Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else beginning to dread wash days with their two textured hair?

I don't know what is different this time with my transitioning hair (this is my third and final time), but washing my hair is so time-consuming and almost difficult. It might be because my hair is longer this time, or maybe the difference in textures is more drastic than before?

Anyway, I'm almost 8 months post and detangling my permed hair is getting difficult. Not to mention that air-drying at this point is out of the question (except in a braided bun...boring!). I have to act fast and spend time cornrowing, which is also hard to do on wet hair because of the tangles... or I have to rollerset... which takes almost as long.

I'm not sure what to do, I just trimmed my hair less than a month ago... and I don't feel quite ready to BC yet. At this point, I've gone from washing my hair every 2 days to stretching washes out up to a week....

Anyone else going through this?
    Last chemical fire cream: Dec. 4, 2008
    Transitioning...

acacia is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:lol: I know i do but love suave so much its not really a huge problem but i hate not being able to run my fingers through my easily but biolage detangling solution really helps me in transitioning check it out: http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-p26836360?sourceid=13 and http://www.suave.com/products.aspx?kind=ca...als&cat=Shampoo
    BC: June 25, 2006
    Current stats: 11 inches of loose 4-a/4-b hair
    My Blog: http://goddessofnight-puresoul.blogspot.com/

NadaJ is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acacia, I use Biolage too! I use the hydrating shampoo and conditoner.

It's strange, when I first started transitioning, I had the hardest time detangling. After the first few months, it got better, at least for me. I roller set my hair once a week, and I try not to comb or manipulate it much at all. I usually only comb it w/conditioner on wash days, and then when I'm setting the hair. I also started caring for my natural hair as opposed to my relaxed hair..I got rid of my relaxed hair products/styling aids, and I've use oils and butters now.

To kisses03, I've been trying to go with the flow. I don't blowdry it, comb it, use a curling iron, and scarves and hair wraps have been my bestest, bestest friends! I think washing once a week is fine. I can't even fathom washing this transition hair more than once a week.
    Last re.laxer: 2/15/06
    BC: 6/17/06
    Locs born: 7/12/08

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

I definitely feel your pain I plan to transition until December 2006, but I might BC in August if the detangling situation does not improve. I survive on braid and twist outs. I re-braid my hair every night (I finger part my hair) and wear a stocking cap when I go to bed. My twist and braid-outs actually last longer since I started doing this. I only comb my hair when it is wet with conditioner and I always air dry. I can't wait to BC. Who knows, I might keep my hair short for easier maintenance

Obsidian78
    Last CFC: February 25, 2006
    BC: July 4, 2006

"Discovering the truth about ourselves is a lifetime's work, but it is worth the effort"
    -Mr. Rogers

Obsidian78 Album

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies ladies... it's comforting to know that some people out there feel my pain. I washed my hair today with Neutrogena's Triple Moisture Shampoo, and it helped the situation A LOT. I also did a no-no and detangled my dry hair (braid out) before I washed, and my hair was much easier to deal with...

Nonetheless I'm thinking of moving my BC date up still... or maybe just doing a mini BC in late july. I'll miss my length, but my relaxed hair is causing me all the probs.. and I'm getting more and more tired of it with every wash. Plus I'm jealous of my mom and the ease of dealing with her twa...
    Transitioning...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, thats how i felt towards the end of my transition. it was so frustrating trying to detangle gently when you just wanted to get it done. i just remembered what i was doing it for and that it wont be this way forever (i also upped my BC date too.lol). but its something you have to do. try different methods and products for detangling and just be patient.

good luck to you!
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/missg1013/"]lookyyy at myyyyyyy fotki![/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a suggestion. Before you get into the shower divide youhair into 4 large sections (you know like a big t or cross parting) and then braid each section so that you have 4 large plaits. When you get into the shower, wahs each section individually. Then you can braid them back up in the shower when you are done and let them air dry that way (and this will keep your hair streched and detangled) or leave it loss after you wash and condition each each section and style as you choose after you get out. This may make things easier and quicker for you. Make sense?

Or you could simply cut your hair right now and be done with the hassle.

Good luck and I hope this helps some.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i probably won't be much help as i'm only three months in to your eight - but i co-wash daily with vo5 conditioner, comb from tip to root with a wide-tooth comb while the conditioner is in, rinse - leaving some conditioner in, squeeze out excess water with towel, scrunch in olive oil, swoop into a clip or pony tail, and let it dry like that. when i do this, detangling is easy and my hair stays soft n moist. i hope i make it to the eight month point myself. you are doing great to make it that far! good luck~

Here is a suggestion. Before you get into the shower divide youhair into 4 large sections (you know like a big t or cross parting) and then braid each section so that you have 4 large plaits. When you get into the shower, wahs each section individually. Then you can braid them back up in the shower when you are done and let them air dry that way (and this will keep your hair streched and detangled) or leave it loss after you wash and condition each each section and style as you choose after you get out. This may make things easier and quicker for you. Make sense?
    [/b]
    i like this idea, i will keep it in mind for when my transition gets tough!
    Perfectly Unrefined (⁎˃ᆺ˂)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THANK YOU LADIES, especially your suggestion Supergirl on the 4 braids!! I washed my hair tonight and it was a completely different experience! I lost so little hair, and the comb glided through. I just left the braids in the entire time, and only took unravelled them to comb through the conditioner then braided them back up. I feel so much better about this transitioning situation now!

I also have to shout-out my new fave shampoo... Neutrogena's Triple Moisture... it was like a Co-wash (which my hair hates normally) with all the moisture, minus the build-up! I'm a happy girl on her way to complete nappy-dom!
    Transitioning...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THANK YOU LADIES, especially your suggestion Supergirl on the 4 braids!! I washed my hair tonight and it was a completely different experience! I lost so little hair, and the comb glided through. I just left the braids in the entire time, and only took unravelled them to comb through the conditioner then braided them back up. I feel so much better about this transitioning situation now!

I also have to shout-out my new fave shampoo... Neutrogena's Triple Moisture... it was like a Co-wash (which my hair hates normally) with all the moisture, minus the build-up! I'm a happy girl on her way to complete nappy-dom!
    [/b]
    That's awesome! It's great to hear that things are working better for you and that you are feeling better about transitioning. Good luck in the rest of your journey.

And I hope the suggestion works for you too LadyThoms.

All transitiners should remember this technique for when your natural hair gets really long. It will help you then too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast