Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going on a HUGE trip around the world and I am so excited!

Here 's where I'll be going:
    London - South America - Pacific Islands - Asia - London

My hair is THICK and I usually wear it braided past my shoulders. I would love to get some advice about what to do with it whilst I'm away. Is it possible to get it braided in South America, Australia, New Zealand, South Pacific and/or South East Asia? Should I take my products with me? Does anyone know who I could contact in these countries to ask this? Does anyone have the names and/or addresses of any salons, especially in South America (not Brazil) and Asia that cater for black hair? Please help!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going on a HUGE trip around the world and I am so excited!

Here 's where I'll be going:
    London - South America - Pacific Islands - Asia - London

My hair is THICK and I usually wear it braided past my shoulders. I would love to get some advice about what to do with it whilst I'm away. Is it possible to get it braided in South America, Australia, New Zealand, South Pacific and/or South East Asia? Should I take my products with me? Does anyone know who I could contact in these countries to ask this? Does anyone have the names and/or addresses of any salons, especially in South America (not Brazil) and Asia that cater for black hair? Please help!
    [/b]
    It's your first post, but if you look at this board there are women all over the world on it. So that should give you some indication.

When I moved to Korea, I was concerned too. But what I found is you have to just find the black population. I found other black people who had either lived in Korea or were living here. They turned me on to a nice guy from Nigeria and he gave me the names and numbers of two or three women who did braids. I brought my own stuff but that wasn't necessary either. I eventually found a full-service salon that caters to black hair, and I still go to them from time to time even though I've ditched the micros and I'm completely natural now.

I can't speak for all of the places you're going but I've been to a few and I always spot blacks and Africans in every major city I've been in.

I would, however, learn to just wear my hair natural. On my last trip to Europe I wore two afro-puffs most of the time. It was summer. I was traveling from Bangkok to Frankfurt to Berlin to Brussels to London and back through Bangkok before coming back to Korea. I rocked afro-puffs during the whole trip. When you're on vacation you're not going to want to commit even a few hours to getting braids. At least I didn't.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you go to Honduras, they braid hair. There are a lot of people from the Garifuna tribe in Ceiba - they can braid their butts off.