msoyekan is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was messed up. You are doing your thing now and that is all that matters. You are rocking that TWA as they call it. By the way, what does that stand for? I went to your website and read the about me section. I'm a single mom with a son with the same name. But I'm 4 years older. It's a small world, isn't it? I'm in the process of transitioning. I have been doing so for 2 months and I'm trying to go 6 before the BC.

I keep feeling in my head and just want to cut it off. I'm scarred. Not only of what I'll look like but also and how I'll be accepted in the school world. I just became a teacher and I don't have a job yet. I would like to get my foot in the door first. But it's like you said and what I already know. What God has for me is already for me. I just have to wait on him right?

Keep doin what you're doing.

Peace, Love and God bless

Ms O
    Ms. Oyekan
    As BOLD as a lion and as COURAGEOUS as a tiger, I am unapologetically me

Last CFC May 12, 2006
    BC: October 13, 2006

I love me and my hair

msoyekan is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ms Tee,

Before I saw your fotki I was really thinking about doing the BC only after 2 months. Now that I've seen your transition I'm more confident in what I can do with my hair. I'm gonn have find someone to do some Sengalese twist for me too. For at least two months.

Also, I&#39;m going to be in a wedding next May. By that time my last cfc will have been a few days over a year. I was wondering how I was going to where my hair especially considering I&#39;m the maid of honor and my cousin is bougie<(Somebody help me out with the spelling). Your fotki really helped a transitioning sister out. Thanks.
    Ms. Oyekan
    As BOLD as a lion and as COURAGEOUS as a tiger, I am unapologetically me

Last CFC May 12, 2006
    BC: October 13, 2006

I love me and my hair

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was messed up. You are doing your thing now and that is all that matters. You are rocking that TWA as they call it. By the way, what does that stand for?[/b]
    Twa=teeny Weeny Afro

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, he is missing out and it didn&#39;t take him long to figure out what a mistake he&#39;d made. [/b]
    And thank God you found out what a mistake you could have made! What a fool! You look great!
    Dread since 2005

The Revolution will not be televised - Gil Scott Heron

My Fotki - pw: simiya

Val Guest

So I was in the process of possibly pursuing a relationship with a guy. He was nice. Seemed promising and then I did the BC. He told me and I quote: "You were sexy before, but now you are just OK." I was like "WTF!?!?!"

Only thing changed was my hair. I am still Asheley. My face and body are still the same. And I think I look BETTER with my TWA then I ever did w/ my creamy cracked excuse for long hair.

But I didn&#39;t say anything. He then asked what I planned on doing with my hair... I took a deep breath because I am tired of being asked that. When I get a chemical fire cream and cut my hair, do people ask me what I plan on doing a year down the road? No... mayun.. I am so tired of that question. I wrote a long blog about it too.. but back to the story at hand.

After I told him that I don&#39;t really have plans he then said good night. *insert confused look here*

So 2 days later, I took new pics, posted them on myspace and he comes back around saying he takes everything back and I look great... *insert "I don&#39;t give a dayum" look here*

MEN!
    [/b]
    Dear FluffyAsh,

for the record, I think your one of the more attractive women I&#39;ve seen with a fro, and for what it&#39;s worth, one of my exes had a "fit" when he saw my first big chop picture.......to quote him directly, "you were so beautiful!"

I&#39;m sorry, but if my beauty is, in his eyes, just engulfed in my hair, then I now realise that I don&#39;t need this guy to be too involved in my life.....it shows me that&#39;s he&#39;s never seen the real me, and probably never will.

To be fair to him, he did email me later saying "it&#39;s what&#39;s inside that counts"......mind you this was after his mon saw me and I told her what his reaction had been...the poor woman was mortified that her son would behave like that.....oh well, back to the drawing board for her I guess.

take care,
    Valique

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Men! LOL

Thanks ladies. I am hired to do the site *dancin* and I am loving my fro! Sure I am a PJ, but I love finding what my hair likes and don&#39;t likes. I am finally finding a routine that works for me and it is all good. I get mad love @ the barbershop when I go, and everyone (except moms) likes it lol
    SheSnappi.com -- See me there

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im scared right now because a guy i recently started seeing will be back in town this weekend and i never told him i had planned on chopping all my hair off. i know my beauty isnt simply in the creamy crack hair i was sporting but he did meet me and was attracted to me looking one way.

hes from england and when he saw my natural friends hair he made the comment that it seems the natural coiff is more accepted aver there - he thought her hair was nice but prolly hard to accept for american men

we&#39;ll see
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/bluesaki/"]http://public.fotki.com/bluesaki/[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn&#39;t read the posts, but I&#39;ll tell you what...

Any man that thinks like that is not for you hun.

Since chopping, I attract what I want to attract.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember Love (and I got this from NP of course)...

Our hair is a filter for BS men! It is rare that shallow men try to approach us. Our hair demonstrates our deepness. Its a beautiful thing. Watch how the kind of men you attract changes, now that you are napptural. ^_^
    "A true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. A true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginningless time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purified light."
    Taken from Avatar: The Last Airbender, the series.

Proud CNA and Nursing Student :))

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Button your statement is sooo true!, I have been seeing my boyfriend for 6 months and he met me whilst transitioning, although I still had the Creamy Crack on my head, he always supported me and my quest for natural hair. A couple of months I found a picture of me when my hair was cracked up!!!!, I will say it looked fierce...and I started to have impure thoughts about having my my hair &#39;re-cracked&#39;. He was disgusted!!!!! he said that he met me when I was beginning my natural journey and he would never forgive me if I creamed my hair!!! Lord knows I am blessed.

Anyhoo nearly a year on (september 16th 2005 since I relaxed my hair), and I have since cut off the permed ends and I am sporting two cute little Afro puffs (pictures soon). My man is bi-racial and he has always told me he loves natural black women!, thats why I love him soooooo

[b]Been Napptural since 19th September 2005
    NO LOOKING BACK!!![/b][color=#9999FF]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123