Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Hey everyone,

This my first time posting in this forum.
    I have spots at the corners of my forehead one is not as bad as the other. The right side actually looks like its filling in but the left side seems to be getting bigger!

I just noticed that yesterday and I'm trying to not get discouraged but I feel like I'm losing

I like to do a lot with my hair and I'm constantly trying to do different styles so that I won't get bored. But I have a tendency to pull my hair back in the front because that hair is a lot straighter than the rest of my hair.
    So if it will hurt my hair to do puffs and pinning hair back with booby pins I'm at a loss at what to do anymore :unsure:

I would be so grateful for you all to help me with ideas! Maybe others could get some inspiration from this too ^_^
    "Don't you let those other boys fool you. Got to love that Afro hairdo." --Corrine Bailey Rae
    Perm free: 6 yrs. 12.13.04
    Transitoned for 1yr and 3 months BC date: 3.16.06

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was so surprised to see this post b/c durring the numerous time taht I viisted your album, it did not seem as though alopecia was a concern. I have very sensitive sides which are recovering from a decade plus of chemicals.

I think you can still wer your puffs, but perhaps you can flat twists or braid the hairline so that it is not being pulled back, i.e. a single flat twist one eitehr side, starting at the top and going downwards towards your ear. This is usually what I do.

You could also try wearing braids or twists more to take any tension off the hairline

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the ideas! My spots aren't completely bald its really thin and fine its sort of looks like baby hair.
    My derm said that it looked like it was growing back but if it was growing back why would it get worse?
    Anyway I took some photos of my spots and will post them to a folder in my album so that I could have a progress folder similar to yours.
    "Don't you let those other boys fool you. Got to love that Afro hairdo." --Corrine Bailey Rae

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to worry Liberate, they will improve with time, just try not to pull on them so much or fil the area with excessive products that create buildup.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone,

I have spots at the corners of my forehead one is not as bad as the other. The right side actually looks like its filling in but the left side seems to be getting bigger!

I just noticed that yesterday and I'm trying to not get discouraged but I feel like I'm losing

I like to do a lot with my hair and I'm constantly trying to do different styles so that I won't get bored. But I have a tendency to pull my hair back in the front because that hair is a lot straighter than the rest of my hair.
    So if it will hurt my hair to do puffs and pinning hair back with booby pins I'm at a loss at what to do anymore :unsure:

I would be so grateful for you all to help me with ideas! Maybe others could get some inspiration from this too ^_^
    [/b]
    Hi Liberate,
    I viewed your album and thinness was not apparent to me! You say you are constantly pulling your hair back, this may be the problem, it is better to alternate your hairstyles and maybe wear twist-outs to avoid pressure on your hairline. I find that thinness is also caused by using the same partings constantly and braiding the area too tighly. If you are sure that the area is thinner, perhaps scalp massages and a no-poo routine may make a difference, your hair looks great to me.

HHG,
    MeechUK

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to worry Liberate, they will improve with time, just try not to pull on them so much or fil the area with excessive products that create buildup.
    [/b]
    Thanks for the ideas and support! I appreciate it more than you know. ^_^ I have a feeling I'll have more than a couple questions for you! Hope you don't mind :blush:
    I will try to get better at not puling my hair back so much. I don't put anything directly on my scalp anyways and was washing at the first sign of build up so I'm good there.

Hi Liberate,
    I viewed your album and thinness was not apparent to me! You say you are constantly pulling your hair back, this may be the problem, it is better to alternate your hairstyles and maybe wear twist-outs to avoid pressure on your hairline. I find that thinness is also caused by using the same partings constantly and braiding the area too tighly. If you are sure that the area is thinner, perhaps scalp massages and a no-poo routine may make a difference, your hair looks great to me.

HHG,
    MeechUK
    [/b]
    Yes I've realized that I have to stop pulling my hair back so much but its so hard!! :blush:
    I just have to get used to wearing my hair completely out until I think of something else.
    I already do scalp massages but I could do them longer...
    Thanks for the reminders! ^_^

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Liberate

I have thinning in the exact same area. I credit the problem to my locs and the tension from the constant retwisting, pulling back in a headwrap and ponytail. I am using an oil combo I got off of motowngirl.com which consist of peppermint, rosemary, vitamin e and jojoba oil. I have been using it for a lil over 2 weeks and I'm monitoring the area. As of today it looks like its filling in.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought about using olive oil because this happened to my sister a couple of years ago and I let her use my ORS cream olive oil and she said thats what she thinks that helped it grow back. Its just that my scalp does not like it when I put oil on it. If I was to do that aI guess I would have to wash my hair more frequently, which is something I should be doing anyway.

Another member also suggested emu oil to me and I also read that sage eo would help to thicken the strands while rosemary helped to grow it...

I hope that one of those would be okay to use with my prescription my derm gave me :unsure:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You stated that you have been to see a dermatologist. Are you getting cortizone injections in the weak areas? I have a thin spot in the back of my head, and I have been receiving cortizone injections for about a year. I'm glad to say the weak spot has begun to grow. Usually with alopecia areata, the hair grows back unless the tissue is scarred.
    Hey everyone,

[/b]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You stated that you have been to see a dermatologist. Are you getting cortizone injections in the weak areas? I have a thin spot in the back of my head, and I have been receiving cortizone injections for about a year. I'm glad to say the weak spot has begun to grow. Usually with alopecia areata, the hair grows back unless the tissue is scarred.
    [/b]
    No I have a prescription for Luxiq (sp?) and it is taking forever to see any growth <_<
    I&#39;ll have to remember to ask about that the next time I go.
    I don&#39;t really like the idea of needles in my head though :unsure:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast