maintain. "The rules" - I don't see any conflict - unless you choose to go by the one where you aren't supposed to wash your hair for x-months to start. I don't recommend that for anyone. You can also condition the loose part but conditioner makes some people's locks slide out or makes the hair too slippery to lock so if that's the case with his hair texture keep those kinds of products away from the back. There's a poster in this forum - Trula who has her hair this way. You might find her album useful. Search for it under her username.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice! That was a lot of help!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is someone you may be able to picture AJ from 106 & Park, his locs were some loose and loced. Remember he would have conrnrows and then his loced hair in a ponytail. That's the only male I can think of